Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Hatchet 7419

Re: Shaman Cru-Wear Sprint Run release ?

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

$400 on eBay is alil crazy
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

It sucks that this thread got sidetracked into a flipper tirade, however, it seems it would be pretty hard not to talk about that part of the "community" on this release. :rolleyes:

I'm personally hoping to see the main online dealers at least limiting it to one per household, so it makes it harder for the scumbags to get more than a few.

If I get my hands on one, you can bet I will be using it, immediately and hard! :) No safe queens here, lol! (Well, maybe with the exception of some of my Busse multiples meant to be handed down to my kiddos. ;) )
Hatchet 7419 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:43 pm
Tar and feathers!!! :mad: THAT is exactly the kind of bull I won't tolerate. :rolleyes:
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Are you guys missing the one listed for $559.99? $399.95 is a deal! It is the cheapest one currently available in the world! :p
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:57 pm
Are you guys missing the one listed for $559.99? $399.95 is a deal! It is the cheapest one currently available in the world! :p
Stupid and sickening. Boo! :mad:

Over on BladeForums, Sal said:
Sal Glesser wrote:They are not shipping yet. We have only shipped to collectors and Premieres.

sal
Just as an FYI. Makes me think the DLT cart opening up earlier was perhaps a glitch? Hope so.

TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Wow... there's so much going on in this thread it's a little difficult to read through. I do believe this thread has been hi-jacked, a few people have crossed some lines that I know they know better than to do. The discussion of flippers is one that comes up a couple of times a year (or so). It's a tough issue and there is NO easy answer. Just like always, we're listening. It's a discussion that comes up internally with even more frequency.

We absolutely encourage the discussion, and we are grateful for the passion. It's a tough discussion, but everyone here should be mature enough to handle it without making it personal (who cares how old anyone is - that is irrelevant and never should have come up, even as a joke). I don't want to close this thread, but I will if y'all continue down the path of making things personal. We expect better.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:07 pm
steelcity16 wrote:

Sal Glesser wrote:They are not shipping yet. We have only shipped to collectors and Premieres.

sal
Just as an FYI. Makes me think the DLT cart opening up earlier was perhaps a glitch? Hope so.

My understanding is that some dealers got small shipments (<10 knives) early as part of the premier program. They will get larger shipments later. The people who were in the right place at the right time at DLT today probably did in fact get one of these early release knives. I already have mine in hand that I ordered from BladeOps on Tuesday. They only had 2 in stock when I stumbled upon the add to cart button after refreshing it a few minutes earlier when they were not in stock.

I've said before, but my guess is that way less than 100 have been sold at US Dealers so far, but some absolutely have been sold and shipped. I have zero clue how many were already sold at the SFO or at overseas dealers.

So basically, my thinking is that yes, you MAY get lucky this week if a premier dealer posts the few early release knives they received for sale (like DLT, Knifeworks, BladeOps, SMK, St Nicks, etc already have), but don't get frustrated yet because the bulk of this release has not been shipped.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:17 pm
SpyderPhreak wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:07 pm
steelcity16 wrote:

sal

My understanding is that some dealers got small shipments (<10 knives) early as part of the premier program. They will get larger shipments later. The people who were in the right place at the right time at DLT today probably did in fact get one of these early release knives. I already have mine in hand that I ordered from BladeOps on Tuesday. They only had 2 in stock when I stumbled upon the add to cart button after refreshing it a few minutes earlier when they were not in stock.

I've said before, but my guess is that way less than 100 have been sold at US Dealers so far, but some absolutely have been sold and shipped. I have zero clue how many were already sold at the SFO or at overseas dealers.

So basically, my thinking is that yes, you MAY get lucky this week if a premier dealer posts the few early release knives they received for sale (like DLT, Knifeworks, BladeOps, SMK, St Nicks, etc already have), but don't get frustrated yet because the bulk of this release has not been shipped.
I'm going with, it was a glitch. Else I might cry that I missed out in that short ~60 seconds or so. :(

SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Last edited by SLOSpyder on Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PineChaos

Post by PineChaos »

steelcity16 wrote:
My understanding is that some dealers got small shipments (<10 knives) early as part of the premier program.
You could repeat this 500 times and still nobody will listen :D
jdw

Post by jdw »

PineChaos wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:26 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
My understanding is that some dealers got small shipments (<10 knives) early as part of the premier program.
You could repeat this 500 times and still nobody will listen :D
Well, that would be 500 more knives that nobody could buy.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Or the fact that Sal himself said no dealers have them yet. Only the collectors and premiers. This thread is an absolute mess. So many people in a panic, misinformation flying around everywhere. It's a knife guys, it's not life or death. Settle down. This has become the most annoying thread I've ever seen on this forum and wish Kristi would have closed it.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
zippifish

Post by zippifish »

Hatchet 7419 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:43 pm
You know the old saying there is a sucker born every day.
jdw

Post by jdw »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:31 pm
Or the fact that Sal himself said no dealers have them yet. Only the collectors and premiers. This thread is an absolute mess. So many people in a panic, misinformation flying around everywhere. It's a knife guys, it's not life or death. Settle down. This has become the most annoying thread I've ever seen on this forum and wish Kristi would have closed it.
Nope. I have participated in worse threads. I think part of the problem is the Spyderco app. I had no idea in the past what a sprint run is or if I was participating. I went to the shop that carried the Spyderco brand and bought what they had. We are now bombarded by media and social cues and I am not immune. We now think that we have an "in" , when it is just a marketing gimmick.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
BG-ThatsMe

Post by BG-ThatsMe »

I wonder if the leadership team has considered Spyderco making the reveal announcement in concert with a specific time and day that it will be available at all customer purchase channels. That is really easy to say, and very difficult to do.

Not much different than when a certain tech company releases the latest and greatest phone every September.
Slash

Post by Slash »

So, went right to the last page and didn't read whatever is going on here. I did get an email from a dealer that supposedly had them in stock. Problem is email was dated 2 days ago as I don't check every day. Needless to say it's not there anymore.
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

I'm glad I have the normal s30v version. Its beautiful as is. More knife then I need presumably. If the timing were better I'd go for it. All this silliness aside, good luck.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

People that sign up for email notifications are set up for failure. Those emails are never sent immediately once a knife is released. Chances are extremely slim you'll ever get one of these because you signed up for it...think of how many hundreds of other people did the same thing as you, they generally take 15-30 minutes for those emails to send. This knife will sell out in less than 5 minutes no matter who the distributor is.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:19 pm
People that sign up for email notifications are set up for failure. Those emails are never sent immediately once a knife is released. Chances are extremely slim you'll ever get one of these because you signed up for it...think of how many hundreds of other people did the same thing as you, they generally take 15-30 minutes for those emails to send. This knife will sell out in less than 5 minutes no matter who the distributor is.
Absolutely agreed, this has been demonstrated with previous sprints.

For now, my user M4 Shaman is keeping me company. :spyder:
IMG_4478.jpg

Rutger

Post by Rutger »

This topic needs some pics. The Shaman just arrived here:

This micarta looks sweeet! And once it will take some patina it will only get better i think.
Knife action is drop shutting smooth out of the box and perfect centering. This thing is a gem.
sal

Post by sal »

BG-ThatsMe wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:20 pm
I wonder if the leadership team has considered Spyderco making the reveal announcement in concert with a specific time and day that it will be available at all customer purchase channels. That is really easy to say, and very difficult to do.

Not much different than when a certain tech company releases the latest and greatest phone every September.
Hi BG-ThatsMe,

Welcome to our forum.

We don'e have that information when we print the reveal. Also, we release 20-40 new models per year. Not like making one new phone.

sal