Police 4 LW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Hobnob

Police 4 LW

Post by Hobnob »

Just a heads-up to those waiting on this FRN version. It is listed on SFO for sale. Not sure who else has it in stock. I'm debating.
vivi

Re: Police 4 LW

Post by vivi »

Fingers crossed dealers have them in stock soon.
:unicorn
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

It popped'up in Europe (were they send them a bit earlier) so it's about to show up in the States as well
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I am looking forward to this affordable version. I was just about to buy another Endura and mod the handle when this announcement came. This is just what I want.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

Gsg9 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:00 am
It popped'up in Europe (were they send them a bit earlier) so it's about to show up in the States as well
At which retailer? I can’t find it yet.
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Danvp wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:52 am
Gsg9 wrote:
Coutellerie Tourangelle has it in stock.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Is the Police considered to be part of the "Endura Family"?

I'm wondering if we'll see it in ZDP, in the lightweight. It would be crazy and amazing to have both ZDP and K390 as options, and I'd definitely buy both, because I love the P4 ergonomics, and K390, and I pretty much only buy the Seki models in ZDP.

I totally get why the P4 LW is in VG-10 first, but I'm waiting on steel upgrades for it. :)
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

IIRC, Sal has said here, at least once, that he wants to run the P4 in k390 and ZDP-- but it will only happen if sales of the VG10 model demonstrate sufficient demand.
TomAiello wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:44 am

I'm wondering if we'll see it in ZDP, in the lightweight. It would be crazy and amazing to have both ZDP and K390 as options, and I'd definitely buy both, because I love the P4 ergonomics, and K390, and I pretty much only buy the Seki models in ZDP.

I totally get why the P4 LW is in VG-10 first, but I'm waiting on steel upgrades for it. :)
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

tonijedi wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:03 am
Danvp wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:52 am
Gsg9 wrote:
Coutellerie Tourangelle has it in stock.
Yes, Coutellerie
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Alright, now bring on the Cruwear exclusive! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

TomAiello wrote:
So Sal has mentioned that there will be a K390 version. He also said that Spyderco will be getting some K390 in October. So I am guessing the Seki run this year will be K390 (P4 LW included). After that, who knows. Get that VG10 version to ensure more sprint runs.
vivi

Post by vivi »

p_atrick wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:09 pm
TomAiello wrote:
So Sal has mentioned that there will be a K390 version. He also said that Spyderco will be getting some K390 in October. So I am guessing the Seki run this year will be K390 (P4 LW included). After that, who knows. Get that VG10 version to ensure more sprint runs.
I'll be doing my part :D
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

This has me also thinking about a native chief lwt. I'd like this because golden knives seem to have more affordable sprints and exclusives. Either way can't wait for a k390 lwt police
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
NWPilgrim

Post by NWPilgrim »

I’m hoping this will be offered soon in VG-10 FFG SE, too. I have a Police Stainless plain edge. So it would be nice to get SE in the new Police FRN. Maybe down the road a LC200N PE or H1 SE—Police Salt? Guard Salt?
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'm interested in getting a full SE one of these.
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

I'm interested in a Police4LW with K390. I'm very very tempted to pick up the VG10 version though. The Police just seems like a great large knife (I swear I don't only like large knives, but somehow it seems all the knives I've been adding to my collection recently have been somewhat large....)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I "hate" this forum... ;) Does not make my life easier...

More and more I want a Police 4 LW. Has just about everything I like. VG10, backlock, light weight, rather thin stock, FRN, and a LONG blade (though I always feel the Endura-blade length is perfect for my needs, there really is no disadvantage in an even longer one imho)

It´s just the length in pocket I probably don´t like, just like it is with my Millie. But then, the clip of the Police seems to be attached further down the handle, so more handle probably sticks out of the pocket, and less "knife" is IN the pocket than it is with the Military? (Have to say it again: I personally don´t want deep(er) carry clips on larger knives at all - not that the Millie had one, but still a bit "deeper" than the Police I guess).

And the idea of getting almost 10 % more blade, in a slimmer and maybe "in pocket a bit shorter" package with the Police LW compared to the Millie is really intriguing..

Now I am torn between Pac Salt, Police 4 LW, a possible Endela PE with blue scales, and then I saw that Siren.... tough times, really ;), and don´t tell me I should get all of them :D
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
vivi

Post by vivi »

Siren could be another 3 or 4 months out. Police should be available any day.

I don't think the Police is any shorter in the pocket compared to the Military, but I don't have a Military handy to compare to. I still think IWB at 3-4 o clock is perfect for situations where a clipped folder feels too bulky in the pocket, whether due to width or length.

I think the Police 4 is the best design from Spyderco. As much as I love Pacific Salts, I'm ready to ditch them the day a Police Salt comes out :)

But when my options are a 4.5oz carbon steel Police, or a 3oz rust proof Pacific Salt....the latter is more practical for me due to the materials used. The Police LW in VG10 will work a lot better for me, as much as I appreciate the qualities of K390.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Vivi wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:01 pm
Siren could be another 3 or 4 months out. Police should be available any day.

I don't think the Police is any shorter in the pocket compared to the Military, but I don't have a Military handy to compare to. I still think IWB at 3-4 o clock is perfect for situations where a clipped folder feels too bulky in the pocket, whether due to width or length.

I think the Police 4 is the best design from Spyderco. As much as I love Pacific Salts, I'm ready to ditch them the day a Police Salt comes out :)

But when my options are a 4.5oz carbon steel Police, or a 3oz rust proof Pacific Salt....the latter is more practical for me due to the materials used. The Police LW in VG10 will work a lot better for me, as much as I appreciate the qualities of K390.

:o Tough one, really. I'd get and try both the Pac Salt and the Police LW, and sell one again, if it was not that hard to sell used knives here (my wooden scaled Millie for example, worth new 350 Euros (385 USD) still has found no buyer, despite I am down to 150 Euros (165 USD)...)

IWB still is not practical for me in my day to day life.. works in trail running shorts and just a shirt, but as soon as I am wearing more and longer shirts and jackets and vests... and/or a pack and/or a hip bag... not so much anymore...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Spyderco is really making life hard on me. So many new knife that I want and not enough lettuce in the garden. I am going to the the P4LW, however.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050