Beards

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Frozenspyder

Re: Beards

Post by Frozenspyder »

People have thought I'm one of those hipster types a time or two. That's almost enough to make a guy shave.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Once upon a time, in the brief interlude between one uniform and another, I grew a goatee. Try as I might, I can't get a beard to grow. Well done to all here!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Especially your example Bloke!! 😂
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
James Y

Post by James Y »

Well, I caved again and shaved off my mustache and beard, as I always end up doing. I kept it for 2 months, and that's OK. Some people thought I looked good with it, but in the end, it's easier and less work for me to go clean-shaven. Plus, every time I shave it off, I look about 20 years younger than I do with it! :)

Anyway, any time I decide to grow it again, it only takes a couple weeks or so to grow it back.

Jim
Knifemom117

Post by Knifemom117 »

As a woman I obviously don't have a beard but I have grown to prefer beards over a clean shaven face. I never thought I'd like them but now I hate it when my boyfriend even trims his. I prefer it longer and I think men look better with them. Some men can't pull it off because it comes in patchy but a man that can wear a full beard looks better. Just my opinion.
James Y

Post by James Y »

My older brother has never shaved his beard off since he graduated from high school in 1971. He has a full beard, but oddly enough, when I do grow out a full beard of my own, it looks thicker and fuller than his (although I've never kept mine long enough to grow as long as his). Perhaps the reason is because my face has been shaved so many times that it grows back thicker than if it wasn't shaved?

Jim
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

James Y wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:57 pm
My older brother has never shaved his beard off since he graduated from high school in 1971. He has a full beard, but oddly enough, when I do grow out a full beard of my own, it looks thicker and fuller than his (although I've never kept mine long enough to grow as long as his). Perhaps the reason is because my face has been shaved so many times that it grows back thicker than if it wasn't shaved?

Jim
It's just genetics. That whole thing about shaving causing hair to grow is BS. If that worked I wouldn't be bald I've been shaving my head for 20 years, since before it really started falling out. My beard is thicker than both my older brothers and I've got the only hairy chest in the family. If I didn't look so much like my old man I might be the milk man's boy.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'd have a really thick full beard if that shaving trick worked. I grow a great handlebar moustache and a good goatee. Unfortunately the sides of my face are patchy and my facial hair doesn't get longer than 3".
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

VashHash wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 pm
I grow a great handlebar moustache
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:55 pm
VashHash wrote:
I'm really curious what your search history looks like. Must have some pretty odd things in there to find all those pictures hahaha.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

VashHash wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:55 am
Bloke wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:55 pm
VashHash wrote:
I'm really curious what your search history looks like. Must have some pretty odd things in there to find all those pictures hahaha.
I, too, wonder where Bloke finds his images. Some crazy stuff is out there.