Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by sal »

As mentioned above, there were so many complaints here on the forum about the Shaman on the first release that we felt the market would not accept the design well. I guess that's changing?

Certainly it is not a plan to disappoint our customers. Frankly I'm surprised and disappointed that some would think so.

sal
Slash

Post by Slash »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:01 am
Slash wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:58 am
I found some...HAHAHA made you look
****, was that cruel?
What the f**k. D*mn is a bad word that auto edits???
Are you 12 years old?? What's the point in this post?? :confused: Profile says your 46...
Lighten up. Can't take a joke? Seriously
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Leader2light,

Welcome to our forum.

There are others in-the-works. Surely you must realize that we do not plan disappointment. It's very difficult to gauge the demand of a new model even after as much research as we can do. Exclusive quantities are chosen by the company contracting the exclusive. They would rather under order than be sitting on inventory. Try to look at a bigger picture.

sal
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

sal wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:06 am
As mentioned above, there were so many complaints here on the forum about the Shaman on the first release that we felt the market would not accept the design well. I guess that's changing?

Certainly it is not a plan to disappoint our customers. Frankly I'm surprised and disappointed that some would think so.

sal
Sal, I think if people would just cool their jets a bit on this knife that reality would set in and they would realize its truly not the end of the world if they don't get one this time around. You guys obviously hit a home run with this model! Everybody wants wants wants and as you said, they should realize it's not your intention to put people out of a chance at getting this model. Heck, you'd like to pad your pockets just like any other business man! You shouldn't have to feel that way, especially in your own home (this forum) you have plenty of great designs out there for everyone to choose from.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

sal wrote:

sal

My only complaint is that the bottom of the blade choil comes into the lock cutout when closed. That causes it to hit my finger when closing the blade. Otherwise I think it's an outstanding design. It could maybe be ground a little thinner behind the edge but I think that about most knives.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

After decades of carrying SS delicas. I found my favorite knives are two of your more recent ones. The Shaman, Para 3 are my tops. Round it out with the dragonfly and salt 2.
DTPrime

Post by DTPrime »

in @ GP
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

In stock @ GP knives..
BLM

Post by BLM »

Philo Beddoe wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:27 am
In stock @ GP knives..
not no more
I missed it
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

OOS @ GP knives..
Leader2light

Post by Leader2light »

Maybe if you guys would try and order the knife yourself, the same way your customers do, you would start to realize why it is frustrating. Just saying.

Something as simple as saying another run will be made(I guess that is a huge no-no), or a very similar run, would help everyone relax. And it may even cut down on all the people looking to scalp/resell the knife, which also makes many people upset.

I have a blacked-out shaman and love it. It's a great design and will probably survive long after I'm gone. It's not like a "need" another, but I want it. Trying to get it is frustrating. That is a fact.

PS GPKnives just send me the email and after I put in my info to buy, it was sold out. Less than 4min after email...
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:15 am
sal wrote:

sal

My only complaint is that the bottom of the blade choil comes into the lock cutout when closed. That causes it to hit my finger when closing the blade. Otherwise I think it's an outstanding design. It could maybe be ground a little thinner behind the edge but I think that about most knives.
Yep, I’ve noticed that same thing D. And I agree.

Sal, you can’t please everyone eh? Only thing worse might be ordering pizza for a large group of people. Keep up the good work Sal.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

GP now makes the THIRD notice from 3 different dealers that I did not receive. :rolleyes: This has definitely become a bad joke. :(

This CruCarta Shaman was made specifically for US enthusiasts, with our input. It does irk me that it seems to be so hard to obtain, and the reason it is hard to come by is even more irritating. I hope the flippers choke on theirs, and Bento Box can get bent. :mad: I can live without it, and I can find other knives to spend my money on, but liked the thought of micarta in this model that I am so fond of. This is the beefy Spyderco I've been waiting on for many years. But my M4 model is good enough I guess.

All said, I would be willing to forget this whole thing if I could get a BLUE DENIM CruCarta Shaman!!! :eek: :cool:
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi DTPrime BLM,

Welcome to our forum.

Hey Evil,

I learned to remove my finger after the drip begins. :p I wanted the longer guard as part of the design. :o

Thanx mb1.

sal
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

It doesn’t matter if you get the notice. It sells out in seconds, so the notice arrives after they’re gone!
BLM

Post by BLM »

sal wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:03 am
Hi DTPrime BLM,

Welcome to our forum.

Hey Evil,

I learned to remove my finger after the drip begins. :p I wanted the longer guard as part of the design. :o

Thanx mb1.

sal

thank you sal
the shaman is my fav spyderco I have the original and the CF one I would love this one it will be a user not a safe queen if I get lucky enough to get one if not other sprints may be a possibility
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

With how well this is selling and how many versions of Cruwear PM2 there were I bet this will follow suit, I still have gotten one either, I too would prefer a blue denim or green micarta though.
sal

Post by sal »

Maybe this a bad time, but what do you guys think of a green Micarta Cruwear Shaman, or maybe a green Micarta with another exotic steel? I could argue for a larger quantity.

sal
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

There definitely were a bunch of early Shaman critics, and in many ways the knife from a purely spec-based perspective seemed underwhelming to some opinionmakers.

You had a bunch of people say it was nothing special (black and s30v, snoooooze)
You had a bunch more people say that it was barely worth it at its previous price point, and that it was an even worse value at the increased price point.

I hope that with enough Shamans now in the market and in the aftermarket, people are realizing that the knife is far more than the sum of its parts, especially in hand and when cutting.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

Green micarta with k390?