September 11, 2001: Never Forget!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DerRock

Re: September 11, 2001: Never Forget!

Post by DerRock »

All over the world remember this day. I watched TV and could not believe that this was actually happening. This should not be repeated anywhere and never.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I’ll never forget...**EDITED!**
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
marty_bill_

Post by marty_bill_ »

Never forget.
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:39 pm
I’ll never forget...**EDITED**!
Not all of MI and MN. **EDITED** Most of us are alright.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Frozenspyder wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:42 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
I’ll never forget...unlike MI and MN!
Not all of MI and MN. Just the blue parts that are the major cities. Most of us are alright.
Let’s see if I’ve got this right. You are pandering to the worst in us while in a remembrance of what brought us together? Putin would be well pleased, no doubt.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

Sorry.
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Never forget, never forgive.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Frozenspyder wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:42 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
I’ll never forget...**EDITED**!
Not all of MI and MN. **EDITED** Most of us are alright.
Yes, I know. A lot of good people in those places.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

LEST WE NEVER FORGET!

God bless the USA!

Hamilton
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 am
SF Native wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:30 am
The start of some very dark times in this country. I’m the opposite. I look forward to forgetting. Hopefully one of the perks of old age. Wish this date would just pass like any other.
It's one of those things that will never just pass. My mother says that the JFK and John Lennon assassinations are two dates that she will remember for the rest of her life, as well as today.

I also think there is quite the significance in this terrorist act on our country, because of this day 18 years ago our country has never been the same. Some reasons for better and others for worse. Children born after this tragedy need to understand why certain things are the way they are today because of that. Though I do understand what you mean, because it does suck thinking back to that day every year on this day. But is it important.
Thanks for the kind and wise words.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

SF Native wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:47 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
SF Native wrote:
The start of some very dark times in this country. I’m the opposite. I look forward to forgetting. Hopefully one of the perks of old age. Wish this date would just pass like any other.
It's one of those things that will never just pass. My mother says that the JFK and John Lennon assassinations are two dates that she will remember for the rest of her life, as well as today.

I also think there is quite the significance in this terrorist act on our country, because of this day 18 years ago our country has never been the same. Some reasons for better and others for worse. Children born after this tragedy need to understand why certain things are the way they are today because of that. Though I do understand what you mean, because it does suck thinking back to that day every year on this day. But is it important.
Absolutely. It's a day that touched us all, and we all heal and cope in different ways. Nothing wrong with that! As the years have gone on, and we continuously see photos from that day and the clean up effort...it makes me happy to see how our country came together like no other time I can remember in my lifetime...but also saddens me, knowing how many of those first responders and firefighters from those photos have passed sooner than they should have because of cancer and breathing problems from everything going on at ground zero.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

**EDITED**
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

:mad:
Last edited by Doeswhateveraspidercan on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
James Y

Post by James Y »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:03 pm
SF Native wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:47 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
SF Native wrote:

Absolutely. It's a day that touched us all, and we all heal and cope in different ways. Nothing wrong with that! As the years have gone on, and we continuously see photos from that day and the clean up effort...it makes me happy to see how our country came together like no other time I can remember in my lifetime...but also saddens me, knowing how many of those first responders and firefighters from those photos have passed sooner than they should have because of cancer and breathing problems from everything going on at ground zero.
This really saddens me, too. I also found out that many ordinary citizens, those who lived in, and/or went to work or school in the nearby area have developed cancer related to the toxic particulates that were in the air for quite some time.

Jim
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I would really hate to have to close this thread, one of remembrance because a few people cannot abide by our forum rules. I understand the statements, I understand the passion, the anger, the emotion. But the rules of our forum still stand.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Noted.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Yes, sorry. I let my strong feelings get in the way. I apologize if I offended anyone.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

Sorry again, everyone.