What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by Wartstein »

Endela again and again...

And: Not only mountains where I live... ;)

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
sok

Post by sok »

VashHash

Post by VashHash »

These 3 today.

5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

PiterM

Post by PiterM »

Para 3 FRN today...

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Trailrunning in my case (my area...) means covering a lot of vertical distance most times. It's really more mountain running..

So, the knives I bring when running get a good view almost each and every time... ;)

Today it's the Endela, seen here in front of my hometown.

- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:25 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:50 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:34 pm
Really been enjoying this one thinned down to 15dps. Definitely a noticeable slicing difference, well worth the time on the CBN rods!

Resized_20190911_141135.jpeg

May I ask: How long did it take you to do this on the CBN rods? And would you recommend those over the diamond coated rods for such jobs?

And: How fast do you think the corners of CBN rods will wear out (thinking of reprofiling serrated blades...)?
It took me around 2 and half hours off the CBN rods alone. I've never used the diamond rods, but hear they are quite similar to the CBN rods but CBN may hold up a little longer. I've now done 3 knives with these and there is still plenty of grit left.

I think the wear factor has to do with how much pressure you apply. So that's tough to gauge because my light pressure may be your medium pressure, or your very light pressure :p I'd suspect they would probably wear a bit quicker though since it's such a small part of the stone making contact with your blade.

Thanks a lot, that helps... think I´ll go for the CBN rods rather than the diamonds...
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Resized_20190913_120535.jpeg
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
PStone

Post by PStone »

Today is Friday Ti-day
TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

ImageImage
USMC Disabled Veteran 69/73 Semper Fi
40mm

Post by 40mm »

A month straight as your only carry is saying something. Appreciate your thoughts brother.
Bloke wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:19 pm
40mm wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:03 pm
How you like that little thing Bloke? That's one knife that I've never tried but every time I see a picture of one it kinda speaks to me. In that photo the serrations don't look overly aggressive either. That was always a thought I had, that it might be overly toothy.
Hey 40, the serrations don’t seem as aggressive as the Dragonfly HB SE, which might have something to do with blade thickness but I don’t know. I’ve been carrying the Ladybug alone for about a month now and reckon it’s a little beast. I’ve been playing with it in the Naval Store at work cutting different types of pallet strapping, cardboard, all sorts of smaller diameter ropes, waxed cord and twine, cable ties, bubble and cling wrap etc. etc. and can’t fault the little thing. :)

I don’t think you’ll ever regret buying one and you may even be well surprised by the little knife. ;)

Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

Came in the mail yesterday, but looks a bit different today:
vivi

Post by vivi »

40mm wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:46 pm
A month straight as your only carry is saying something. Appreciate your thoughts brother.
Bloke wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:19 pm
40mm wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:03 pm
How you like that little thing Bloke? That's one knife that I've never tried but every time I see a picture of one it kinda speaks to me. In that photo the serrations don't look overly aggressive either. That was always a thought I had, that it might be overly toothy.
Hey 40, the serrations don’t seem as aggressive as the Dragonfly HB SE, which might have something to do with blade thickness but I don’t know. I’ve been carrying the Ladybug alone for about a month now and reckon it’s a little beast. I’ve been playing with it in the Naval Store at work cutting different types of pallet strapping, cardboard, all sorts of smaller diameter ropes, waxed cord and twine, cable ties, bubble and cling wrap etc. etc. and can’t fault the little thing. :)

I don’t think you’ll ever regret buying one and you may even be well surprised by the little knife. ;)

I'm thinking about picking one up. They sound handy.

In the sharpening journal thread I posted about trying an extra low grit edge on this Manix XL. Still shaves easily and glides through envelopes when I open my mail. The edge retention seems pretty impressive so far.
:unicorn
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

I was in love with my sage 5, took it everywhere, did everything I could to keep it going. It was my best buddy. A few months back I was depositing stuff in a container. Cut open the boxes and dumped old hardware parts, jam it into a piece of wood, and repeat. Stupid me walked out leaving the knife in there. No problem you'd think. Thing is, when I went back for it not 5 or 10 min min later a truck already collected the container and ever since I've been waiting for the lightweight sage 5. I would have bought a sage 2 but I was too late for that one apparently..
Now we're weeks and months later and luck would have it a sage 2 popped up online, but the pictures were taken by a potato so I questioned the claim of new in box very much..
Asked for better pictures, and holy sh-
Literally not a scratch or fingerprint even on it.
This thing is insanely well done. I was planning on a small seb in the future to go with my large, but scratch that.
Ergonomically sages are the absolute best in my hand out of not any spydie but any knife I've handled.
This thing is just perfect in every way, I feel like I achieved a unbeknownst to me grail knife for a bargain price!
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"