Is this c127 Urban lightweight a knock-off?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Drasticoy

Is this c127 Urban lightweight a knock-off?

Post by Drasticoy »

Hi, everybody, I'm a huge Spyderco fan from Asia, it's really nice to be here, unfortunately, my very first post is about knock-off.
I just got this C127 PBK aka urban lightweight N690, and it just feels so different from my other Spydercos( Delica, C89, C131), so I watched several youtube videos about it, judging from the various details, I highly suspect it's a knock-off. I sincerely ask for your help to draw a conclusion about it, so I can argue with the dealer with solid evidance. Thank you! Forgive my inaccurate expression.
1. SypderCo logo is very very shallow, hardly reflects.
s3.png
2. the font of city mark and the dash '-' is totally different from what I saw online
3. the distance between the mark near the hole to the hole is further than ones online
s4.png
real one in Nick Shabazz's video
real one in Nick Shabazz's video
4. the cutting edge beside the hole(I don't know how to put it) is rounded, not cutting edge at all. lol
s7.png
5. the intermediate lock position is different, ones online is about 45~60 degrees, mine is about 90 degrees.
s8.png
By the way, I got it for around 53 bucks.
And I wonder is there any way I can get an official feedback? Thank you very much!
Last edited by Drasticoy on Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drasticoy

Re: SOS! Is this Urban lightweight a knock-off?

Post by Drasticoy »

Is there anybody that can help me ?
Sharp Guy

Re: Is this c127 Urban lightweight a knock-off?

Post by Sharp Guy »

All I can say is that I've never seen or heard of a fake Urban. If it were mine I'd feel pretty confident it was real.

Keep in mind that they've made some CQI changes over the years. So the one you're looking at might have some differences from the current models.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Drasticoy

Re: Is this c127 Urban lightweight a knock-off?

Post by Drasticoy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:19 am
All I can say is that I've never seen or heard of a fake Urban. If it were mine I'd feel pretty confident it was real.

Keep in mind that they've made some CQI changes over the years. So the one you're looking at might have some differences from the current models.
Thanks a lot! I just wish I had found a similar model.