Seki City sprints

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Seki City sprints

Post by JuPaul »

I feel like I saw a thread on this a while back, but couldn't find it...anyhow, it needs a bump. Does anyone have a sense of when and what we'll see this year in the Delica family? Seems like these were announced by this time last year.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Mushroom

Re: Seki City sprints

Post by Mushroom »

This isn't necessarily an annual thing. It has happened a couple times recently with the HAP40 run and VTOKU2 run, but theres nothing guaranteed as far as I know.

We will find out in the next volume of the Reveal Catalog though, which should drop around the end of this month/beginning of next month.

:spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'd guess we will see a run of Navy Blue FRN with K390. But now with steels like M390 and Cruwear popping up in Seki models, it seems that the sky is the limit! I'm not a fan of laminated steels, so I would love a run of K390, M390, Cruwear, or something new like 4V, V4E, Elmax, AEB-L, Sleipner, etc.

My one request it that they include the Jester in the next run. PLEASE. This is long overdue! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

A HAP 40 Endela would be great, but I have almost zero hopes for that to happen soon.

But I'd take a regular VG10 PE Endela in BLUE FRN in the meantime to accompany my black SE one... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Thought you were talking about the whole Delica/ Endura family, but now I guess you were referring just to the Delica ?!
Last edited by Wartstein on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
jdw

Post by jdw »

I would buy absolutely anything that was FRN and NOT laminated.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I would imagine the Delica exclusive trend will continue. It's like printing money at this point for the dealers/distributors. Especially since seki is warming up to non-Japanese steels lately
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 am
A HAP 40 Endela would be great, but I have almost zero hopes for that to happen soon.
Well, there are two things going in your favor. One, the Delica Wharncliffe came out last year in HAP 40. That sprint was already "over", but somehow it got made (even had the burnt orange scales). Two, Knife Center has been rolling out a set of exclusives for the Seki knifes in HAP 40 with Pakkawood scales. So I wouldn't say you have a 0% chance, but it is far from guaranteed.

I always assumed that the Seki sprints would carry a Japanese steel. But with the CRUWEAR Delica and Sal's comments about the K390 P4LW, who knows. I'm still hoping for laminated CoS.

*Edited for clarity
Last edited by p_atrick on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

It's an exclusive, not a Sprint, but I hope we see a CPM Cru-wear Endura soon. I like the Delica but would prefer a bit more blade.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
vivi

Post by vivi »

Hoping the Police LW gets in on the action. Though I'll gladly buy one in VG10.
:unicorn
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:34 am
It's an exclusive, not a Sprint, but I hope we see a CPM Cru-wear Endura soon. I like the Delica but would prefer a bit more blade.
I am not really into steels, and totally content with my preferred VG10, S30V, HXP and HAP40.

But an Endura... now THAT would be finally a platform in that I´d try the praised Cruwear !! :)
Last edited by Wartstein on Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 am

But I'd take a regular VG10 PE Endela in BLUE FRN in the meantime to accompany my black SE one... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Thought you were talking about the whole Delica/ Endura family, but now I guess you were referring just to the Delica ?!
No I did mean the whole family, for sure. The delicas and dragonflys happen to be my favorites, but I'd like to try an Endela. In fact, with the recent s30v dragonfly and cruwear delicas, I feel like I have what I need there. I'm wondering if those might be all that we see in those models this year, and I personally wouldn't be disappointed by that. I'd be happy to save my money for other models that I haven't tried.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:00 am
I'd guess we will see a run of Navy Blue FRN with K390. But now with steels like M390 and Cruwear popping up in Seki models, it seems that the sky is the limit! I'm not a fan of laminated steels, so I would love a run of K390, M390, Cruwear, or something new like 4V, V4E, Elmax, AEB-L, Sleipner, etc.

My one request it that they include the Jester in the next run. PLEASE. This is long overdue! :)
Heck yes
Vivi wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:38 am
Hoping the Police LW gets in on the action. Though I'll gladly buy one in VG10.
Heck yes lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I was very excited about the Endela in part because I thought the military was too big. Well I’ve got a millie now, and while it won’t be my first choice for the office, it’s gonna be my go to weekend and outdoor knife. 52100/ppcf pm2 can be my “gentleman knife”

K390 in the endela/endura would be great. And I agree with Wartstein, a cruwear endura would be a must buy!!
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Don't know if the Super Gold Delica/Endura "counts" but i am glad i got one of each :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'd love to see a run of White FRN sprints, especially in TiCN coated blades/hardware. I'd imagine they could run Satin AND TiCN in each model given how popular these series are. I'd want it paired with a new un-laminated imported steel. V4E, AEB-L, Sleipner, Elmax, Cruwear, 4V, or 3V would all be winners.

I'd also leave out the Manbug, Stretch, and Meercat in favor of the Jester, Delica Wharnie, Dragonfly Wharnie, Endela, and Police LW.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red