Post a spydie and a gun thread

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: Post a spydie and a gun thread

Post by Mad Mac »

It's not easy trying to keep up with you youngsters.
AR-15 pistol with 14-inch barrel, night vision scope
and 100 round double-drum magazine.
Terzuola Starmate tactical folder for backup.

Let me put your minds at ease. This configuration is merely a mockup and is not capable of functioning. The pistol is 300 AAC Blackout. The double-drum is for 5.56/.223 and is not compatible with 300 AAC Blackout. I do not intend to use the drum. It is a speculative investment dependent on the ebbs and flows of the political tide. In the future, I may lose everything or make make a profit. A 100-round drum is ridiculous, but ain't it cool.
Last edited by Mad Mac on Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

A reporter once asked General George Patton about the "pearl" grips on his two handguns. Patton (as played by George C. Scott in the movie) growled back, "Only a New Orleans pimp would carry pearl handled pistols. These are ivory." I have to agree but there is a backstory to this one.

My wife's birthstone is pearl and I gave her this alloy framed Gunsite Edition Colt CCO with the faux pearl grips for her 70th birthday two years ago. This year was our Golden Wedding Anniversary so I had the barrel Titanium Nitride coated in a gold tone for her. Isn't that what every woman wants?

For the benefit of the younger polymer-framed, striker-fired, brick shaped pistol enthusiasts among us, the Colt CCO is a hybrid combination of the Commander 4.25 inch barrel and slide and the smaller Officer sized frame with a six round magazine. A full sized 1911 has a five-inch barrel and a half inch longer grip frame for the OE 7-round magazine. An Officer barrel and slide is a mere 3.5 inches.

The Raven on the slide is the logo for the Gunsite Academy firearms training center founded by the famous Colonel Jeff Cooper. Older shooters like me grew up reading his magazine articles and books.

Texan Peter Carey collaborated with Spyderco for the stunning Rubicon. The perfect complement for what some would consider a Texas barbecue gun.
Last edited by Mad Mac on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I fall into that crowd, and remember devouring anything by Cooper, Elmer Keith and Bill Jordan.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

This is another Gunsite Special Edition pistol, a Smith & Wesson 1911 Scandium framed Commander, SW1911SC. Scandium is the proprietary aluminum alloy used by S&W. Tom Selleck acquired one when he attended Gunsite Academy and used it in the Jesse Stone movies in which he plays the role of a police chief, which is how it came to the attention of this fan. I never went to Gunsite but I have visited Gunbroker.com. One word of caution. Never visit Gunbroker.com when you have been drinking.

The only knives associated with Selleck in movies are the fixed blade knives in his westerns. To my knowledge, he never used a folding knife as Magnum PI or Jesse Stone. So I asked myself, what Spyderco would a big man like Selleck have carried as a private investigator or chief of police and came up with the awesome Ed Schempp Euroedge.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

But what would Matthew Quigley carry?
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

In a Spyderco fixed blade, it would have to be the new Respect. In a folder, the Ed Schempp Bowie.

bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Nice!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Emptied out my pockets:
Kahr P380, because it goes bang every time.
Manix 2 LW, because I can beat it up and it still works fine.
Streamlight Stylus, because I need a handy light many times a day.
Gerber tactical pen, because it's more fun to write with a cool pen.
IMG_4084.jpeg
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

And that's all you really need!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Reject

Post by Reject »

How much can a Koala bear?
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Is that the S&W Model 19 Combat Magnum in .357 with a 6-inch barrel and a Hogue grip?
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Reject

Post by Reject »

Mad Mac wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:04 am
Is that the S&W Model 19 Combat Magnum in .357 with a 6-inch barrel and a Hogue grip?
Thank you for sharing this with us.
:D You know your guns.
Not sure about the Combat Magnum title. It’s about 30 (or more) years old, used on the 25 and 50 meter pistol ranges for competition matches. The .38 loads are certainly not P plus, but good enough to knock down plates at 50 meters.
How much can a Koala bear?
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

That is one sweet revolver! I had the privilege of having some range time with one a few years back.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

At first glance with the target sights and rib I thought it was a K38 Masterpiece
but then noticed the shroud on the ejector rod. That's what made me Google it up.
With all the hammerless polymer pistols these days, it's refreshing to see a fine wheelgun.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Even though my duty carry is a semi, I'm a wheelgun fan at heart. Even more so, I love the Single Action Army best of all!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Someone on one of the S&W forums started a photo thread of "Revolvers And Knives," so I threw this shot together and submitted it. One of my "helpers" was sitting on the windowsill above the glass swatting her tail back and forth. I had to time it right so I didn't get a tail in the photo.
Attachments
M&P_RocksGlass.jpg
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Nice!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

That's a very nice combination.

Here is something weird. The image will not resolve for me in the post. But when I right click on it and choose "image info/properties" it is visible in the properties window.

Ooops. Never mind. Now it is resolved in the post. Must not have had its morning coffee.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Pokey wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:28 am
Someone on one of the S&W forums started a photo thread of "Revolvers And Knives," so I threw this shot together and submitted it. One of my "helpers" was sitting on the windowsill above the glass swatting her tail back and forth. I had to time it right so I didn't get a tail in the photo.
I'm kind of new around here. Tell me about that glass.