NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:58 pm
Almost time for the real show to begin! Banner night, baby!!!
Patriots will unveil their 6th Superbowl banner tonight!
That in itself is already going to be AWESOME, but being able to rub it in the Steelers face will be the sweetest part of it! :D
I know right?
They just tied the Steelers for the most Lombardi Trophies!
And, I have a good feeling that before this is all said and done ( Brady and Belichick ) the Patriots will surpass the Steelers, for the most Lombardi Trophies.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:09 pm
Mushroom wrote:
That in itself is already going to be AWESOME, but being able to rub it in the Steelers face will be the sweetest part of it! :D
I know right?
And, I have a good feeling that before this is all said and done ( Brady and Belichick ) the Patriots will surpass the Steelers, for the most Lombardi Trophies.
Not if Patrick Mahomes has got anything to say about it>> and I've got a feeling this year Mr. Mahomes is going to change the landscape of the AFC and the NFL. When the Evil Empire will realize what a horrible mistake it was to take on AB it will be too late.

If Marcia Brady and Bill Bellyache win it all this year I'll quit watching football all together. But I'm confident I won't have to.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:03 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:09 pm
Mushroom wrote:
I know right?
Not if Patrick Mahomes has got anything to say about it>> and I've got a feeling this year Mr. Mahomes is going to change the landscape of the AFC and the NFL. When the Evil Empire will realize what a horrible mistake it was to take on AB it will be too late.

If Marcia Brady and Bill Bellyache win it all this year I'll quit watching football all together. But I'm confident I won't have to.
That's the unthinkable Joe!
Let's hope it doesn't come to that :D
Seriously, the Chiefs look to be the team to challenge New England for the AFC
You have A LOT to look forward to!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Something really stinks here folks :mad: I just got through looking at New England's schedule for 2019 and it's a completely disgusting, monkey rigged joke to say the least. The only two competitive teams they have to face this entire season are the Dallas Cowboys and KC Chiefs. All the other teams they will play against pretty much had losing records last year>> with the exception of their game tonight with the Steelers. They've padded Lord Brady's schedule to where they will probably only lose 2 games at the very most with the schedule they have. It's a total guarantee they'll be in prime time in the playoffs. How come no one is talking about this????!!!

Come on folkS!!!! they just won the fricken Superbowl this past year for crying out loud and then they get a schedule so easy and so padded that it would even put the Arizona Cardinals or the Houston Texans in the playoffs for crying out loud :mad: !!!!!! The odor in the room is really starting to get really stinky.

But a Superbowl winner should have the toughest schedule in the NFL :mad: **** if they gave the Chiefs a cotton candy schedule like that they would go undefeated.

Just something for you all to think about :rolleyes: I'm about 70% convinced that the fix is in :(
SG89

Post by SG89 »

So I know they are facing the defending Superbowl champs but the Steelers look awful. Think Tomlin will get fired after this season if they post a losing record?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Just a clinical performance all around from the Champs! What a game! :D

Also JD, their schedule was discussed multiple times tonight by Collinsworth and Michaels. On top of their easy schedule they only leave the eastern standard time zone once this season to travel to Houston. Should keep them well rested! :D
-Nick :bug-red
Spyder_Flick

Post by Spyder_Flick »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:35 pm
Something really stinks here folks :mad: I just got through looking at New England's schedule for 2019 and it's a completely disgusting, monkey rigged joke to say the least. The only two competitive teams they have to face this entire season are the Dallas Cowboys and KC Chiefs. All the other teams they will play against pretty much had losing records last year>> with the exception of their game tonight with the Steelers. They've padded Lord Brady's schedule to where they will probably only lose 2 games at the very most with the schedule they have. It's a total guarantee they'll be in prime time in the playoffs. How come no one is talking about this????!!!

Come on folkS!!!! they just won the fricken Superbowl this past year for crying out loud and then they get a schedule so easy and so padded that it would even put the Arizona Cardinals or the Houston Texans in the playoffs for crying out loud :mad: !!!!!! The odor in the room is really starting to get really stinky.

But a Superbowl winner should have the toughest schedule in the NFL :mad: **** if they gave the Chiefs a cotton candy schedule like that they would go undefeated.

Just something for you all to think about :rolleyes: I'm about 70% convinced that the fix is in :(
They also play Baltimore
My :spyder: : Native 5 LW
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

I'm definitely not a Patriots fan, but a lot of the easy games in their schedule are against other teams in their division. It's not their fault the rest of their division is horrible. I don't have any explanation for the other easy games, but that makes it seem less fixed.

On the NFC side, the Vikings and the Cowboys both looked very impressive against good teams. I'm excited about that.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Pittsburgh was atrocious last night.
I haven't saw them that dominated in a long time.
On the other hand, the Patriots look like a strong favorite to repeat as Super Bowl Champion.
Both Brady and Belichick look as good as they ever did.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:11 pm
So I know they are facing the defending Superbowl champs but the Steelers look awful. Think Tomlin will get fired after this season if they post a losing record?
Probably not. Unless Big Ben decides to retire.
Then the Rooney's may decide to start fresh.
In all honesty, it's hard to fault coaches like Mike Tomlin and other in the AFC. They have to go thru New England to get even a chance to win the Super Bowl. And, Mike Tomlin is one of the few that have done that more than once.
But, more importantly its just the first game of the year.
The NFL season is very long, and a lot of things change during the course of the season. Pittsburg will get their act together.
We have a long way to go is all
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:37 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
In all honesty, it's hard to fault coaches like Mike Tomlin and other in the AFC. They have to go thru New England to get even a chance to win the Super Bowl. And, Mike Tomlin is one of the few that have done that more than once.
The NFL season is very long, and a lot of things change during the course of the season. Pittsburg will get their act together.
True. I just wonder how many chances Tomlin and Big Ben have left especially after losing their #1 rusher and receiver.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Go Pats!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:39 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:37 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
True. I just wonder how many chances Tomlin and Big Ben have left especially after losing their #1 rusher and receiver.
Lol, no doubt. That really showed up last night!
Personally, I was disappointed in Pittsburgh when they wouldnt sign Bell. Not so much with Brown though, because they have Big Ben. At any rate, it pays to have an elite running back as you mentioned and as the Steelers found out last night.
I dunno. Big Ben has talked about retirement long before the season started. If the Steelers do in fact bomb this year, he may just hang up his cleats.
Pittsburg is an amazing franchise though. They have had a total of 3 head coaches since the early 70's !
That is just an incredible stat.
I say that to say this ; it would prolly take more than missing the playoffs 2 years in a row for the Rooney's to fire Tomlin.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Funny you mention Big Ben retiring because after The Champs dismantled the Steelers last night, Deion Sanders was on TV and made the prediction that Big Ben won’t last to the end of the season. He said he looks physically and mentally checked out and just seems disinterested. The Champs either broke his will to play for just that game or the rest of the season, but time will tell.

Juju is a good player but he still has a lot of work to do if he wants to be a true first option wide receiver. Also Leveon Bell proved that he was huge for the Steelers offensive production and they’re going to miss him this season! Big Ben doesn’t have the weapons he use to have, so there is going to be an exponential amount of pressure on him to perform. Going to be a long year for him!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:06 am
Funny you mention Big Ben retiring because after The Champs dismantled the Steelers last night, Deion Sanders was on TV and made the prediction that Big Ben won’t last to the end of the season. He said he looks physically and mentally checked out and just seems disinterested. The Champs either broke his will to play for just that game or the rest of the season, but time will tell.

Juju is a good player but he still has a lot of work to do if he wants to be a true first option wide receiver. Also Leveon Bell proved that he was huge for the Steelers offensive production and they’re going to miss him this season! Big Ben doesn’t have the weapons he use to have, so there is going to be an exponential amount of pressure on him to perform. Going to be a long year for him!
Yup. Good post.
And, this really ties in with why those experts chose the Steelers to make it to the Super Bowl. They had it figured that Ben, really had a chip on his shoulder after all this and had something to prove. Personally, I think Ben is smart. If he has a team to really go to the Super Bowl then he will give it is his all. ( and really one should do that no matter ) but.....if Ben reads the writing on the wall that the Steelers just dont have near what it takes, then it may be even possible that he retires before the season is over.
I think we will know a lot more after next week.
That being said, I wouldnt blame Ben one bit if he didn't give it his all. The NFL is a business and hes no spring chicken.
Plus, he doesn't have a thing to prove. He won 2 Super Bowls and went to 3 during the Brady Belichick era! Enough said.
Its gonna be really interesting watching Pittsburgh next week.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Can't wait to watch the Saints tee it up tonight.
I like the Saints A LOT!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

New Orleans struggled in the 1st half!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

WOW!! The last 2 minutes of that game were just unreal! Unreal! I picked the Saints to win this game... but not like that!

Incredible comeback drive from Watson and then a missed PAT! :eek: Saved by a penalty against the Saints defense! Texans go up by one after a re-kick. Then, with about 40 seconds left, Drew Brees takes over to lead the Saints to a game winning 58 yard field goal... UNREAL!!!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the best game of the entire season...wow!! Makes you feel bad for the Texans, nobody deserved to lose that game.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I hear ya guys. Amazing game last night!!