Golden, CO made Wish List?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Monty

Re: Golden, CO made Wish List?

Post by Monty »

for myself:
1. combo edge Shaman, with DLC or H1/LC200n
2. a fully Serrated Salt Shaman if I can't get #1
3. Micarta scaled Native
4. Pygmy Warrior in H1/LC200N

For the ideal gift to friends and family:
1. Smooth brown linerless G-10 Native with a polished blade, brown micarta would work too
1.5 Same as #1 but in the Lil Native lockback
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:24 am
Dodo...

Oh, also I would love to see a SuperHawk 2 made in Golden. I'm tempted to pick one up just for the comp lock.
Oh yes!!! Add me to that list immediately!! But please!!!??? and I really mean it too>> I want the SUPERHAWK to be offered in SE this next time around.
Because no Hawkbill blade should be without teeth. Every Hawkbill made should be offered in Spyderedge :cool:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Manix LW in CRUWEAR with a new color of translucent FRCP. CQI to screw construction would be a bonus.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

A "Lil' Manix" with a CBBL would be awesome, around the size of the Native. My wishlist would be as follows in order of priority:

1. JANISONG!
2. Lil' Manix/Manix Jr.
3. More kitchen knives
4. Something "dressy" like the Chaparral, Sage, etc.

Save the fluted carbon Native, I can't think of anything from Golden that REALLY looks good with a suit. I usually use a Lil' Native for that duty. And the Janisong taunts me every time I see it in the catalog and know we can't enjoy it here in the US.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:01 am
Manix LW in CRUWEAR with a new color of translucent FRCP. CQI to screw construction would be a bonus.
Yes, I would love to see screw construction Manix LWs.
Likes FRN
sal wrote:
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Slip Joint Lil Native .... !

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm still not giving up on a GOLDEN, CO made Hawkbill. To me it would be more than proper being that the Harpy has become so iconic in the permanent line up of long time great models.

I would also welcome about any model that had previously not been done in SE to having it available the next time around with teeth.

Also let's not forget some of the original Golden Made models like the BLACKHAWK, RENEGADE and Meerkat.
jasong™

Post by jasong™ »

Anyone know what legal hurdles exist to the janisong? They're legal to carry in Texas, as far back as 2013.

what's the import restriction specifically?
"leave shiny footprints" - Sal Glesser
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

jasong™ wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:30 pm
Anyone know what legal hurdles exist to the janisong? They're legal to carry in Texas, as far back as 2013.

In short, they aren't made in the USA, so we can't have them. You cannot import balisong knives legally as they are considered switchblades. Thats why all the balisongs you see in the US are either US made, illegally imported or possibly imported before legal intervention. Sure, you COULD potentially sneak one in somehow, I've seen them floating around Instagram, but Spyderco is very clearly and very intentionally hands off. They explicitly state to never ever even think of sending one to Golden for warranty or otherwise. That's why I would LOVE if Spyderco made them here in the US, because then we could finally have them! I could legally carry it here in Wisconsin as well.
Likes FRN
sal wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
glutofknives

Post by glutofknives »

Rex-45 and burnt orange native family.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Ez556 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:10 am
jasong™ wrote:

In short, they aren't made in the USA, so we can't have them. You cannot import balisong knives legally as they are considered switchblades. Thats why all the balisongs you see in the US are either US made, illegally imported or possibly imported before legal intervention. Sure, you COULD potentially sneak one in somehow, I've seen them floating around Instagram, but Spyderco is very clearly and very intentionally hands off. They explicitly state to never ever even think of sending one to Golden for warranty or otherwise. That's why I would LOVE if Spyderco made them here in the US, because then we could finally have them! I could legally carry it here in Wisconsin as well.
Actually had no idea about this because I’ve never looked into them. I’m all for making them in the US because I due for some new scars. Thanks
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

More autos woukd be cool.
I'd really be down for a small fixed blade with a neutral handle, something along the lines of an LT Wright Patriiot but Spyderco.
M4 box cutting blades.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

A K390 Military :cool: maybe as a big brother to the new BBS exclusive, or a navy blue G-10 a là the rumored Police 4 variant.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

There has always been something about the GOLDEN, CO made Spyders that has given me a preference for them. It seems like historically the GOLDEN made units can endure some really harsh uses like few other knives I've ever used.

With that being said I've kind of wondered in the past why they didn't have something like a "Hard Use" lineup. I guess you could make that case for the C-36 Military and the Para models. Even The Dodo has a rigid toughness to it that very few of the Japan and Taiwan Spyders have.

Again I'm still wanting to see a GOLDEN made Hawkbill and I also think a GOLDEN made fillet knife would also be interesting.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

If we get lightweight versions of the native chief and lil native to go with the native 5 I will be happy.
I would also really like to see a second production version of the shaman. Just give it a tough steel. All these sprints and exclusives are fun and all but a non s30v production version that I or others could realistically get ahold of would be great.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

VooDooChild wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:26 pm
If we get lightweight versions of the native chief and lil native to go with the native 5 I will be happy.
I would also really like to see a second production version of the shaman. Just give it a tough steel. All these sprints and exclusives are fun and all but a non s30v production version that I or others could realistically get ahold of would be great.
I keep saying the Cruwear/micarta would be a fantastic production version! I don’t think Maxamet or S110V fits the Shamans personality as great as a tough steel like M4 or Cruwear. The variety would be refreshing too.
Likes FRN
sal wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Ez556 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:41 pm
VooDooChild wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:26 pm
I keep saying the Cruwear/micarta would be a fantastic production version! I don’t think Maxamet or S110V fits the Shamans personality as great as a tough steel like M4 or Cruwear. The variety would be refreshing too.
I totally agree with your line of thought. It's been a great success and has given us knife collectors and hard core users a real advantage over people who just carry Swiss Army Knives or just your mundane hardware store folder. Because Spyderco uses the C-36 Military and the models in the Para series to introduce newer/better blade steels. That marketing technique has really catapulted those models.
But I say why stop there????? Like when they do Sprint Runs of the Dodo or any other well known Golden, CO it would be better if they were also to use the newer/better Supersteels in those blades too.
Also determine the newer/better blade steels that excel in Spyderedge like XHP for instance.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Did someone say Dodo?!

Dodo 2 Compression lock, full Salt LC200N!!!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 pm
Did someone say Dodo?!

Dodo 2 Compression lock, full Salt LC200N!!!
I would be on board with a "Dodo" model with another type of locking system. Although I really like my Dodo models with the "ball bearing lock". But a compression lock similar to the one they used on the older GUNTING model would be quite interesting.

Again I would love to see a premium grade Hawkbill made at the GOLDEN, CO plant. A Hawkbill made with something like M-4 or M390, A Micarta or G-10 handle, A compression lock or something compatible. It's just high time for a premium caliber Hawkbill IMO.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Dazen wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:57 pm
Ez556 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:10 am
jasong™ wrote:

Actually had no idea about this because I’ve never looked into them. I’m all for making them in the US because I due for some new scars. Thanks
You won't cut yourself on the Janisong. Not when opening and closing anyway. I have tried to figure out how it would happen/be possible but failed :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.