EDC prybar

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
A.S.

Re: EDC prybar

Post by A.S. »

I have my prybar out everyday for some task. They are as fun to collect as knives to me. With so many available in any price range, it’s worth trying one out. I personally carry mine in my back pocket.
Attachments
69D9F77A-52DF-4BB1-8D56-52B6F8A68DC2.jpeg
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

OldHoosier62 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:16 am
Google "CountyComm widgy prybar"....Thank me later.
If anyone is interested in purchasing one use code EDC10. 10% off. they sent it to me in my email for letting it sit in my cart overnight.
Justin
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

crazywednesday wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:51 am
If anyone is interested in purchasing one use code EDC10. 10% off. they sent it to me in my email for letting it sit in my cart overnight.
Might as well see what happens and try EDC20 then ;)
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I keep a widgy bar in my tool pouch in my bag and have used it 3x on 10 years (bent it once removing moldings) - the short ones have no leverage (****, the 4" widgy barely has enough leverage) - would like to swap with a 6" Vaughn or something, but that's bulky, though more useful
Can't imagine the titanium ones not bending
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

GarageBoy wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:04 am
I keep a widgy bar in my tool pouch in my bag and have used it 3x on 10 years (bent it once removing moldings) - the short ones have no leverage (****, the 4" widgy barely has enough leverage) - would like to swap with a 6" Vaughn or something, but that's bulky, though more useful
Can't imagine the titanium ones not bending
Have you tried one of the Shark pry / moulding bars? Fantastic quality. A little larger than the 4” widgy but much more useful for tougher jobs.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

8" long is kinda long - but I should toss one in the car
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Micro Beverage Breaching Tool (v2.0) - by AR Custom Knives... on a dangler.

spyderg

Post by spyderg »

I’ve posted about this one before, but happy to again! My K’roo “Chunky Drunk”, I emailed him my idea, then after a little refinement this was the result. It’s my most used tool. Sooo handy.
AD83AB07-E48D-4712-8A73-C398FE878B46.jpeg
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I carried a Gerber Shard for 2 years and upgraded to a Casey Lynch All Access pass. I carry a prytool to save my knife tips from all those things you really shouldn't do with a 200 dollar knife tip. The shard was great and useful, big downside was no pocket clip and it was pointy, so I got poked in the leg every once in a while. The point would also dig into your palm if you were prying.

The Lynch is over 10x more expensive than the Shard (6.99 vs 90).... is it 10x better? The short answer is no. It's only about 8x better :D But without a doubt it's better in every way (exept no Philips, though I never thought the shards Philips was that great). The Lynch weighs almost nothing yet is stronger, it's got a pocket clip, it's more ergonomic with better leverage, and it is beautifully machined and finished. Can't say enough nice things about the attention to detail and quality. Not a sharp edge on the thing either, no pocket poking. Lifetime guarantee doesn't hurt either.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

James Y wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:30 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:53 am
The more I think about it I'm quite sure that some type of stout, rigid prybar would be great to add to a high quality Multi-Tool.

I've never really given it a lot of thought until these recent threads on prybars have come about>> but a really solid, rigid, stout prybar would have a lot of good EDC uses to it.

I'm kind of surprised that Victorinox or one of the other companies that make really good Multi-tools hasn't implemented something like that.
Although Victorinox has not come out with a singular pry bar tool, their Spirit multi-tool’s large screwdriver/bottle opener is extra-thick, and one of its listed purposes/functions is as a prying tool/‘crate opener’.
On the same page again JIM :cool: I can't agree with you enough>> Victorinox multi-tools should be considered the industry standard in my humble opinion. The two Victorinox Multi-tools I own are keepers all the way. Even the metal saws and wood saws that are on their multi-tools truly work extremely well for small jobs.

Even though I do agree with you that you can do a huge amount of daily chores with one of their multi-tools I still find it advantageous to probably have a separate pry bar. That selection of titanium pry bars that Old Hoosier referred to that you can get from CountyComm look great to me and I plan on getting one very soon. Titanium is a perfect choice of metals to make a pry bar with>> especially a small sized unit.

It is incredible how handy a small pry bar can be at times. And with the strength of titanium as well as all the other desirable properties it has make it ideal IMO.