Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by JuPaul »

Monty wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:35 pm
I completely forgot I had a Dragonfly Hawkbill Salt enroute, so it surpised me in the mailbox today. First impressions...I'm a bit disappointed with the ergos. The choil is both smaller and unjimped vs the the leaf blade models I carry so much.
Good to know. I've thought about getting one of these, but have heen hesitant to pull the trigger.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:11 pm
Monty wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:35 pm
I completely forgot I had a Dragonfly Hawkbill Salt enroute, so it surpised me in the mailbox today. First impressions...I'm a bit disappointed with the ergos. The choil is both smaller and unjimped vs the the leaf blade models I carry so much.
Good to know. I've thought about getting one of these, but have heen hesitant to pull the trigger.
You know, I always thought the Dfly was such a cool design, and I still do (I mean the design hasn't changed), but after having had one in hand a year or so ago, it just seemed a little too small. I think if there were a XL version or whatever I would be highly enthused, because there are larger knives with similar ergos/design that really work for me, but then I'm a fan of larger blades so... But I'm glad the Dfly exists as it is for those it works for. And of course it's yet another awesome platform for Spyderco to work with!
Now I'm not even sure where I was going with this haha, I ramble.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Monty

Post by Monty »

I carry the dragonfly a lot in the summer... because it's hot and I'm wearing lightweight board shorts. It works for me only because of the choil, I never grip it by the handle only. Caveat to my initial comments, I've only had the knife about 2 hours. I just was not anticipating the smaller choil and it was immediately noticable.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Monty wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:14 pm
I carry the dragonfly a lot in the summer... because it's hot and I'm wearing lightweight board shorts. It works for me only because of the choil, I never grip it by the handle only. Caveat to my initial comments, I've only had the knife about 2 hours. I just was not anticipating the smaller choil and it was immediately noticable.
Yeah I also carry a dragonfly in lw shorts a lot, and I really like it. But after your post I looked up the hawkbill again and you're right, the choil is noticeably smaller and the finger ramp is rounded off, too. I was going back and forth btw the df hawkbill and the tasman salt, so you may have made the choice easier for me when I do decide to drop the bucks. Thx!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm
VashHash wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:49 am
Got 3 Z cuts coming
1 black pointed pe
1 black pointed SE
1 yellow rounded SE
Man PLEASE let us know how you like those Z-Cuts, even a quick line, I've been excited over those more than anything else this year :D Partly just to give them as gifts, but also because they just look awesome! Louisiana here too btw haha
When I saw LeBlanc I figured that. I'll be sure to update when I get them.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Almost new in box...

Hossum Forager
Instagram: @my_blade_life
Spyderco only EDC... :D
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

VashHash wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:42 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
VashHash wrote:
Got 3 Z cuts coming
1 black pointed pe
1 black pointed SE
1 yellow rounded SE
Man PLEASE let us know how you like those Z-Cuts, even a quick line, I've been excited over those more than anything else this year :D Partly just to give them as gifts, but also because they just look awesome! Louisiana here too btw haha
Have you heard that KnifeWorks is moving to a new showroom? They may already have, or be in the process, but at any rate it’s gonna be in the city of Monroe proper, some nice big facility :cool: I really want to check it out, but I think I’m gonna have to wait a paycheck cycle lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:40 pm
VashHash wrote:
JonLeBlanc wrote:
VashHash wrote:
Got 3 Z cuts coming
1 black pointed pe
1 black pointed SE
1 yellow rounded SE
Have you heard that KnifeWorks is moving to a new showroom? They may already have, or be in the process, but at any rate it’s gonna be in the city of Monroe proper, some nice big facility :cool: I really want to check it out, but I think I’m gonna have to wait a paycheck cycle lol
I haven't made it there yet. I'm in the very southern part of the state. Really close to grand isle. I spoke with the owner a few years ago and he said if I gave him notice he would meet with me on a Saturday and let me check it out.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

VashHash wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:58 am
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:40 pm
VashHash wrote:
JonLeBlanc wrote:

I haven't made it there yet. I'm in the very southern part of the state. Really close to grand isle. I spoke with the owner a few years ago and he said if I gave him notice he would meet with me on a Saturday and let me check it out.
That’s cool man!
sn75

Post by sn75 »

Carbon Fiber Yojimbo & Farid K2 (both NIB). Looking forward to getting both of them. Near future will be a CF Mamba (still on the fence with this one, based on some reviews of it). The Lion Spy also is interesting to me (I know, I know, some hate the look/design).
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm
Lucky to have that choice in your jurisdiction. Very nice.

After seeing Evil D's RIT dye job on his Caribbean, I finally pulled the trigger on a leaf blade PE. That LC200N gets wicked sharp on my Waterway.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Cambertree wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 am
The Meat man wrote:

After seeing Evil D's RIT dye job on his Caribbean, I finally pulled the trigger on a leaf blade PE. That LC200N gets wicked sharp on my Waterway.
Yeah it was a choice between the Autonomy 2 and Caribbean. This will be my first auto, and my first LC200N. I'm looking forward to it!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

I ordered Police 4. And I blaime Vivi for that!
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
jacala

Post by jacala »

Another Smock !
Just received it today.
Now has a Lynch clip on it.
Pleassse don't ask me how many I have.
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

1 bow river
1 z-cut pointed pe
1 z-cut pointed se
1 z-cut round pe
1 z-cut round se
all different color handles
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:18 am
Cambertree wrote:
The Meat man wrote:

Yeah it was a choice between the Autonomy 2 and Caribbean. This will be my first auto, and my first LC200N. I'm looking forward to it!
You will enjoy it, it's a heck if a knife. Definitely get a Caribbean aswell, it is a pinnacle of knife design.

I bought one after my Caribbean. Eventually the Autonomy 2 found a new home, the Caribbean was a better fit for me. Honestly, the only slight fault it had was the weight relative to it's size.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:13 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:18 am
Cambertree wrote:
The Meat man wrote:

You will enjoy it, it's a heck if a knife. Definitely get a Caribbean aswell, it is a pinnacle of knife design.

I bought one after my Caribbean. Eventually the Autonomy 2 found a new home, the Caribbean was a better fit for me. Honestly, the only slight fault it had was the weight relative to it's size.
Yeah it is a heavy knife all right, but I don't mind weight; and I actually kinda like the solidity and heft of a heavier knife. Anyway we'll see. It's supposed to come tomorrow. Can't wait to get it in hand.

The Caribbean was a tough pass and I might get one eventually anyway. I got to handle one awhile back at Country Knives and it felt and looked like a top design. (As might be expected from Sal.) Also it seems that everyone who gets one really loves it.
- Connor

Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

3 Z cuts. A plain poiny tip and 2 different serration patterns
Can't wait
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

Arrived yesterday. I love it already! :cool: :spyder: