Bento Box Something Something....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
blues

Re: Bento Box Something Something....

Post by blues »

Looks like there'll be plenty of joy in Mudville today.

(I'll have to wait a few days for waiting until Saturday to place my order.)
- Retired from the chase -
FK

Post by FK »

Wow,,, arrived today,,, ordered Fri,,, CA to CT already.

Usual excellent fit and finish from Golden.

Regards,
FK
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

St Nick's does an exclusive- gone in 4 minutes and lots of angry forumites - bbs does one, and charges a few bucks more and it sits for a bit... Those combo deals are actually a decent value
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

GarageBoy wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:44 pm
St Nick's does an exclusive- gone in 4 minutes and lots of angry forumites - bbs does one, and charges a few bucks more and it sits for a bit... Those combo deals are actually a decent value
Yes they are, and that's one thing that most other retailers don't do. Additionally, if one doesn't see a combo that one likes, one just MIGHT be able to ask nicely and maybe BBS would be willing to indulge one by making a "custom combo." One isn't trying to speak on behalf of BBS, but one may have had excellent service from them in the past, and know of persons other than oneself getting the same treatment.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:55 pm
GarageBoy wrote:
Yes they are, and that's one thing that most other retailers don't do. Additionally, if one doesn't see a combo that one likes, one just MIGHT be able to ask nicely and maybe BBS would be willing to indulge one by making a "custom combo." One isn't trying to speak on behalf of BBS, but one may have had excellent service from them in the past, and know of persons other than oneself getting the same treatment.
I actually asked BBS if I could do that with this exclusive, and was told (very nicely) that they couldn't do custom combos now. Maybe I'm not a VIP customer. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
GarageBoy wrote:
I actually asked BBS if I could do that with this exclusive, and was told (very nicely) that they couldn't do custom combos now. Maybe I'm not a VIP customer. ;)
Hmm, interesting. Maybe it's something they recently decided against, or maybe it's just for this exclusive etc... But, as one has observed, they HAVE done it in the past (even this year), so maybe it'll be something they'll be able to return to at some point. But don't worry, from what I have seen they treat anybody who is willing to spend money like a VIP, so I'm sure it's not just you (or one lol) :cool:
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:06 pm
JuPaul wrote:
JonLeBlanc wrote:
GarageBoy wrote:
Hmm, interesting. Maybe it's something they recently decided against, or maybe it's just for this exclusive etc... But, as one has observed, they HAVE done it in the past (even this year), so maybe it'll be something they'll be able to return to at some point. But don't worry, from what I have seen they treat anybody who is willing to spend money like a VIP, so I'm sure it's not just you (or one lol) :cool:
I'm not complaining, for sure. I've never had a bad customer service experience with BBS, and I've bought from them before and will again. If anything, I'm glad they said no this time - it saved me from spending even more money!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:32 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:06 pm
JuPaul wrote:
JonLeBlanc wrote:

I'm not complaining, for sure. I've never had a bad customer service experience with BBS, and I've bought from them before and will again. If anything, I'm glad they said no this time - it saved me from spending even more money!
That's good man, I hope you snag one eventually :cool:
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
vgex

Post by vgex »

cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Uhhggg!!! That picture made me wet my pants!!!! K390 incoming :-) along with a Sage 5.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

I'm trying my best not to buy this hoping to hear something firm about a Para 3 with the same configuration.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

DLC would by poison I think. Haven't had K390 with DLC
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Mstach07

Post by Mstach07 »

Why do the pivot screws in all the pics of the k390 model look like they are protruding from the g10? Thinner slab of g10?
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

cycleguy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:41 am
Uhhggg!!! That picture made me wet my pants!!!! K390 incoming :-) along with a Sage 5.

CG
It's a pretty great picture!
blues

Post by blues »

It really is a great picture. The only one I'm missing is the 20CV but its composition is close enough to 204P that I don't really mind. (Too much.)
- Retired from the chase -
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Mstach07 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 pm
Why do the pivot screws in all the pics of the k390 model look like they are protruding from the g10? Thinner slab of g10?
Good question I'd say production tolerances. Noticed this on the smooth g10 just assumed it was because those scales were thinner from the sanding
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
sok

Post by sok »

Lots of good looking knives on this page.

I finally used this K390 enough to notice a diminishing sharpness on the edge. I thought I would try the white sharpmaker stones to try and clean it back up. The white stones didn't even phase this stuff. I moved to the brown stones and was able to quickly get that hair popping sharpness back. Hopefully, BBS will still have this one in stock a month or so from now. If so, I may pick up another.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

sok wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:15 pm
Lots of good looking knives on this page.

I finally used this K390 enough to notice a diminishing sharpness on the edge. I thought I would try the white sharpmaker stones to try and clean it back up. The white stones didn't even phase this stuff. I moved to the brown stones and was able to quickly get that hair popping sharpness back. Hopefully, BBS will still have this one in stock a month or so from now. If so, I may pick up another.
I'm hoping for one at the seconds sale
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Mstach07 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:32 pm
Mine are flush