2020 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PStone

Re: 2020 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by PStone »

Just to be fair, I think I should post that I edited my page 1 submission.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:26 am
I don't remember what you had up originally, but WOW the new one is 👌
-Turbo
PStone

Post by PStone »

bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:37 am
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:26 am
I don't remember what you had up originally, but WOW the new one is 👌
Thank you very much! I had a swapped Native up. I just really like this pic. It’s just sitting in a stainless mixing bowl. Was helping MrsMcGirt make dinner and the opportunity was there. Fingers crossed :spyder:
attila

Post by attila »

Accidental post. Disregard.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
mb1

Post by mb1 »

We had some tree damage a couple of years ago when a hurricane blew through our area. I saved some really hard live oak to carve on, and this was when I found the wonders of M4 edge stability in the Gayle Bradley 1. It is almost puukko-like in the proximity of the edge to the handle and makes for a wonderful carving tool.

- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Shaggy Dog

Post by Shaggy Dog »

Great entries so far everyone! Keep up the good work! I am still brainstorming my ideas.
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

Clipitool Rescue : Sometimes we get all caught up in the latest model, latest steel or sprint run and forget the quality Spyderco tools we have. This Rescue lives in the centre console of my pick up truck as an emergency tool. The first aid kit lives behind the driver's seat. My car and motorbike are similarly equipped (Atlantic Salt and Rescue 76 respectively) and with any luck I'll never have to use them but it is really comforting to know that quality serrated blades are at hand in an emergency irrespective of what I may or may not have in my pocket that day.

MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

I would like to submit a entry but I’m not even sure how to figure out it’s the right size.

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

SE Salt 2: My family and I love camping during the summer months and our favorite campground happens to be right on the water. What better knife to carry than the highly visible, lightweight, and corrosion resistant Salt 2 in H1 steel! Easily disappears in my shorts and is a wonderful little workhorse.

pWYCaPHh.jpg
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

This is the Spyderco Salt 2 Wharncliffe. There are many like it, but this is mine. Except for maybe a week, this has been my every work day carry since I got it. Its blade shape is perfect for my uses, and its light weight means it won't weigh down the swim shorts I often wear to work. It also serves as my kayaking knife, and it gives me comfort to know that I have it safely tucked into my waistband.

As you can see, the Wharny Salt 2 has seen quite a bit of use lately, and is in need of a good cleaning. The pocket clip had become pretty scratched up, so I removed the rest of the paint, after which I hit it with a propane torch, anodizing it. It adds a little class to what I consider the best rust proof working class knives.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'm in! When I got back into knives and found Spyderco a few years ago, my girl and I took a drive to a big knife shop in our area. There was a small display case near the main entrance away from all the knives with only a few models in it. Right in the center of the display all alone was a fluted titanium Native 5. What a beauty it was! At that point I had a half dozen Spydies but I hadn't spent much over $100 for any of them. So all I could do was stare at it like it was some forbidden fruit. A couple years later they went on the discontinued list and I was finally able to pick one up at a deep discount. I'm now a proud owner of the Fluted Ti Native 5

Last edited by Sharp Guy on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Awesome shot ^
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:44 pm
Awesome shot ^
Thanks!

I know you're from the area. The knife shop I was referring to is the House of Blades :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:47 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:44 pm
Awesome shot ^
Thanks!

I know you're from the area. The knife shop I was referring to is the House of Blades :)
I figured. I know exactly which glass case you are talking about lol. I bought a jigged bone micro Dyad from there about 4 years ago... I was so surprised to see that particular model in the wild...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Shaggy Dog

Post by Shaggy Dog »

I just finished my image last night, so I guess this is the morning for Native 5s! :)

As stated, I chose the Native 5 fluted titanium for my entry. It’s an American made lock back, made from great modern materials, comfortable in use, and with beautiful aesthetics.

Gears, pulleys, and tool related items can have such an interesting look to them- and I thought these kinds of items would provide a really nice contrast/compliment to the Titanium native. The Native and the items depicted all have something in common in that they have both utilitarian purpose, and a very unique appeal to the eye.
Attachments
Low Res forum only.jpg
Last edited by Shaggy Dog on Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

EDITED, deleted.
Last edited by Ankerson on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Can't seem to upload to the Syderco site, keep blanking out when I try and upload the photo.
PStone

Post by PStone »

Ankerson wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:42 am
Can't seem to upload to the Syderco site, keep blanking out when I try and upload the photo.
It may be the format of the pic causing the issue. It’s a great pic, but it needs to be in vertical format. Even though it is a very beautiful photo, I don’t think it will qualify.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:48 am
Ankerson wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:42 am
It may be the format of the pic causing the issue. It’s a great pic, but it needs to be in vertical format. Even though it is a very beautiful photo, I don’t think it will qualify.
Ahhhh, missed that... :confused:

I don't shoot vertical unless I am doing portraits of people or buildings normally. There tends to be a lot that you don't need in a photo shooting vertical, the reason I don't do it usually. Will likely go to the lake soon and shoot another one then... And take my MONOPOD with me...
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Spyderco Native 5 Salt
I have devotion to the Spyderco Native, my favorite model along with the Sage line. So the Native Salt has become the perfect companion for me during my summer vacations. This picture was taken in Asturias, a beautiful region in the North coast of Spain, during a walk on the beach with my daughter, taking advantage of the low tide, visiting small beaches and coves that would be covered by the water otherwise...so for me, this photo is a reminder of a great time in family.
I love the contrast of the bright yellow scales against the black and white scene.

Thank you very much Spyderco for the opportunity and good luck to everyone!