Caribbean different scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: Caribbean different scales

Post by Evil D »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:26 am
Evil D wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:48 am
I've made peace with the color issue. I rather like the results. I could still do without the flat oval in the middle but I like the machining a lot.

Looks great! I'd really wish for something like this with a backlock...
If they made it with a typical linerless Salt FRN handle and a back lock it would be a real winner. It would likely have to be made in Japan, I'm not aware of any FRN coming out of Taichung?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:40 am
Wartstein wrote:
Evil D wrote:
If they made it with a typical linerless Salt FRN handle and a back lock it would be a real winner. It would likely have to be made in Japan, I'm not aware of any FRN coming out of Taichung?

The Chap LW has an FRN handle... but there is no Taichung linerless FRN I think..
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:52 am
Evil D wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Evil D wrote:

The Chap LW has an FRN handle... but no Taichung linerless FRN I think..

Yeah I thought of that after I posted. The molds for the Salt 2 are really sturdy, if they make them like that in this handle shape I'll be all over it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Evil D wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

Looks great! I'd really wish for something like this with a backlock...

I would love this. Most of my folders these days are FRN backlocks. Seki-made Toxic Green FRN Caribbean LW Backlock in PE and SE FFG LC200N and a deep carry wire clip would likely be my most carried/used knives. I really prefer the choil-less blades like the Tenacious and Caribbean, but there are no good FRN options for this.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Added to my last post: The Sage LW also will come in FRN. But as far as I understand, it will also not be really linerless (other than the Para 3 LW)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)