A tribute to "Crazy deals @ ......"

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
crazywednesday

A tribute to "Crazy deals @ ......"

Post by crazywednesday »

Well, it was a good run. 204 pages. Too bad it just couldn't stay on the tracks. I loved having all the sales/deals posted in one thread. Maybe after some time there will be a new one started or the old one can be unlocked.

Farewell old friend.
Justin
Mushroom

Re: A tribute to "Crazy deals @ ......"

Post by Mushroom »

Im glad you made this thread... I was wondering how I could express how shocked I was to see it get closed after 12 years! :(

Without getting into too much of it here, the reasoning for closing it was really unfortunate.

Farewell to a great thread that provided Spydie fans with thousands and thousands of dollars worth of savings over the years! Hopefully a similar thread can be reborn in its honor. :spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

It certainly was unfortunate.

I also hope to see a new "deals" thread soon. It was one of my favorite threads!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Is this why we can’t have nice things?
Holy smokes!?! Closed the crazy deal thread!?!?
Ok, that one went off the rails... we should open a new one with “Only deals posted”
Sad. That thread got me some great deals and I passed on the ones that I got too.
Just this week saw that rivers edge was giving away the stainless kopa. Already have 2 for projects this winter but maybe wanted a few more.
It’s a sad day friends.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Please see my post at the end of the original thread and look for the new thread to continue (on the right track of course). Closing it wasn't an easy decision. Certainly, not one that I took lightly.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:32 pm
Please see my post at the end of the original thread and look for the new thread to continue (on the right track of course). Closing it wasn't an easy decision. Certainly, not one that I took lightly.

Kristi
Thank you Kristi.
Justin
SG89

Post by SG89 »

That thread was fun but it sure cost me a lot of money.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
vivi

Post by vivi »

Sorry for contributing to that final derailment.

That thread had a good run, but it'll be nice having one that, for now, is full of up to date information.
:unicorn
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Somebody just won a one way ticket onto my ignore list.

I come here to discuss knives and Spyderco. I do not come here to be given a history lesson I already received over 25 years ago. I am no fan of the confederate flag either but if I wanted to discuss it’s use in modern culture this is not the place I would come to do it. Race and politics are interwoven and and politics doesn’t belong here.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:54 am

I come here to discuss knives and Spyderco. I do not come here to be given a history lesson I already received over 25 years ago. I am no fan of the confederate flag either but if I wanted to discuss it’s use in modern culture this is not the place I would come to do it. Race and politics are interwoven and and politics doesn’t belong here.
I was surprised that became part of the discussion in that thread, and he wouldn't let up. A real shame considering the history of that thread. The OP would be proud to know it lasted that long!

It's a real shame that said user your referring to already had his post edited in the new thread. Unbelievable.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

I apologize for my contribution to that thread's demise. I was tired of running from the stench of political activism of ALL types, only to find it tainting one of my happy places. That's a pitiful excuse though. I should have kept my mouth shut.
bearfacedkiller

^

I agree though. If I want political commentary I can get it on 99% of the internet. I am actually a geek when it comes to history, current events and politics and I have my own strong beliefs but this forum is where I come to unplug and get away from it all. This is a fun place to share an obscure hobby and I come here for enjoyment.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:54 am

So, you came here to discuss knives, but it's ok for you to use this thread to offer your negative opinion of what, up until recently, was considered by most (and is still considered by many) to be the iconic symbol of the American South?
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

What is going on in this forum lately?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Sorry Paul, I usually avoid posting any opinions on stuff like that. My point wasn’t even about that and i don’t really want to discuss the flag. That forumite felt as though he was being censored for his opinion and my point was that I was simply asking him not to discuss politics. In the process of clarifying that I shared an opinion that I shouldn’t have.
-Darby
PStone

Post by PStone »

I am sorry for my involvement in the continued derailment of crazy sierra. That thread existed long before I came here, and I’m upset that it had to be closed. Perhaps had I not posted, it would’ve gotten back on track and remained active. But all I did I think was add fuel by giving an opportunity to continue the off topic bickering. I will be more mindful of the original topic in my future posts. Thank you everyone for your contributions to the fallen thread, and I truly hope I will be here to see Crazy2 can beat Sierra’s twelve year run. :spyder:
vivi

Post by vivi »

I still think its funny how that specific issue bothers him more than a certain country currently trying to one up 1930's germany. That country does business with every knife shop I know of.

Weird hill to die on.
:unicorn
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I think that the thing that bothered me was that even after a "hey, that's not really appropriate here" he continued to try to bait people into arguing by throwing up obvious straw men. His arguments were so childish and simple that they would be quite easily dismantled, but the grown ups all refrained from doing so.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Lorelei wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:08 am
I apologize for my contribution to that thread's demise. I was tired of running from the stench of political activism of ALL types, only to find it tainting one of my happy places. That's a pitiful excuse though. I should have kept my mouth shut.
I thought your post was both witty and an appropriate response. You were criticizing his choice of off-topic content, rather than engaging in the argument he was trying to bait people into.