NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mushroom

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by Mushroom »

Might as well stay at Tom Bradys house while he get's settled into the team! :cool:

As a fan, I can only hope things play out well because he has too much talent to hope for anything else.
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:30 am
Might as well stay at Tom Bradys house while he get's settled into the team! :cool:

As a fan, I can only hope things play out well because he has too much talent to hope for anything else.
****, if AB gets his mind right, the Patriots will be pretty much unstoppable. I've seen what AB can do in Pittsburgh.
Talent wise, hes the real deal.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Lol the Patriots are already unstoppable
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

AB and Gordon go out and party together, both get in trouble and are banned from football!! *wishes every other team in the NFL* hahaha
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14 am
Lol, pretty much
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:22 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14 am
Lol, pretty much
Really!!!!??? Sure about that???? :rolleyes: I remember a QB named Nick Foles who beat the Evil Empire in the 2017-2018 Superbowl. No don't kid yourself they can be beat like anyone else in the league. Not to mention the NY Giants beating them on both Superbowls that they played them in. With Ellie Mae Manning as QB too :rolleyes:

Oh I'm sure that Marcia Brady likes to think that about himself. But if they don't win the Superbowl this year with the extremely padded, cotton candy schedule they have this year they sure have a lot of explaining to do. I truly believe that the Miami Dolfins could make the playoffs with the schedule that was "gifted" to bill bellyache & Co. this season. Excuse me I've got to go throw up :mad:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Joe sounding salty!!!

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:50 pm
Joe sounding salty!!!
Oh I got a better one for you than that last post ol' buddy>> I don't know for sure that this is completely accurate but I found it on a major Sports wire. Apparently Antonio Brown has just been accused of rape of his former trainer. I also just seen it posted on Yahoo too. Talk about a never-ending dope opera :eek: This is about as raw as it gets :o I'm kind of wondering how Mr. Goodell is going to take all of this rumor and acusation. But being Mr. Goodell is a big buddy of Robert Kraft he might get a community service award the way they rigg everything in the favor of the Patriots :(
I'll be back because I've got to throw up again :rolleyes:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I just got off the phone with a good friend of mine who is a much bigger sports fanatic than I am. Apparently it's true that this former trainer of Antonio Brown has charged him and filed a lawsuit both for aggravated rape. Boy this latest NFL rumor is growing legs really fast I now see it on at least 20 notable websites. I guess it just got made public a few minutes ago.

Yeah as soon as this lady was sure he got his guaranteed money she then filed the rape lawsuit :confused: Even if he is really guilty I doubt if Goodell will do anything about it because he's even a bigger money draw than Tyreek Hill is. From what I'm reading this might be the O. J. trial all over again>> boy the trashy daytime TV shows are going to have a picnic on this one :rolleyes:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

This Antonio Brown stuff just doesn't stop. What a sad fall from grace. 2-3 years ago you couldn't say anything bad about the guy, just an incredible football player. Now... yikes. Really makes me wonder if he has something serious going on mentally.

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

*sigh* Yep... It never ends! :rolleyes:
Good thing The Champs don't need AB to be the overwhelming favorites to win it all, again, this year.

Odd timing for something like this happen though. I'm eager to get more facts. ;)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Roger Goodell has never been fair or consistent with his handing down of suspensions so it really doesn't matter if you are guilty or not it matters what he feels like doing that day
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:05 pm
Roger Goodell has never been fair or consistent with his handing down of suspensions so it really doesn't matter if you are guilty or not it matters what he feels like doing that day
That's a good point. Because even though I'm an avid KC Chiefs fan I still think that in light of the evidence presented to them I still feel that in all fairness that Tyreek Hill should have gotten some type of suspension for his alleged mis-behavior this past year. But it seems that the higher up the food chain that the "superstars" of the league there are huge discrepancies as to how any punishment is meted out or how the case is handled.

But on the other hand the timing of this accusation really seems strange to say the least. It's going to be interesting to see if the New England organization will stand behind the guy>> I kind of doubt that they will considering all the other drama that Brown has been involved in this past year.

Well the "continuing story of Peyton Place" has apparently returned to prime time :rolleyes:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:33 pm
This Antonio Brown stuff just doesn't stop. What a sad fall from grace. 2-3 years ago you couldn't say anything bad about the guy, just an incredible football player. Now... yikes. Really makes me wonder if he has something serious going on mentally.
Yeah I'm kind of wondering the same thing. Because last season it just didn't make any sense what so ever for Leveon Bell and Brown both to do what they did. Because I'm just totally confident that if both players just stayed the course with the Steelers that both of them would have been far better off than they are now. The Rooney family ( Steeler's owners) has a good history of being very fair with their players in the past.

It looks like Bell is going to finish his career on a losing team and it also looks like Brown's career might be ending soon in light of this latest rape allegation. Both of them would have been financially far better off had they just stayed in Pittsburgh IMO. The type of arrogance that both players have exhibited in the past couple of years I do believe may have destroyed both careers in my opinion>> not to mention the overall damage it's done to the Steeler's team overall.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well Bill Bellichick has a really, really tough decision to make in the next few hours concerning Antonio Brown. He can either eliminate a growing soap opera in his midst or he can be smack dab in the middle of it. I would really be surprised if they decide to keep Antonio Brown under these most dire of circumstances. Better yet they can keep all that cash and go with what they got already or go for someone without media baggage>> or they can be in a soap opera far worse than what the Raiders had to endure for many months to come. Yeah Bill truly has a "belly ache" at this point in the season.

The timing of this most recent revelation of Antonio Brown's growing list of external problems is most interesting and to some degree even more disgusting than what the Raiders were faced with. Like him or hate him I'm here to tell you that Jon Gruden is no dummy and he seen the writing on the wall and realized it was a losing game no matter how you look at it. In about two months he'll even look like a genius.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

She is gold digging. Just read her statement. Maybe after the first time she went to his house at 2am after the club she would have learned? Nope, she kept hanging out with him on a close personal level. I in no way condone sexual assault but they clearly had a very close relationship and we certainly don’t know the whole story.

There are no criminal charges, only a civil suit. If he is smart (or if he gets good advise ;) ) then he will lawyer up and settle it out of court and focus on football.

That said, that doesn’t make him any less crazy. His text messages to her that have been shared are mind bogglingly terrible. I was more mature, more articulate and had better grammar than him when I was 10 years old.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote: Well Bill Bellichick has a really, really tough decision to make in the next few hours concerning Antonio Brown. He can either eliminate a growing soap opera in his midst or he can be smack dab in the middle of it. I would really be surprised if they decide to keep Antonio Brown under these most dire of circumstances. Better yet they can keep all that cash and go with what they got already or go for someone without media baggage>> or they can be in a soap opera far worse than what the Raiders had to endure for many months to come. Yeah Bill truly has a "belly ache" at this point in the season.

The timing of this most recent revelation of Antonio Brown's growing list of external problems is most interesting and to some degree even more disgusting than what the Raiders were faced with. Like him or hate him I'm here to tell you that Jon Gruden is no dummy and he seen the writing on the wall and realized it was a losing game no matter how you look at it. In about two months he'll even look like a genius.

That decision seems to have been made already. Unless the civil suit filed against him goes anywhere, he's here to stay. As long the O-line can stay healthy and keep Brady upright, there truly isn't a defense in the league that can defend The Champs with him on their roster. They were pretty much unstoppable before hand, but with AB added it's almost unfair how much better they are than their competition. There has never been a team more qualified to handle someone like AB than Belichick and The Champs. Get ready to watch The GOAT to AB connection this Sunday in Miami! ;)

Sure, his antics don't seem to stop off the field but his talent on the field is unquestionably one of the best. Belichick isn't going to get rid of him now just to watch the Chiefs go pick him up. Because right now, Patti Mayonaise and the Chiefs seem to be the only other team in the AFC that can compete with the Patriots this season. They would welcome AB with open arms too, considering how their current poster boy wide receiver is out injured for a couple months.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

PATTI MAYONAISE!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha. Doug was one of my favorite shows growing up!!! So glad you said that Nick, just brought me back to some great times :D Haven't thought of that show in years.

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I love the back and forth nicknames lol
Spydergirl88
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:29 am
I love the back and forth nicknames lol
I agree, definitely a major highlight of this thread :)

With both of their teams being obvious contenders in the AFC...I see this going on the whoooooooooole season!!

-Rick