Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bbturbodad

Re: Didn't realize how tiny it BEE

Post by bbturbodad »

abbazaba wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:44 am
Anyone have a picture of a McBee next to a Spyderco Dog tag?
Here ya go...
-Turbo
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Perfect, thank you!
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

mb1 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:35 am
Gangsta! ;)
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:51 am
I have never thought to use hairbands in such a way... :)
Hairband gangsta :D
-Turbo
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

It's all about the grip....

Grip the knife handle with your middle and ring finger, put your index finger on the notch on the spine of the blade, and understand how cool the McBee is :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:13 am
Evil D wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:02 am
It BEE a little too small for MEE. I would like to see this same design in maybe a Chaparral sized version, exact same style overall just longer.
Hear, hear!

I handled this one at Blade a few years ago. It was a great little knife, but there was barely two fingers worth of grip.

Let's see an XL in the Chap size range, that would be great.
Maybe in an L size... XL would probably be too close to the Techno. I would like to see a true wharncliffe Techno though.

I played with it last night and find that in this grip it works like a stout razor blade. So when used for tasks that I'd usually choose a razor, especially when using just the tip, its actually quite comfortable in comparison.

Examples would be cutting the tape to open a package and cutting out shipping labels etc. Sure you can break down boxes with it but if its gonna be more than a couple I'm picking up a bigger knife.

-Turbo
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:24 am
It's all about the grip....

Grip the knife handle with your middle and ring finger, put your index finger on the notch on the spine of the blade, and understand how cool the McBee is :D
I type slowly...see my above post. :D
-Turbo
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:40 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Evil D wrote:
It BEE a little too small for MEE. I would like to see this same design in maybe a Chaparral sized version, exact same style overall just longer.
Hear, hear!

I handled this one at Blade a few years ago. It was a great little knife, but there was barely two fingers worth of grip.

Maybe in an L size... XL would probably be too close to the Techno. I would like to see a true wharncliffe Techno though.

I played with it last night and find that in this grip it works like a stout razor blade. So when used for tasks that I'd usually choose a razor, especially when using just the tip, its actually quite comfortable in comparison.

Examples would be cutting the tape to open a package and cutting out shipping labels etc. Sure you can break down boxes with it but if its gonna be more than a couple I'm picking up a bigger knife.

My Jester fills the role of this knife. It would be slaughtered by the Jester for pocket time.

Stretch this one, in length only, out to the size of the Chap and it would be fantastic.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
RobDigi

Post by RobDigi »

I like it the way it is.... the only thing I might've done different I would prefer a plain satin or acid washed
good size size pivot set in... on the show side,
and a small pivot screw on the lock side... more like the original killer bee.
I actually like the no jimping on the McBee better than the raw jimping on the killer bee.
and the clip meh idk it is a Spyderco!!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:40 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Evil D wrote:
Hear, hear!

😁👍
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
atv223

Post by atv223 »

I got my McBee today! Wow I really really love this little knife.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

atv223 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:28 pm
I got my McBee today! Wow I really really love this little knife.
I'm really enjoying mine as well. I've carried it (if not as my primary at least as a companion) every day since receiving it and it's such a pleasure to use as a box opener. Having a true wharncliffe blade just the tip gets gunked up with tape glue so its a piece of cake to clean.

...and when it comes to build quality, I think this may be the best built Spyderco I own!
-Turbo