Upcoming Shaman Exclusives??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
curlyhairedboy

Re: Upcoming Shaman Exclusives??

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I'm gonna need that time, haha
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Me too. Just got the call yesterday, my longbow is ready to ship so I had to pay up :eek:
It’ll be here in time for the 2-day archery shoot this weekend :cool:
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Pelagic wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:19 pm
wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:29 am
I worry that the evident trend toward LW and small may hurt Shaman sales as much as price. The Shaman certainly bucks this trend.
I think the Shaman's popularity does show that weight reduction isn't the only thing the consumers value, and I'm thankful for that.
I'll second that. And I really wonder how much the "noise" about small and FRN on this forum reflect sales to the general world.

I am not on either the FRN or the small knife bandwagons at all. The Shaman hits my sweet spot. If those 800 exclusives come all at once, I guess I'll have to choose carefully. So far things have been spaced out nicely.
bagsnatcher

Post by bagsnatcher »

FYI.

Marcus52AR

Post by Marcus52AR »

There's a YouTube video from a USN attendee who said there's a possibility of a rosewood Rex 45 Shaman in tje works. Tough decision if so, the crucarta shaman sounds equally tempting.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Marcus52AR wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:01 pm
There's a YouTube video from a USN attendee who said there's a possibility of a rosewood Rex 45 Shaman in tje works. Tough decision if so, the crucarta shaman sounds equally tempting.

Auuuuuuuauh? (Tim the toolman Taylor sound...)
attila

Post by attila »

I just spoke to the SFO, and was told that the Crucarta shaman is expected to be in reveal 3 in a couple weeks. The Rex 45 rosewood (Rexwood? hahaha) is still far enough out that outlet store employees haven't heard anything more than we have.

I called knifecenter, since it could be a US evolution of their HAP40 pakkawood line.
Lady on the phone said that they first saw it at the USN gathering as well and that they aren't allowed to talk about it, not even to confirm or deny if it's an exclusive from them.
The way she explained it was really odd. Them "just finding out about" it sounds like it's not their exclusive, but her tone and word choice made it sound like it is. We'll have to wait a while longer to find out the truth of that one.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

attila wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:07 pm
I just spoke to the SFO, and was told that the Crucarta shaman is expected to be in reveal 3 in a couple weeks. The Rex 45 rosewood (Rexwood? hahaha) is still far enough out that outlet store employees haven't heard anything more than we have.

Next "reveal"..: I was hoping for something like "a couple of days"... :o
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:25 pm
attila wrote:

I'm guessing it will be out by the end of this month, September 27th or so. The Calendar contest judging was postponed until then because Spyderco is busy with shows and travel at the moment. This is most likely also effecting the release of the 3rd reveal.
Good things come to those who wait, as they say! ;) I have a feeling this next reveal is going to be very exciting!
-Nick :bug-red
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Ooo dang! Time to save up in earnest, gotta buy 2 of those bad boys!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I need these to hold off a while, paying off my Blacktail longbow is still stinging...
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

Wife not going to be happy 🤷🏻‍♂️
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Hatchet 7419 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:42 pm
Wife not going to be happy 🤷🏻‍♂️
Not an uncommon phenomenon round here!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:23 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:25 pm
attila wrote:

I'm guessing it will be out by the end of this month, September 27th or so. The Calendar contest judging was postponed until then because Spyderco is busy with shows and travel at the moment. This is most likely also effecting the release of the 3rd reveal.
Good things come to those who wait, as they say! ;) I have a feeling this next reveal is going to be very exciting!

:)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

Just put my pre-order in at night center for natural brown micarta shaman
Skyemaster12

Post by Skyemaster12 »

Just saw on Instagram. Spyderco revealing some new 19 models. One is their first sprint run of a
Cruwear Shaman with brown canvas Micarta scales.
Delica G-2 Frn, Para3 s35 Brn, Native 5 M4 Natural, PM2 390 Red, Para 3 390 Red
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Skyemaster12 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:41 pm
Just saw on Instagram. Spyderco revealing some new 19 models. One is their first sprint run of a
Cruwear Shaman with brown canvas Micarta scales.
That thing’s going to be insanity.
rivy

Post by rivy »

Oh man... st. nicks and micarta sprint shamans... I guess they're not likely releasing TOO close together to try and grab both.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

rivy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 pm
Oh man... st. nicks and micarta sprint shamans... I guess they're not likely releasing TOO close together to try and grab both.
I've read a few places that they're hoping to release the crucarta shaman in November, so you'd have some time to recover in between. :p
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.