Spyderco 2019 Reveal Volume 3 Per Knife Center

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Spyderco 2019 Reveal Volume 3 Per Knife Center

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Please follow link below for pictures and pricing:

https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/stor ... f339dff1c0
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: Spyderco 2019 Reveal Volume 3 Per Knife Center

The Stretch 2 reminds me of a PM2 and it seems odd it is a lightweight Sprint run.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Was also announced Via the Forum Announcements earlier today - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84871

A lot to be excited about for sure!
-Nick :bug-red
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:16 pm
Was also announced Via the Forum Announcements earlier today - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84871

A lot to be excited about for sure!
Just sharing the email.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:16 pm
The Stretch 2 reminds me of a PM2 and it seems odd it is a lightweight Sprint run.
I think it’s an appeal (or, at least, will appeal) to people who want an LW PM2 with a lock back.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Doeswhateveraspidercan

I will probably buy the Stretch.

The part I was surprised about was it being a sprint run. Too bad for a sprint it did not come out in Cruwear. Just looking at it he handle has great ergos much better than the PM2. I guess this one will be liner-less?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 pm

The part I was surprised about was it being a sprint run. Too bad for a sprint it did not come out in Cruwear. Just looking at it he handle has great ergos much better than the PM2. I guess this one will be liner-less?
Why do you think so? The "regular" Stretch LW versions all have liners, and the straight spine version has the exact same (great) handle
Weight is also to right about like on the regular, linered Stretches
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
silvershade255

Post by silvershade255 »

The stretch has a different edge shape than the pm2. The stretch's edge is straight until the last third or so when it becomes a fairly pronounced belly.

A pm2 edge is almost the other way, maybe an inch by the choil is straight, and the rest of your edge is curving into a slight belly.
"Seven for One"
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Agreed. VG-10 is the standard test bed steel prior to sprints/exclusives. Since this is going straight to sprint, a Cruwear one would have been a great choice. Maybe we will eventually see a Cruwear exclusive like the Delica.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

I wasn't really interested in the straight spined Stretch at all when it was announced, figuring the Stretch 1 is already perfect for me. (Haven't tried the Stretch 2 yet.)

But that really looks like it would be a winner among the current Seki FRN lineup. I love that pronounced belly, and to my mind the Stretch handle is the best out of the mid sized Seki models.

It still looks like it'd be a superb folding hunter. I'd be in for a K390 version for sure.

Man, that Siren seemed to come out of nowhere! Lance mentioned he was working on a folding Waterway, but that seemed quick! Looks like it'd be a great little fishing and small game knife.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

This is listing MSRP, isn’t it? Is KC selling these at full MSRP?
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I’d love more FRN in that tan color, and white would be awesome too.
- best wishes, Jazz.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

zhyla wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:27 pm
This is listing MSRP, isn’t it? Is KC selling these at full MSRP?
No, their website shows everything priced at MAP except the counter puppies, which are $30.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I was hoping that was the price for a set of 2 of those counter puppies. Wanting multiples of those would get pricey quickly.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

The Siren is really interesting to me, and I'm generally not a big fan of back locks.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cambertree wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:58 pm
I wasn't really interested in the straight spined Stretch at all when it was announced, figuring the Stretch 1 is already perfect for me. (Haven't tried the Stretch 2 yet.)

But that really looks like it would be a winner among the current Seki FRN lineup. I love that pronounced belly, and to my mind the Stretch handle is the best out of the mid sized Seki models.

It still looks like it'd be a superb folding hunter. I'd be in for a K390 version for sure.

Man, that Siren seemed to come out of nowhere! Lance mentioned he was working on a folding Waterway, but that seemed quick! Looks like it'd be a great little fishing and small game knife.

I am 100 % percent with you, on all you said (other than I don´t know anything about hunting).

I almost literally stated already what you wrote about the Siren: Did not see that coming at all, and it looks great. Would have expected things like a PM2 LW for example way earlier than a "Lance-folder"...

On the Stretch: Like you (and as you know... ;) ), I have only Stretch 1s left. The Stretch 2 has perfect ergos too (for really large hands probably even better), but what I personally prefer on the Stretch 1 handle ist that "hook" at the end, and the shorter choil, so your hand is closer to the edge in a regular grip.

Still, I am surprised that the straight spine version is "only" a sprint run. I think that less funky looking blade shape could really attract many more preople to this great model (one of the best folders ever imho). Maybe, if the sales are support this, they´ll go regular production?!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

I do have to admit the siren looks sweet. very functional and a good steel. why i wont get one is because of the lock and blade size.
if they make a siren 2 with a better lock (anything not backlock) and a 3" blade, i would own one and it would be absolutely incredible.

just one salt that is not a backlock or huge would be a great alternating to the overly saturated backlock only market in salts or the big Caribbean.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:14 am
I do have to admit the siren looks sweet. very functional and a good steel. why i wont get one is because of the lock and blade size.
if they make a siren 2 with a better lock (anything not backlock) and a 3" blade, i would own one and it would be absolutely incredible.

just one salt that is not a backlock or huge would be a great alternating to the overly saturated backlock only market in salts or the big Caribbean.
Have you ever had a Spyderco backlock knife? You won't be disappointed if you tried. I see you have a lot of compression locks, give one a try.

-Rick
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:02 am
rabbitanarchy14 wrote:

Have you ever had a Spyderco backlock knife? You won't be disappointed if you tried. I see you have a lot of compression locks, give one a try.
If you saw that then you would have also seen the delica 4 of which I had 2 and a manbug, plus my friends have tried.
No I hate backlocks with passion. They bite when closing because of the spring, the lock takes more force, there is always a degree of lock rock, then there are the extra motions of a backlock, open/close. You also can't just fiddle with it like an axis or compression. The fact it takes much more force to flick open if you even can. No none of that says safety or reliability.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:37 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:02 am
rabbitanarchy14 wrote:

If you saw that then you would have also seen the delica 4 of which I had 2 and a manbug, plus my friends have tried.
No I hate backlocks with passion. They bite when closing because of the spring, the lock takes more force, there is always a degree of lock rock, then there are the extra motions of a backlock, open/close. You also can't just fiddle with it like an axis or compression. The fact it takes much more force to flick open if you even can. No none of that says safety or reliability.
Uggghhhhhh :rolleyes:

I'll stop there.

-Rick