How many BMs

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
KBR

Post by KBR »

Right now, I just have one, a 530. I used to have a 806D2, as well, but I traded it off for another Military. :D
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Mini Stryker, its the one that turned me to the Delica. Far beter cutting tool that is.
fret

Post by fret »

I don't own one and I don't think I've ever seen one? Would this BM 42 make a good "Beater"?
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Slvgx wrote:I had a 806D2 but I traded it about a month ago for a Spyderco. :cool:
KBR wrote:...I used to have a 806D2, as well, but I traded it off for another Military. :D
Hmmm... the beginning of a trend among :spyder: lovers. Couldn't get use to the elliptical Spydie hole :confused: . Well, I'm going to hold onto my 806 for a while yet since I just purchased the diamond triangles for my Sharpmaker so that I could sharpen the darn thing myself :D .
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

fret wrote:I don't own one and I don't think I've ever seen one? Would this BM 42 make a good "Beater"?
It's a sturdy and well built balisong and both the blade pivots and stop pins are screw construction, so I would imagine it can be rebuilt if you do wear it out flipping it. Blade is over 4" making carry in a lot of areas illegal, or at least problematic.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
JDEE

Post by JDEE »

I just bought my first Benchmade Folder and my first Tanto blade in one go - a Griptillian 553. Too early to comment. But, I can commenton the BM140 Nimravus in 154cm and it is a great knife.
Jdee
Have a Knife Day
rusticforge.com/knives Australia
Concord_Bob

Post by Concord_Bob »

I have a Nimravus and Nimravus Cub. Best fixed blades that I have ever owned.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i have an older AFCK with a linerlock and a spyderhole... aka, the "bizarro spydie."

also have a 921S osborne... recently gained in trade for coffee... :D ;)

used to have a strangely-sized boguszewski i bought for $60... last month, i converted it into a manix, a numbered atlantic salt, AND a leatherman squirt. (and let me tell you... NOTHING beats the feeling of turning a benchmade into a couple spydies!)
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

Probably Have Around 10 Bm Laying Around From Emerson Cq7 Collabaratives To Fixed Blades Way To Many To List. Most Are Good Knives, A Couple Are Beaters, Some Are Safe Queens.
dialex

Post by dialex »

None so far, though some of their models look interesting.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

Well now I only have 1 Benchmade.

I have a 905 Mini-Stryker that is at the BM Factory getting repaired.
I just traded my 880BT for a Spyderco Centofante III.

I really must say that I need to get an Axis lock BM though. I hear they are the stuff :)

Cheers,
FoM
Colossians 3:1-17 - rules to live by.
KeithM

Post by KeithM »

710HS
551 Grip
556 Mini Grip
Ltd. Ed. Big Spender in ti/D2

I don't use the Grips much and may let them go eventually.
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

I just got my 555 Mini Grip today. 2 things I'm not wild about. 1 - my fat thumb doesn't fit into that beveled oblong shaped hole as well as it does on the :spyder: 14mm round hole, it keeps slipping over the hole when I try to open it and 2 - no place for my pinky finger to rest on the grip like on my Spydies, there's a finger shelf on those for it to rest on.

I do like the Axis lock a lot and quality seems to be up there. Haven't used it yet though
braundc

Post by braundc »

Ummm let's see.

BM42 t-latch, BM42s t-latch, BM42c t-latch, BM42a t-latch, BM42 latchless custom w/bead blasted handles polished blade and aftermarket pivot hardware. oh, and a custom leather quick draw sheath. ok, ok. a couple of em, but they fit all the 4X models. where was I? um a BM41ss, BM42ss, BM42ssc, mint BM44, 44s, 45, and 48 w/hidden pins + SS handles. A BM47a and BM47. Some Bastard stole my only BM46b w/custom sheath from my truck along with several other knives I care not to talk about. :( Original BM35, and the forum limited remake w/torx pivots. Oh ya, 2 of those. BM31 modified w/bead blasting and polishing. prototype BM31, prototype BM40 trainer. BM samson weehawk custom bali-song, Not including the pre-benchmade stuff from Pacific Cutlery Co. {PCC} or Bali-Song Inc. mini stryker auto, BM2550, some BM fixed blade skinner I forgot the name of. an axis lock folder my brother gave me I do not know the name of either. Just picked up another BM42 at the OKCA show in Oregon a couple weeks ago. It has a spring latch, modified by Ike, i think he took a torch to the Ti handles to get the really cool rainbow pattern. He also bead blasted the blade and ground finger grooves on the inside of the bite handle for better grip. EXCELLENT FIND. Thanks Ike, and Duane from EDC for that one. I'll try and list the rest after work today. Wait till you folks see my double edged spyderfly w/damascus blade steel and polished handles. Coming soon.
Unearth

Post by Unearth »

I have only 1 but many more should follow

Benhcmade 705BT-04

Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

As of Today I have 4 Benchmade's and 0 (Zero) Spyderco's. Unless things change for the better it will stay that way.

1 Benchmade 722BT
1 Benchmade 905 Mini-Stryker
1 Benchmade 550OD Griptilian
1 Benchmade Mini-Ambush
Colossians 3:1-17 - rules to live by.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

My first benchmade was an Emerson design 975, then I got a large boguszewski Spike model, a 3 inch bali, and a Mini Reflex. My last BM was the AFCK. Good design, but the quality on that piece was dismal, cracked spacer, chamfered thumb hole, fat edge grinds. The minute I learned how to sharpen a knife, is when I jumped ship. The AFCK did put me onto a Spyderco Military, and I never looked back. Something about that hole in the blade :D .The edge geometry in all of my BMs was simply not what I wanted in a knife. I still think they make nice 'looking' designs, but Spydies are better users.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
cdf

Post by cdf »

I have aprox 35 Benchmades , and about 9 Spidies . I also have 5 Microtechs , and 4 CRK's . Each company has its own strengths and weaknesses . If I were to refine it down to only two companies it would be Strider and Chris Reeves .
JHanna

Post by JHanna »

556 Mini-Grip (my first Benchmade)
940 CFD2 (my favorite Benchmade)
705-04 (my newest Benchmade)

Jim
JDEE

Now I Will Have 2

Post by JDEE »

I have ordered a Benchmade Snody Activator to add to my Benchmade collection therefore doubling it in size. As I said in my previous post I already have a BM553.
Jdee
Have a Knife Day
rusticforge.com/knives Australia