NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by JD Spydo »

AB is not playing for Bill Walsh ( 49ers fame) or Tom Landry ( Dallas Cowboy's legend)y>> no AB is playing for Bill "Pepto Bismol" Bellyache. And no A B is not playing for Chuck Noll, Don Shula or our very own Hank Stram: Who are all some of the greatest coaches of all time in the NFL >> no he's playing for the guy behind the curtain. Well let's put it this way Bill Bellyache he doesn't have any more credibility than the "guy behind the curtain" in the Wizard of oZ :rolleyes: Enuff Said

Trust me this malignant tumor of a human i.e. AB won't benefit anyone>> not even the Evil Empire.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

No credibility? :eek:
He has more Superbowl rings than Bill Walsh and Tom Landry combined. Also, more than Chuck Noll and Don Shula combined. Only three less than all four of them combined!

****, if you don't count Matt Patricia and Brian Flores, he has more Superbowl rings than every current head coach in the league combined... His team has been to the AFC championship game for the past eight years straight. To say he has no credibility is just flat out wrong.
-Nick :bug-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Also, former Patriots linebacker, Willie Mcginest posted a video to Instagram of Drew Bledsoe and Rob Gronkowski playing catch in Gillette stadium along with the caption - "major comebacks happening in Foxboro stay tuned news will drop tomorrow night!!!!!"

People are already guessing that the "news" could be Gronkowski announcing his return to football! :D
It's most likely that the comeback Mcginest is alluding to, is the former team members who will be carrying Superbowl trophies during tomorrows banner reveal, but it's nice to dream of having Gronk on the field with all of these receivers! :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Patrick Mahomes vs Nick Foles today ( 09-08-19) :cool: >> and just to think we had Nick Foles as a back-up QB 3 years back. Sure wish we could have kept him. This game with Jacksonville is the only game out of the first 10 games for the Chiefs that really has me worried. The Jags have a really stout defense and with Foles at the helm I'm not taking it lightly. But I've been told that Tyreek Hill and Mercole Hardman both are breaking speed records on the field in practice. Not to mention Travis Kelce is just looking better ever day. If the Chiefs get over this hurdle successfully I don't see anyone stopping them for a long time this season :cool:

Darn it!! It will be two more weeks before the Chiefs have the home opener at ARROWHEAD Stadium. I've already heard that certain tickets are going for well over $500 a pop. Chief's fan will be rabid this year :cool: I would not want to be an opposing team fan coming to ARROWHEAD Stadium in 2019 Season. Somehow and some way I'm going to try to take in a couple of games are the best stadium in the NFL i.e. ARROWHEAD STADIUM here in KC :cool: OK folks let the first NFL Sunday begin! LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Even though it was really on Thursday - Today feels like the real season opener!

https://youtu.be/KxNGMvN ... gs=pl%2Cwn

LET'S GOOOO!! :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Nice one Nick!!
I'm ready!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh man, I am ready to see what the Browns will be like in an hour and a half from now!

I live in North Carolina, and should prolly be watching the Pamthers Rams game, but I wanna watch Cleveland with Baker Mayfield and Odell Beckham Jr!!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:37 am
Oh man, I am ready to see what the Browns will be like in an hour and a half from now!

I live in North Carolina, and should prolly be watching the Pamthers Rams game, but I wanna watch Cleveland with Baker Mayfield and Odell Beckham Jr!!
Same here, they have a lot of potential this season and I'm excited to see what they do with it! I need to find a stream online somewhere though. Right now, cable here is only playing the Jets vs. Bills and the Panthers vs. Rams coincidentally enough. :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Dude, Tennessee is just dominating Cleveland.
The score really doesn't reflect it, but you know what I mean.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Yeah, Cleveland doesn't seem to be able to get anything going right now! Tennessee came out playing hard.

Have you seen the score to the Ravens/Dolphins game... :eek: Talk about domination.
Ravens 59 - Dolphins 10 ... No typo. They're winning 59 to 10.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well the Chiefs got over that one barrier that had me worried. They did beat Jacksonville and even knocked Foles out of the game with a broken clavicle. Sorry to hear that about Foles because I'm a fan of his for sure. Anyone who beats the Evil Empire is automatically a friend of mine ;)

I hope the Chiefs don't get over confident with the upcoming game next week with the Oakland Raiders. After seeing Mahomes do his magic today I have no doubt that Oakland will be little more than a rough practice at this point. I was also pleasantly surprised at how well McCoy played in his first game in a Chief's uniform. Running back by committee might just be the ticket for the Chiefs.

It's looking good so far but I do hope that Tyreek Hill isn't injured badly. He's one that we've got to have for a run at the big Dance. It seems to be a good opening day so far.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:45 pm
Yeah, Cleveland doesn't seem to be able to get anything going right now! Tennessee came out playing hard.

Have you seen the score to the Ravens/Dolphins game... :eek: Talk about domination.
Ravens 59 - Dolphins 10 ... No typo. They're winning 59 to 10.
Man, the Phins are in BAD shape. They have Fitz as QB1
I like Fitz, lol but he was Winston's back up in Tampa.
Man oh man...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:33 pm
Well the Chiefs got over that one barrier that had me worried. They did beat Jacksonville and even knocked Foles out of the game with a broken clavicle. Sorry to hear that about Foles because I'm a fan of his for sure. Anyone who beats the Evil Empire is automatically a friend of mine ;)

I hope the Chiefs don't get over confident with the upcoming game next week with the Oakland Raiders. After seeing Mahomes do his magic today I have no doubt that Oakland will be little more than a rough practice at this point. I was also pleasantly surprised at how well McCoy played in his first game in a Chief's uniform. Running back by committee might just be the ticket for the Chiefs.

It's looking good so far but I do hope that Tyreek Hill isn't injured badly. He's one that we've got to have for a run at the big Dance. It seems to be a good opening day so far.
Shoot JD, your Chiefs are in FINE shape!
All they really need to do imo, is avoid injuries.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

On another note, I'm excited to see how Joe Flacco does for the Broncos. As it appears the Ravens made the right choice by going with Jackson. For the time being anyways....
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:59 pm
On another note, I'm excited to see how Joe Flacco does for the Broncos. As it appears the Ravens made the right choice by going with Jackson. For the time being anyways....
Yeah the Chiefs play Baltimore two weeks from today for the ARROWHEAD STadium home opener. The Ravens kind of have me worried but I'm not as concerned as I was about Jacksonville.

The Ravens are going to feel nothing but high noise levels and ARROWHeAD hostility when they play here in two weeks. With our new running back Shady McCoy and all of our other neon light receivers and RBs I do believe that it will be a really mean game. Believe it or not there are still tickets available for that Raven's game here at Arrowhead here in KC.

I just heard an interview with Patrick Mahomes and he says he isn't worried at all about the next 6 upcoming games. This guy is the "real deal". I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Tyreek Hill's injury isn't as serious. But we are really deep in our receiver dept.

I think Joe Flacco will be a good back up QB for a couple of years. But his neon days are over with I'm afraid. Dallas is really looking great so far.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'll tell ya what guys and gals. The Dallas Cowboys look tough!
They have been very sharp on both ends of the ball today.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Yeah they're looking really good. Dak Prescott has been playing much better than I was expecting, to be honest.
Also, their receiver, Michael Gallup has looked great this game too.
Spyder_Flick

Post by Spyder_Flick »

I like how the Ravens came out this week. Jackson did really well passing, albeit against an awful defense. We also used our RBs instead of him to pick up yards. Great game for Hollywood as well. Real test will be in week 3 against the chiefs. Hears to hoping the pats lose tonight.
My :spyder: : Native 5 LW
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spyder_Flick wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:08 pm
I like how the Ravens came out this week. Jackson did really well passing, albeit against an awful defense. We also used our RBs instead of him to pick up yards. Great game for Hollywood as well. Real test will be in week 3 against the chiefs. Hears to hoping the pats lose tonight.
YES!!!! YES!!! and AMEN!!!! I hope Mike Tomlin's Steelers give the EVIL EMPIRE a big dose of their own medicine :cool:

And bring on the RAVENS to ARROWHEAD stadium in 2 weeks. We'll be ready for them I can assure you :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Almost time for the real show to begin! Banner night, baby!!!
Patriots will unveil their 6th Superbowl banner tonight!
That in itself is already going to be AWESOME, but being able to rub it in the Steelers face will be the sweetest part of it! :D