Upcoming Shaman Exclusives??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jdw

Re: Upcoming Shaman Exclusives??

Post by jdw »

I am guessing that within the next couple of years we will see so many different Shaman 'Exclusives' that most people will be tired of it. Kinda like the 800 runs of the Para 3.
Last edited by jdw on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Joey

Post by Joey »

+1 for Rex 45. Cruwear or 3V/4V are great, too.
Micarta handle is a must, however. Regardless of the steel! I have recently added Micarta scales to my Rex Para 3, and I’m wishing I had done this sooner.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

bagsnatcher wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:46 am
Any more intel on this? I reached out to St. Nick's but didn't get a reply.
That could be a good sign.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

jdw wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:03 am
I am guessing that within the next couple of years we will see so many different Shaman 'Exclusives' that most people will be tired of it. Kinda like the 800 runs of the Para 3.
I'm here for it! :D :D
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Maxamet
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
bagsnatcher

Post by bagsnatcher »

Naperville wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:38 pm
Maxamet
I genuinely hope not, or at least not this time around.

4V, Cruwear, 10V, REX 45 (in any order).
Genotoxic

Post by Genotoxic »

jdw wrote:
I wonder, does the Shaman have enough traction to warrant that many sprints? I really hope the knife is tied with their other top sellers but the Shaman is a little more premium in price because of its features so some might shy away.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Some might do well. Price will likely be a limiting factor. Some steels and some handle materials don’t add too much in cost. The CF/S90V was pricey and I am curious how much the Crucarta is going to be. I would guess that a Maxamet Shaman would come in at $275ish. Ouch! :) I’ll buy it though.

If DLT does one in M390 and red G10 it should be priced similar to the standard version and it will sell well. It is all gonna depend on final price points in my opinion.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I worry that the evident trend toward LW and small may hurt Shaman sales as much as price. The Shaman certainly bucks this trend.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:29 am
I worry that the evident trend toward LW and small may hurt Shaman sales as much as price. The Shaman certainly bucks this trend.
I think the Shaman's popularity does show that weight reduction isn't the only thing the consumers value, and I'm thankful for that.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

The only thing about the shaman that isn’t present elsewhere in Spyderco's lineup are the thick contoured g10 scales. It’s a bit of a mystery to me why it’s so much more expensive than a PM2 for example. But it is a cool looking knife, and I’d love to have the crucarta version!!!
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

jdw wrote:
800 runs of the Para 3? Lol I realize you're exaggerating but you seem triggered. lol
bagsnatcher

Post by bagsnatcher »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:48 pm
The only thing about the shaman that isn’t present elsewhere in Spyderco's lineup are the thick contoured g10 scales. It’s a bit of a mystery to me why it’s so much more expensive than a PM2 for example. But it is a cool looking knife, and I’d love to have the crucarta version!!!
About twice more steel than a Paramilitary. I'm guessing it adds up.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:23 am
I am curious how much the Crucarta is going to be.
The KC g10 cruwear native is priced the exact same as the g10 s30v model, so I'm hopeful the micarta scales won't add too terribly much to the s30v base model Shaman cost. Fingers crossed, as this combo would definitely entice me into buying a Shaman.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Cscottsss wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:49 pm
jdw wrote:
800 runs of the Para 3? Lol I realize you're exaggerating but you seem triggered. lol
Just hyperbole for affect.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

bagsnatcher wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:16 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
I think I remember from the breakdown video with Eric that the hardest thing was nailing the machining to smoothly interface between the flat and rounded areas. That, plus the thicker stock as you said.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:15 am
bagsnatcher wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:16 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
I think I remember from the breakdown video with Eric that the hardest thing was nailing the machining to smoothly interface between the flat and rounded areas. That, plus the thicker stock as you said.
I pulled up pricing on an s30v military for comparison. The s30v shaman is only $10 more. I guess maybe the shaman isn’t that out of line. My only frame of reference had been the s90v CF sprint.
Monty

Post by Monty »

With sprint run orders taking a year +/- to produce I think we're going to see some more Shamans soon, then it's going to be a plethora of lightweight Para 3 sprints.
Mm1313

Post by Mm1313 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:15 am
IIRC, the Cruwear micarta shaman sprint was supposed to drop in August or September, right? There is some rumbling about a St. Nick’s shaman exclusive, but that’s just an unconfirmed inference from St. Nicks Instagram posts. Agreed on the dlc M4 bhq exclusive, I assume it’s only a matter of time. Probably after the dodo.
At BladeShow i was able to handle the Micarta/Cruwear shaman and was told by "someone" at the booth that the aim was for November release of it.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Mm1313 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:24 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:15 am
At BladeShow i was able to handle the Micarta/Cruwear shaman and was told by "someone" at the booth that the aim was for November release of it.
Perfect. Plenty of time to save up. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.