Endela Hawk?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Catamount123

Endela Hawk?

Post by Catamount123 »

I’m thinking the Endela handle would be a great platform for a new Spyder hawkbill (FFG please). What say yee?

VG10 is fine with me, to start. Then the LC200N Salt version, of course ;)
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
curlyhairedboy

Re: Endela Hawk?

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I can't wait to handle an endela one of these days
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Not a bad idea at all. That might even be near perfect in some respects because it would be in the size range of the SUPERHAWK which unfortunately I thought was the best constructed Hawkbill they ever had but didn't give that model any teeth.

Yeah this might be another way to get more people to try out a Hawkbill >> with teeth of course.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:28 am
Not a bad idea at all. That might even be near perfect in some respects because it would be in the size range of the SUPERHAWK which unfortunately I thought was the best constructed Hawkbill they ever had but didn't give that model any teeth.

Yeah this might be another way to get more people to try out a Hawkbill >> with teeth of course.
This! I'd take VG-10 as well.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:37 am
JD Spydo wrote:

This! I'd take VG-10 as well.
OH sure VG-10 makes a great SE blade steel in Hawkbills>> Reverse S blades too do reasonably well in VG-10. I still love my older Matriarch which was one of the first batches in VG-10.

When it comes to Hawkbills I've yet to see a VG-10, SE Hawkbill ever chip or have any noticeable problems.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:44 am
OH sure VG-10 makes a great SE blade steel in Hawkbills>> Reverse S blades too do reasonably well in VG-10. I still love my older Matriarch which was one of the first batches in VG-10.

When it comes to Hawkbills I've yet to see a VG-10, SE Hawkbill ever chip or have any noticeable problems.
I've only tried SE in H1 and AUS-8 and not had any issues yet. If there could be any improvement (not that there is any problems) on my Spyderhawk I'd love to try it. A 5+ inch blade would be cool too.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Yes.And we need more colors,also.A hawkbill Endela in the denim blue of the Delica Kahr would be awesome.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

JD Spydo wrote:

I wish it had been offered without a choil and with a PE and SE option. I still have mine and use it occasionally.

As for the endela hawk I'd be up for one. Especially if it would fit a signet ring so I can make my own version of a karahawk.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

So, if a Salt, something between the Tasman and SpyderHawk? I happen to have them and will stand pat, even though I see the Goldilocksian appeal of an Endela Hawk.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

VashHash wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:28 am
JD Spydo wrote:

I wish it had been offered without a choil and with a PE and SE option. I still have mine and use it occasionally.

As for the endela hawk I'd be up for one. Especially if it would fit a signet ring so I can make my own version of a karahawk.
Had that SUPERHAWK been offered in Spyderedge I do firmly believe we would still have that model in the main Spyderco line up today. Seriously people most collectors and users that I know strictly buy PE Hawkbills as a collector piece. When people want a Hawkbill for hard use they always get a serrated version. I'm willing to bet if they would have introduced the SUPERHAWK in SE it would have been far preferred even over the Harpy which is arguably Spyderco's most popular and best selling Hawkbill since their inception. And I bet that at least 98% of all the Harpy models ever made were Spyderedged units. Case Closed ;)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Any functional blade (keep it 3mm stock VG 10, make it SE ) in an Endela handle would be great imho, for it (the handle) has such perfect ergos... for me at least.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:00 am
VashHash wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:28 am
JD Spydo wrote:

Had that SUPERHAWK been offered in Spyderedge I do firmly believe we would still have that model in the main Spyderco line up today. Seriously people most collectors and users that I know strictly buy PE Hawkbills as a collector piece. When people want a Hawkbill for hard use they always get a serrated version. I'm willing to bet if they would have introduced the SUPERHAWK in SE it would have been far preferred even over the Harpy which is arguably Spyderco's most popular and best selling Hawkbill since their inception. And I bet that at least 98% of all the Harpy models ever made were Spyderedged units. Case Closed ;)
I don't know if it would still be in production but I'd definitely have bought 2. I think it was and always will be niche but it's my niche.