Waved Combo Edge TiCN Earth Tone Delicas and Enduras

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Waved Combo Edge TiCN Earth Tone Delicas and Enduras

Post by steelcity16 »

I'm digging my waved Dfly, and I want to get a waved Delica and Endura now, but I'm thinking I'd prefer a combo edge for these. I think some waved CE knives with TiCN coated blades and earth toned FRN like OD Green or Desert Tan would play well to the tactical/military/gun crowd.

Hoping some distributor or dealer sees this and agrees with me! I think it would be an easy sell out as an exclusive series. They could even keep it going into a Dragonfly, Endela, and maybe even Police LW (or is that pushing the length limit for a wave to open effectively?).

Also, this thread needs pictures... :D

so basically below...with a combo edge like above! :)

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Dazen

Re: Waved Combo Edge TiCN Earth Tone Delicas and Enduras

Post by Dazen »

Like this one Rivers Edge Cutlery has done in the past. You could email them and see what they say. I love my Delica Wave and would do a CE Endura like that any day.

https://riversedgecutlery.com/
Attachments
E6E6C1CE-C506-45B7-B9F0-BE40C8BE6D4F.jpeg
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Monty

Post by Monty »

I'm in for a couple. Had a combo delica wave and lost it... hoping it resurfaces, one of my favorite knives. I have a couple combo edges left but nothing from Spyderco. Agree on the color too, Kahr had it right with their exclusive knives- denim and khaki.

The Police wouldn't do anything for me, too long for my state's laws. I'd be interested in seeing the Native Chief with a wave.

I seem to recall Michael Janich testing the 5X5 combat solutions device on his Yojimbo, it attaches to the spyderhole and acts as a wave. It would be fun to pick one up and try it with some different models.

ETA: after our discussion the other day I found an old thread with a "Frankendelica". Might start hunting down the donors to do an Endura like this.

viewtopic.php?t=44556
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Monty wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:02 pm
I'm in for a couple. Had a combo delica wave and lost it... hoping it resurfaces, one of my favorite knives. I have a couple combo edges left but nothing from Spyderco. Agree on the color too, Kahr had it right with their exclusive knives- denim and khaki.

The Police wouldn't do anything for me, too long for my state's laws. I'd be interested in seeing the Native Chief with a wave.

I seem to recall Michael Janich testing the 5X5 combat solutions device on his Yojimbo, it attaches to the spyderhole and acts as a wave. It would be fun to pick one up and try it with some different models.

ETA: after our discussion the other day I found an old thread with a "Frankendelica". Might start hunting down the donors to do an Endura like this.

viewtopic.php?t=44556

That G10 Frankendelica is awesome! :D I'd buy an exclusive like this as well. Especially TiCN coated with Foliage G10. There really needs to be a combo edged waved Delica of some sort in the lineup.

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

As much as I dislike the Endura handle I would like to have one with a wave and a Glock tool. Blacked out would be ideal to match my G19.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

I love that handle color with the black blade. Looks like an exclusive, where is/was that from?
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:12 pm

As much as I dislike the Endura handle I would like to have one with a wave and a Glock tool. Blacked out would be ideal to match my G19.

Think of how popular these would be as a collaboration with Glock. Offered either in blacked out or FDE FRN with FDE PVD coated blade?! :eek: They could do a Delica and Endura in both CE and PE. These things would fly out of every gun dealer, gander mountain/cabelas,bass pro, sporting goods store, knife dealer, etc.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:34 pm
Evil D wrote:

Think of how popular these would be as a collaboration with Glock. Offered either in blacked out or FDE FRN with FDE PVD coated blade?! :eek: They could do a Delica and Endura in both CE and PE. These things would fly out of every gun dealer, gander mountain/cabelas,bass pro, sporting goods store, knife dealer, etc.

I'm pretty sure they're either still in production or someone just has a lot of old stock because last I checked you can still get an Endura with a Glock tool but I don't remember if it was waved and blacked out. If I remember right it's basically a dealer exclusive.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:38 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:34 pm
Evil D wrote:

I'm pretty sure they're either still in production or someone just has a lot of old stock because last I checked you can still get an Endura with a Glock tool but I don't remember if it was waved and blacked out. If I remember right it's basically a dealer exclusive.

I had no idea these existed. Pretty cool. So it looks like a totally different mold as well for the FRN?!? That's pretty interesting given the cost of a mold.