Is the Bow River sold out?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomAiello

Is the Bow River sold out?

Post by TomAiello »

I can't find another one in stock anywhere. Has the first run been totally sold out now?

Anyone know?
JuPaul

Re: Is the Bow River sold out?

Post by JuPaul »

I looked for a second one at one point to give as a gift and couldn't find it in stock. The good news is that, given its popularity, we might see some sprint versions!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

It's a regular production model, so there will eventually be more available again. Now I guess the real question is when?

Sorry Tom, I don't have any leads to any in stock but am also looking forward scooping another one!

:spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I can see this being like the Kapara, Smock and Ikuchi...production models that sell out very quickly as it's a new model to Spyderco, just like the others listed. These knives are flying off the shelves once in stock.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Since this is regular production it will be available again. My question is, how are the trade sanctions affecting Spyderco?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Looks like Sooner State Knives has them.

If you absolutely can't find one anywhere let me know. I might be able to help you out
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

I've been thinking about picking one of these up. It's unfortunate the sheath is right-handed only, but for the price I can deal with that. I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews on these. $32.50 is cheap for a nice fixed blade.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:52 pm
Since this is regular production it will be available again. My question is, how are the trade sanctions affecting Spyderco?
I've wondered the same thing, especially since steel has been a central tariff item.
- Julia

TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:18 pm
Looks like Sooner State Knives has them.
Thanks!

I grabbed one from Sooner State.
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:32 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:52 pm
I've wondered the same thing, especially since steel has been a central tariff item.
And last time I read the news there was also something with US-EU new tariffs that among other goods mentioned steel.
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:36 pm
I looked for a second one at one point to give as a gift and couldn't find it in stock. The good news is that, given its popularity, we might see some sprint versions!

A sprint coming out of China? I don't think that has ever happened before, so I really doubt we'll see one with the Bow River unless it gets moved to another country. But then the price will go way up.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

BornIn1500 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:14 am
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:36 pm

A sprint coming out of China? I don't think that has ever happened before, so I really doubt we'll see one with the Bow River unless it gets moved to another country. But then the price will go way up.

Perhaps not, but there have been some Exclusives of the Tenacious family and Exclusives are generally around the same run size as Sprint Runs, so a Bow River Sprint with a different handle color might be feasible if they're made by that same maker.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

The Deacon wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 am
a Bow River Sprint with a different handle color might be feasible if they're made by that same maker.

Yea I can see a different handle color happening. I was referring more to a sprint with a different steel not happening.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

BornIn1500 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:30 am
The Deacon wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 am
a Bow River Sprint with a different handle color might be feasible if they're made by that same maker.

Yea I can see a different handle color happening. I was referring more to a sprint with a different steel not happening.
Yea, good points. All the tenacious exclusives still have the same steel but different scales. I think the bow river was designed to hit a low price point, too, so a sprint steel probably won't happen. But different scales could. And given the model's popularity, maybe we see a higher end version out of Taiwan. It'd be nice to get something upgraded but still relatively affordable. Basically, I just want more Phil Wilson fixed blades.
- Julia