Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mstach07

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by Mstach07 »

I'm also in the blue denim micarta / k390 camp.
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

Burgundy micarta and 3V steel, satin blade...
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:58 pm
Will that Shaman still cut paper after felling that tree? :p
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:01 pm

Made quick work of that tree and still hair poppin sharp! Even sliced up a few poison apples to snack on!

SG89

Post by SG89 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:04 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:01 pm

Made quick work of that tree and still hair poppin sharp! Even sliced up a few poison apples to snack on!

Badass!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Hank,

Thanx for the explanation. I always appreciate all input. I just thought to explain our thinking in this area. We also appreciate your support and thought sharing. That's how we learn. It's sort of Hegelian, but as philosophy minor, I've learned a lot from those deep thinkers. Thesis - antithesis - synthesis. Actually, Eric thinks the same way.

FYI,

I'm working on a new design based on a modified Shaman pattern so I pulled out all of the original drawings. The first drawing of the Shaman was dated December 17, 2014. That can give you an idea of how long I work on some of these creations.

sal
attila

Post by attila »

Since some are posting motivational photos, here's one with a pregnant mantis:

For those still searching for a Crucarta Shaman, don't lose hope and please don't be rude just because you can't find one. It's just a knife.

I have missed out on several limited :spyder: knives and I survived just fine. There have been plenty of reasons like: being at work, being asleep for shift work, spending time with family, or simply forgetting or not knowing about a release date.

I also refuse to pay over MAP, and that's okay too. Life goes on. I still hope that everyone here finds one eventually.
Last edited by attila on Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
sal

Post by sal »

Cool pics you guys. I must admit this is an odd forum.

sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

attila wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:52 pm

I've never seen a pregnant mantis, but a few years ago my Christmas tree had Mantis eggs in it apparently, and the warmth of my house triggered them to hatch. There were baby Mantises EVERYWHERE in my house. It was pretty incredible! :eek:
sal

Post by sal »

Back when I was living in Redding, CA and we were having a very big locust problem, I imported Chinese praying mantis eggs and hatched them every month to deal with the locust in my vegetable garden. Very large bugs. Large enough to catch small birds.

sal
attila

Post by attila »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:59 pm
attila wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:52 pm

I've never seen a pregnant mantis, but a few years ago my Christmas tree had Mantis eggs in it apparently, and the warmth of my house triggered them to hatch. There were baby Mantises EVERYWHERE in my house. It was pretty incredible! :eek:
That sounds simultaneously adorable and a bit troublesome. Wrangling a bunch of mantis hatchlings has got to have been difficult. Hahaha

This little lady was found having trouble climbing my car tire, so I put her back in a tree.
sal wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:21 pm
Back when I was living in Redding, CA and we were having a very big locust problem, I imported Chinese praying mantis eggs and hatched them every month to deal with the locust in my vegetable garden. Very large bugs. Large enough to catch small birds.

sal
Whoa! I've only seen/handled up to about a 4.5" mantis. Catching small birds is on a whole other level.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

Ok admittedly I have had a few beers tonight to celebrate my shipping notification of my shaman, my last post was to advocate a shaman with burgundy scales and 3v steel and wanted to see if it gained any traction and came upon sal saying this thread is odd and then posting pregnant praying mantises being used as pest prevention.....hahhahahaaha just trying to keep up, thanks for everything love to you all!!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Carlito555 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:01 pm
Ok admittedly I have had a few beers tonight to celebrate my shipping notification of my shaman, my last post was to advocate a shaman with burgundy scales and 3v steel and wanted to see if it gained any traction and came upon sal saying this thread is odd and then posting pregnant praying mantises being used as pest prevention.....hahhahahaaha just trying to keep up, thanks for everything love to you all!!

That's why I love this place! And yes, I'm with you on a 3V Micarta Shaman.! 1 million times yes!
Mattysc42

Post by Mattysc42 »

Missing this one has reinforced my realization that it’s better to be on the selling side than the buying side :p . This time next year I hope and plan to have a website running, and an exclusive commissioned. That said, I’m happy for all of you who got one. I’m loving the pics I’m seeing in this thread! :D
BRING ON THE MANIX XL SPRINTS AND EXCLUSIVES! And 10v or K390ify the Golden lineup, please.

Top 5 folders I’ve owned: Serrated Caribbean Leaf, Shaman, Manix XL, ZDP-189/CF Caly 3.5, Native LW.
Top 5 steels I’ve owned: LC200N, K390, CPM S90V, M390, CPM REX45.
Top 3 steels I want more of: M390 class, A11 class (including K390), CPM REX45.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The Shaman is my current favorite in the Spyder line up. I have the s30v, an M4 with custom Micarta scales, s90v carbon fiber, and 4V DLC with Red.....

I didn't bite for the Cru-carta, not likely to go for the Rex-Rose either. Both are amazing, but I've got 3 amazing Shaman and one work horse Shaman already. I'd never say never to picking up another, but it would have to be something truly exceptional.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

sal wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:19 am
Maybe this a bad time, but what do you guys think of a green Micarta Cruwear Shaman, or maybe a green Micarta with another exotic steel? I could argue for a larger quantity.

sal
Sal,

Yes to OD Micarta! And Either Cruwear or K390! Cruwear is my favorite steel so far, but I've been itching for K390! I like the "ranger green" that BBS did with the PM2. The OD micarta that ShephardCC does is outstanding!

Last question, do you cheer for CU? My grandfather and father both graduated from CU Boulder and I love the Buffs! Part of the reason why I love the Golden made Spyders!

Thanks for being awesome!

Hamilton
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

sal wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:50 pm
Hi Hank,

FYI,

I'm working on a new design based on a modified Shaman pattern so I pulled out all of the original drawings. The first drawing of the Shaman was dated December 17, 2014. That can give you an idea of how long I work on some of these creations.

sal
I personally may hope it will be some kind of backlock-Shaman....?!

And maybe the second step towards making the "Native family" the line that offers EACH "familiy member" in both a comp lock and backlock version (like it is already the case with the Lil Native)? So Lil Native, Native, Shaman, Chief?
I still think, this would be a good idea, since these seem to be by far the two most popular Spyderco locktypes (I think the chance that one does NOT like both comp. lock and backlock are very small) and the Native familay a very popular "line".

Even did a poll about this very topic some time ago: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84760
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:27 am
sal wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:50 pm
Hi Hank,

FYI,

sal
I personally may hope it will be some kind of backlock-Shaman....?!

And maybe the second step towards making the "Native family" the line that offers EACH "familiy member" in both a comp lock and backlock version (like it is already the case with the Lil Native)? So Lil Native, Native, Shaman, Chief?
I still think, this would be a good idea, since these seem to be by far the two most popular Spyderco locktypes (I think the chance that one does NOT like both comp. lock and backlock are very small) and the Native familay a very popular "line".

Even did a poll about this very topic some time ago: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84760
Or maybe a shaman fixed blade??? I'm sure a backlock folder would be popular, too, so long as it doesn't lose the contoured scales.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.