P4 FRN aftermarket clip help

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mystery Flavor

P4 FRN aftermarket clip help

Post by Mystery Flavor »

Could anyone who has the new police 4 lightweight version + either of the "Long" Lynch or MXG deep carry clips help me out?

Specifically I wonder about the flat oval in the center of the FRN handles and if either of these 2 aftermarket clips make contact with that oval area any better than the standard spyderco clip does? A description or photo of how those clips sit against the handle and touch the flat FRN oval would be super helpful. My hope is that one of these aftermarket clips will reach slightly longer where it makes contact.

As it comes from spyderco their clip only barely makes contact with the oval. Basically the pinch of the clip sits on the edge of the flat oval in the FRN. This can cause some catching issues on some clothes because the bi-directional texture also seems to get pinched by the clip a bit.
marty_bill_

Re: P4 FRN aftermarket clip help

Post by marty_bill_ »

Here's a MXG
20191018_155740-1440x1920.jpg
Mystery Flavor

Post by Mystery Flavor »

marty_bill_ wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:58 pm
Here's a MXG 20191018_155740-1440x1920.jpg
Thanks, but I'm looking to see what it would look like with the "long" version of the MXG or Lynch clips. Not the short clips.

How do you find that short one working on the police? I would guess it's sort of rough on clothes or gets a bit caught up on material as you pull it from the pocket?
marty_bill_

Post by marty_bill_ »

Mystery Flavor wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:14 pm
marty_bill_ wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:58 pm
Here's a MXG 20191018_155740-1440x1920.jpg
Thanks, but I'm looking to see what it would look like with the "long" version of the MXG or Lynch clips. Not the short clips.

How do you find that short one working on the police? I would guess it's sort of rough on clothes or gets a bit caught up on material as you pull it from the pocket?
I just put it on for the picture. But I do use the long machined clip Item# 103021. Its awesome, but not what I think you're looking for.
Pointy britches

Post by Pointy britches »

Just picked this guy up a few days ago, had the clip on my delica and wanted to try it out. Works wonderfully and IMO improves the already excellent ergos. A real winner in my book FWIW!
Mystery Flavor

Post by Mystery Flavor »

Pointy britches wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:43 pm
Just picked this guy up a few days ago, had the clip on my delica and wanted to try it out. Works wonderfully and IMO improves the already excellent ergos. A real winner in my book FWIW!
Thank you for the photo it really helps! That looks great.

From looking at other photos the Lynch long clip seems to be a little bit longer than the MXG and it also appears like it might "pinch" the handle a few mm farther down, which I think could be better for the police 4 lightweight. But the MXG seems to have slightly better ergos than the lynch.

If anyone else has other aftermarket clips on their police 4 I'd be curious to see em.