Golden, CO made Wish List?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: Golden, CO made Wish List?

Post by steelcity16 »

attila wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:52 am
abbazaba wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:10 am
Manix2 LW Salt LC200n please. I assume yellow/satin is a given, but I would love to see a blacked out model too. This would be my perfect summer carry. I'm stoked about the Native, but prefer the size and wire clip of the Manix 2 LW.
This would be really awesome!

+2!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Native LW and Manix LW in Khaki FRN to blend in to khaki shorts. Paired with Cruwear/4V/3V. Stonewash blade and clips and DLC Blade and Clips.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Full SE Military in LC200N. Uncoated FFG blade, black G-10 handles.

Or

Full SE Military in H-1, uncoated blade with black G-10.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Not only do I want to see the Dodo return but for years I've been literally begging them for a larger scale version of the Dodo. A bigger Dodo with a longer/wider blade and a handle to accommodate it would just be a great workman's utility knife. Also again I would want it to be available in SE & PE both.

Also a GOLDEN version of the Catcherman would be great too in a new blade steel>> preferably in LC200N in full SE.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:21 pm
Not only do I want to see the Dodo return but for years I've been literally begging them for a larger scale version of the Dodo. A bigger Dodo with a longer/wider blade and a handle to accommodate it would just be a great workman's utility knife. Also again I would want it to be available in SE & PE both.

Also a GOLDEN version of the Catcherman would be great too in a new blade steel>> preferably in LC200N in full SE.

LC200N catcherman would be cool. Id also be VERY happy with an H1 SE version in orange FRN to match my Spyderhawk.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:44 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:21 pm

LC200N catcherman would be cool. Id also be VERY happy with an H1 SE version in orange FRN to match my Spyderhawk.
Yeah and an LC200N Catcherman with a full Spyderedge just like when they did those Spyderedged CAtcherman models in the old AUS-8 blade steel back in the 90s. I can't for the life of me understand why they quit making the Catcherman to begin with and the fully serrated Catcherman is the creme-de-le-creme. If you don't believe me just ask my good buddy "Xceptnl" :) I sure made a believer out of him in short order :cool:

I won't let go of any of the Catcherman models I have now. They are all great utility blades and they are super in the kitchen. A GOLDEN made Catcherman with either LC200N or one of the other new blade steels would truly get my attention.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Lil' Native LW Salt in LC200N with Yellow FRN Satin Blade and Black FRN DLC Blade options.
benben

Post by benben »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:09 am
Doesn't anyone else beside me miss the CHINOOK models? Actually I can't even believe they were ever discontinued. The CHINOOK III especially was a tank of a folder.

Going back to the possibility of a GOLDEN made Hawkbill I'm beginning to think that a newly revamped SUPERHAWK made in GOLDEN might just be the ticket.
JD, I've still got a NIB Chinook 3 that just sits in my safe, I'll take it out every now and then just to hear that "clack" when she locks open!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

benben wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:24 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:09 am
Doesn't anyone else beside me miss the CHINOOK models? Actually I can't even believe they were ever discontinued. The CHINOOK III especially was a tank of a folder.

Going back to the possibility of a GOLDEN made Hawkbill I'm beginning to think that a newly revamped SUPERHAWK made in GOLDEN might just be the ticket.
JD, I've still got a NIB Chinook 3 that just sits in my safe, I'll take it out every now and then just to hear that "clack" when she locks open!
Well GOD bless you "Benben" :) I know exactly what you mean because about every two weeks I get out my Ayoob models just to admire the excellent design of Mr. Massad Ayoob. But I'm really surprised that the Chinook 3 didn't become a permanent model in the main line up. I can very easily remember how well it was received when it first arrived on the scene. That CHinook 3 and my favorite Stainless RESCUE model are probably two of the most rigid Spyders ever made. But most of the GOLDEN made Spyders have a characteristic to them that sets them apart IMO.

But as far as a Spyderedged SUPERHAWK I truly think that should be a "no-brainer" for Spyderco's marketing crew. It's past time for that one especially with the upsurge in Hawkbill popularity in the past few months.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

here is my updated list. i predict will see 1-7 within the next 2 years. :D

1. a new Serrated Dodo
2. Manix LW Salt with translucent neon green or yellow FRCP
3. Manix LW with translucent green, burgundy, or smoke FRCP and DLC 4V and DLC Cruwear (screw construction would be a great upgrade)
4. Cruwear and 4V Native LW
5. More Cruwear/Micarta models after the Shaman
6. Manix XL exclusive in 4V or Cruwear
7. a new Military in 4V or Cruwear
8. a new Golden-made Starmate in 4V or Cruwear
9. a Lil Native Backlock LW Salt in LC200N with a wire clip, spine and choil jimping, and boye dent
Last edited by steelcity16 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
vivi

Post by vivi »

1. Manix XL K390 DLC CE with OD green micarta scales
2. LC200N Native Chief Salt
3. LC200N FFG Aqua Salt
4. Swick 5
5. C95 foliage green sprint revival in 4V DLC
6. Military 2 in both PE and SE
7. Manix XL lightweight salt, LC200N PE and H1 SE

Any of these would be fun. One of them is definitely happening :)
:unicorn
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I would be quite content with a Native or Manix in Rex45, G10 or LW... ain't care!! I've never owned a Native, this is what I'm holding out for!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I just got a Para3 LW and I'm blown away by the design. Lets see that PM2 LW FRN sooner than later, please! :)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:48 am
attila wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:52 pm
2. Lil Manix (CBBL).
I just want this one thing. :)
Yes.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Vivi wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:45 pm
1. Manix XL K390 DLC CE with OD green micarta scales
2. LC200N Native Chief Salt
3. LC200N FFG Aqua Salt
4. Swick 5
5. C95 foliage green sprint revival in 4V DLC
6. Military 2 in both PE and SE
7. Manix XL lightweight salt, LC200N PE and H1 SE

Any of these would be fun. One of them is definitely happening :)

Great list! I'd probably end up buying any of those, but #5 is one that I can't believe that I forget to add the C95 Manix to my list?? Foliage Green G10 with DLC 4V would be an amazing combo and on the same hype level as the Cruwear Micarta Shaman! On the one condition that it MUST have that classic Dino Jimping!

Last edited by steelcity16 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anycal

Post by anycal »

2/3 of my collection is Golden made.

I would go for something brand new first; new design. Or a dramatically changed favorite, like PM2, Military, Native 5. Or wasn't there a talk of Caly coming to Golden?

Para 3 is my most recent new Golden model. Of the three released since, the Shaman and Native Chief will eventually be mine, hopefully in a form of an exclusive/sprint.
Peter
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'm surprised a Para 2 LW hasn't been made yet.
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:14 pm
TomAiello wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:48 am
attila wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:52 pm
2. Lil Manix (CBBL).
I just want this one thing. :)
Yes.
I have a feeling the mini mini Manix will be made some day.

:D
:unicorn
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I’ve been thinking about this a lot, and I would love to see a new collaboration with Gayle Bradley made in Golden.
Josh
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Lil Manix and ....grind them thinner behind the edge Golden !
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Yes, a Lil Manix would be a great knife. Lil Manix LW with screw construction would be an even greater knife. LIl Manix LW Salt with screw construction would be a masterpiece! Lil Manix LW Salt with screw construction, deep carry wire clip, translucent toxic green FRCP, and DLC LC200N = :eek:

I'm indifferent between a backlock and a CBBL on these. Whichever one increases the likelihood of it actually getting made i'm good with!! :)