Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Philo Beddoe

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Green Micarta/15V?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

sal wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:19 am
Maybe this a bad time, but what do you guys think of a green Micarta Cruwear Shaman, or maybe a green Micarta with another exotic steel? I could argue for a larger quantity.

sal
I’ll post a poll for you. Green would be cool. Blue denim would be my preference. K390/4V/Cruwear would all be desirable I think.
Last edited by mb1 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Cruwear and Micarta are 2 of the most asked for options on this forum. I bet you'd sell a lot of Shamans in this configuration, green, blue, earth tones, ivory micarta
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Is 15V to exoctic?
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

sal wrote:
Maybe this a bad time, but what do you guys think of a green Micarta Cruwear Shaman, or maybe a green Micarta with another exotic steel? I could argue for a larger quantity.

sal
I will probably get booed but I'm more interested in the micarta than the steel. S30V would be fine with me and green micarta would be awesome.
Rpp

Post by Rpp »

Who cares if it’s sold out immediately.
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Green Micarta? My favorite color! Stick with Cruwear or 4v or perhaps 15v. Larger run! Yes!!!!
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

tbdoc4kids wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:04 am
It doesn’t matter if you get the notice. It sells out in seconds, so the notice arrives after they’re gone!
I can vouch I was able to get one based on the GP email, alerts will still be hit or miss based on a variety of things but they are not entirely pointless.
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

sal wrote:

sal
Green would be my 2nd choice after blue denim. ;)
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
mb1

Post by mb1 »

- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

sal wrote:

sal
100% on board, please make it production if possible! If it needs a slight price premium I'm sure the enthusiasts won't mind!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Leader2light

Post by Leader2light »

THESE ARE GONE, AND WE HAVE NO MORE COMING IN. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ALL WHO DID NOT GET ONE.

--riversedgecutlery

I guess all that is left is bladeHQ and Knifecenter?
elduderino04

Post by elduderino04 »

sal wrote:

sal
Absolutely! I think Cruwear with any color micarta would sell like crazy. Just your mentioning the possibility (along with the possibility of a larger quantity) should quell the disappointment people are feeling with how popular this sprint has been. Forgive me if you've said this elsewhere, but is there any possibility of making Cruwear an evergreen option (like S110V or Maxamet)? I imagine the availability of Cruwear versus the others might be holding it back, but it does seem like a near ideal steel choice for a general use knife.

Also, I agree with what others have said about the Shaman naysayers. On initial review of the specs alone, I suppose it could appear underwhelming (if one doesn't understand what an ergonomic coup it is to fully contour the scales), but now that enough people have been using them and reporting back it is clear for many that the Shaman is another instant classic.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

sal wrote:

sal
I think I'd rather have green than the brown.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
attila

Post by attila »

sal wrote:

sal
Thank you for asking.

A high hardness K490 would be spectacular!

Described as twice the toughness of M4 with nearly the same wear resistance at the same hardness.

With 6.5% Cr, it's corrosion resistance will also be considerably better (kinda like CPM Cruwear) especially if using a low temper after cryo.

I've tried to get it from Bohler mills/distributors, but no one will sell reasonable amounts to a small-time hobbyist. I can't use enough to justify them rolling a batch to knife stock thicknesses. Their best offer to me was a $1200 brick of it. Hahaha
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

KnifeCenter just charged my credit card so hopefully I'll get a shipping notice soon ;)
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

For a knife like the Shaman, I would always choose tougher blade steel over something like S110V or Maxamet. Just my opinion, of course.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Tarheelpwr

Post by Tarheelpwr »

Leader2light wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:31 am
THESE ARE GONE, AND WE HAVE NO MORE COMING IN. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ALL WHO DID NOT GET ONE.

--riversedgecutlery

I guess all that is left is bladeHQ and Knifecenter?
Knifecenfer is out. I called and asked. Lady said they had enough for pre-orders, but none left after those.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

sal wrote:

sal
I suspect that green and denim micarta and Cruwear combos would be at least as hot on the market.

OF course some of us will want K390 and micarta too!

Thanks again, Sal, for the incredible knives and sharpening tools!
anycal

Post by anycal »

sal wrote:

sal
Green! 👍🏻
Peter