St. Nicks Knives Exclusive hint - Lil Native?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
AmpliFyre

Re: St. Nicks Knives Exclusive hint - Lil Native?

Post by AmpliFyre »

glad to see people liking their lil natives.
i’m still waiting for mine.
last usps tracking says
August 13, 2019
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Well I got mine, and no offense to anybody that loves this knife or the Lil Native...I think it's a pretty goofey contraption. I'm really not a fan of the short stubby blade. It's pretty heavy for being so small, when closing it I can always feel the index choil bounce off my finger when depressing the compression lock. I feel like this model is too small for the compression lock, as others have also mentioned.

I dig the color combination from St Nick's and will definitely attempt to pick up future releases. I just dont see this one taking pocket time from my Dragonfly or Urban when it comes to small carry knives.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
bagsnatcher

Post by bagsnatcher »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:23 pm
Looks like they did make collector's club versions of these after all. KeithKevinKen just posted a vid about his, and said that unlike normal, the CC got theirs after the public did.
I guess "exclusive" means different things to different people.
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:17 pm
Well I got mine, and no offense to anybody that loves this knife or the Lil Native...I think it's a pretty goofey contraption. I'm really not a fan of the short stubby blade. It's pretty heavy for being so small, when closing it I can always feel the index choil bounce off my finger when depressing the compression lock. I feel like this model is too small for the compression lock, as others have also mentioned.

I dig the color combination from St Nick's and will definitely attempt to pick up future releases. I just dont see this one taking pocket time from my Dragonfly or Urban when it comes to small carry knives.
Mine has currently vanished in the bowels of the USPS. So worst case if it never shows up I'd happily take it off your hands. :)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:17 pm

Hold your Dragonfly blade over the blade of the Lil' Native. Pretty close except the Lil' Native actually has a longer cutting edge. I cut up some cardboard with mine the other night and I was actually surprised. Not a whole lot different than using a Dragonfly except it fills the hand a little better. Not trying to take anything away from the Dragonfly. I currently have 4 and I love that design.

It's been pretty well documented that the bottom nub of the finger groove protrudes into the lock area when closed. So I was expecting that. Doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I just swing it closed until I feel it touch my finger and then pull it the rest of way closed with my thumb on the spydie hole. If I'm not mistaken the Shaman is the same in that regard.

At 2.476 oz it is pretty stout for it's size but not too far off from the Dragonfly G10 (1.979 oz) and pretty close to the CF Chaparral (2.416 oz). I kind of like that it has a little heft to it. Makes it feel more substantial for it's size.

All-in-all I like the design better than I thought I would. I think "goofey contraption" is a bit odd but whatever. They're not all for everyone and it's a good thing there's such a variety in Spyderco's line up.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

bagsnatcher wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:04 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:23 pm
Looks like they did make collector's club versions of these after all. KeithKevinKen just posted a vid about his, and said that unlike normal, the CC got theirs after the public did.
I guess "exclusive" means different things to different people.
Not quite sure what you mean by your comment. Depending on the level of membership, CC members pay for the right to get all the models and variations of models including sprints and exclusives. If they're not going to get exclusives there's not much point to being in the Collector's Club IMO
SG89

Post by SG89 »

16 pages in 14 days... Lil Native getting a lot of buzz... Hoping this leads to more exclusives/sprints and FRN version :D
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Peacedivision wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Mine has currently vanished in the bowels of the USPS. So worst case if it never shows up I'd happily take it off your hands. :)

Mine vanished for a day as well. In my opinion the boxes they used are way too small and get lost easier. Shipping in something at least 6" on all sides would be better and still be light enough for first class.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Peacedivision wrote:
It'll probably show up in a day or two. Small post offices can get overwhelmed when they get 350+ extra packages on a Saturday and misroute some of them. Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday and when I checked the tracking this morning it showed that it was in NJ. A few hours later it was in my mailbox in California.

Here it is safe, sound and swapped.
-Turbo
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

bbturbodad wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:37 pm
Peacedivision wrote:
It'll probably show up in a day or two. Small post offices can get overwhelmed when they get 350+ extra packages on a Saturday and misroute some of them. Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday and when I checked the tracking this morning it showed that it was in NJ. A few hours later it was in my mailbox in California.

Here it is safe, sound and swapped.
Yeah it was supposed to be delivered yesterday, then showed as being delivered late, then went to traveling through the USPS system with no delivery date. So hopefully it just randomly shows up at some point this week.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Hope you guys get yours. It's a nice one.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

The next St. Nicks exclusive is getting close. If I remember correctly it should be the first part of September. Don’t hold me to that exactly.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

Luke2236 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:59 pm
The next St. Nicks exclusive is getting close. If I remember correctly it should be the first part of September. Don’t hold me to that exactly.
Any hints as to what it will be?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

husq2100 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:40 pm
Luke2236 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:59 pm
Any hints as to what it will be?
It's a secret! :)
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

Yep. It’s gonna be awesome.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Thought I've heard rumblings of it being the Shaman??
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Spyderco really is trying to ruin my marriage.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

SLOSpyder wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:15 pm
Right?!?
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:49 pm
SLOSpyder wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:15 pm
Right?!?
Not so serious. It’s a compliment to all the amazing knives coming out. I skipped the cruwear delica in anticipation of upcoming Shaman releases. Those will hit the pocket hard.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Oh. Well my wife is pretty grumpy about how many I e bought in the last year. And I just accidentally won a cruwear millie on So I’m on thin ice... I home the shaman micarta cruwear gives me a while to recover from recent cash flow out...