Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mb1

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by mb1 »

I love denim micarta. Why is it so hard to find?

The brown is nice too. What a chunk of knife. :spyder:

- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
bts327

Post by bts327 »

On back order everywhere, I have a feeling these are all gone. The Spyderco rep I spoke with says they have all been shipped out and most likely oversold. They mentioned something about maybe making more, but that seems unlikely with the sprint run number limitation. And another cruwear slips through my fingers... I'm still new to Spyderco and collecting these sprints, so maybe next time! Quite frankly it's a whole lot of fun trying to find these sprint runs.

As someone new to this game, what's the best way to find out about pre-orders, release dates, SFO retail sales, etc?
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

Did the 2nd wave ship out from Spyderco yet?
bts327

Post by bts327 »

I was told by a Spyderco sales rep that they were ALL shipped out last week, for whatever that's worth.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Last Wednesday Sal said they had only been shipped to CC and premiers... Ebay would be absolutely flooded with these if they had all been shipped out already
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:54 am
Last Wednesday Sal said they had only been shipped to CC and premiers... Ebay would be absolutely flooded with these if they had all been shipped out already
Thank you! I was literally just scrolling through this mess of a thread to try and find Sal's post regarding this. People need to stop assuming and panicking like their life is over without this Cruwear Shaman :rolleyes:
Last edited by TkoK83Spy on Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:

+1! Only a handful have been flipped on the bay and none that I have seen on bladeforums. Even collectors would be tempted to flip theirs for $350, so this right here tells you very few have made it in to the hands of the end users. I'm guessing that maybe 100 non-collector clubs knives have been sold, if that.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:09 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:

+1! Only a handful have been flipped on the bay and none that I have seen on bladeforums. Even collectors would be tempted to flip theirs for $350, so this right here tells you very few have made it in to the hands of the end users. I'm guessing that maybe 100 non-collector clubs knives have been sold, if that.
Yeah I've been watching pretty closely and there's no way these are sold out. I know a few dealers did pre-orders but several didn't. So I agree, these haven't even dropped yet
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

Thanks for supporting the model and getting the base version everyone! Good job.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

GiftedMisfit wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:19 am
Thanks for supporting the model and getting the base version everyone! Good job.
Carrying that base version right now. Looking forward to carrying the Cruwear version someday soon!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I have one in the mail due to arrive tomorrow but I've still been stalking websites and none of the ones I follow have had it available and all still say coming soon.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I had been hoping to make this my first Shaman but I don't think that's going to happen, unless I sell some of the knives I already have.

Looks very nicely done though!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

bts327 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:34 am
As someone new to this game, what's the best way to find out about pre-orders, release dates, SFO retail sales, etc?
IMO, best way to keep up to date is to watch the threads on this forum. If you learn that a dealer is taking pre-orders for an upcoming sprint I would get in line early. If it's a high demand item I probably wouldn't even bother if I didn't get my pre-order in within the first 6 hours. If you really want to make sure you get one, regardless of when you get in line, when the item starts to drop at various dealers I would do my best to place an order with wherever you can find one. Depending on who you place your pre-order with you can always call and cancel the order once you have the first one in hand.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Fynnister

Post by Fynnister »

mb1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:17 am
^^THIS is not helping me one bit LOL
Fynnister

Post by Fynnister »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:01 am
Thank you! I was literally just scrolling through this mess of a thread to try and find Sal's post regarding this. People need to stop assuming and panicking like their life is over without this Cruwear Shaman :rolleyes:
Seeing at how sprint runs typically go for the non collector, I believe the assumption is reasonable - but you're other comment is combative :rolleyes:
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

BladeHQ hasn't gotten theirs yet - a day a go, someone on Instagram asked about them and their reply was when they get them, they'll go live - there's a sliver or hope
Monty

Post by Monty »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:17 pm
SpyderPhreak wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:07 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:57 pm
Are you guys missing the one listed for $559.99? $399.95 is a deal! It is the cheapest one currently available in the world! :p
Stupid and sickening. Boo! :mad:

Over on BladeForums, Sal said:
Sal Glesser wrote:They are not shipping yet. We have only shipped to collectors and Premieres.

sal
Just as an FYI. Makes me think the DLT cart opening up earlier was perhaps a glitch? Hope so.

My understanding is that some dealers got small shipments (<10 knives) early as part of the premier program. They will get larger shipments later. The people who were in the right place at the right time at DLT today probably did in fact get one of these early release knives. I already have mine in hand that I ordered from BladeOps on Tuesday. They only had 2 in stock when I stumbled upon the add to cart button after refreshing it a few minutes earlier when they were not in stock.

I've said before, but my guess is that way less than 100 have been sold at US Dealers so far, but some absolutely have been sold and shipped. I have zero clue how many were already sold at the SFO or at overseas dealers.

So basically, my thinking is that yes, you MAY get lucky this week if a premier dealer posts the few early release knives they received for sale (like DLT, Knifeworks, BladeOps, SMK, St Nicks, etc already have), but don't get frustrated yet because the bulk of this release has not been shipped.
This needs a daily bump.
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

I just received mine and oh boy! This is such a wonderful knife! Lots of firsts for me!
1. First Shaman
2. First Cruwear knife
3. First folder with Micarta (I have a fixed blade)
Fit and finish is superb, certainly not disappointed with what I got for my money. It ticks all the boxes for me and I’m looking forward to using it. Thanks Sal for a wonderful creation!
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bts327

Post by bts327 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:32 am
bts327 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:34 am
IMO, best way to keep up to date is to watch the threads on this forum. If you learn that a dealer is taking pre-orders for an upcoming sprint I would get in line early. If it's a high demand item I probably wouldn't even bother if I didn't get my pre-order in within the first 6 hours. If you really want to make sure you get one, regardless of when you get in line, when the item starts to drop at various dealers I would do my best to place an order with wherever you can find one. Depending on who you place your pre-order with you can always call and cancel the order once you have the first one in hand.
Thanks for the tips!

It's good to hear that these haven't made it to dealers yet. If I'm lucky/diligent enough to get one of these, great. If I don't get one, well that's cool to. I'm just happy to be a small part of this great big spyderco experience. And, oh yeah, what a great looking knife! :)