Upcoming Shaman Exclusives??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mike51772

Upcoming Shaman Exclusives??

Post by Mike51772 »

Anyone have any info regarding possible upcoming Shaman exclusives? Anyone heard anything about Bento Box, Blade HQ, KnifeWorks, or DLT doing exclusives?
Mattysc42

Re: Upcoming Shaman Exclusives??

Post by Mattysc42 »

Blade HQ did a jade m4 version early in the year, so it’ll probably be a while before another one (probably dlc) from them. I’ve heard talk of an exclusive this month but no details of what materials or where.

I know that a wood handled shaman and cruwear/micarta shaman are in development as I’ve seen pics from an interview with Eric Glesser.
BRING ON THE MANIX XL SPRINTS AND EXCLUSIVES! And 10v or K390ify the Golden lineup, please.

Top 5 folders I’ve owned: Serrated Caribbean Leaf, Shaman, Manix XL, ZDP-189/CF Caly 3.5, Native LW.
Top 5 steels I’ve owned: LC200N, K390, CPM S90V, M390, CPM REX45.
Top 3 steels I want more of: M390 class, A11 class (including K390), CPM REX45.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

I still hoping for St. Nick's. They've been on a roll lately with the blood red/CPM 4V. This would be the prefect shaman imo. I hope they do several more models in this combination (MILITARY.... hint hint). With the hardness difference it's possible that 4V could be not only tougher but have better edge retention than M4 (they're running 4V at 65 HRC).
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

IIRC, the Cruwear micarta shaman sprint was supposed to drop in August or September, right? There is some rumbling about a St. Nick’s shaman exclusive, but that’s just an unconfirmed inference from St. Nicks Instagram posts. Agreed on the dlc M4 bhq exclusive, I assume it’s only a matter of time. Probably after the dodo.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I'm here for all of em except uncoated M4, haha
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:15 am
IIRC, the Cruwear micarta shaman sprint was supposed to drop in August or September, right? There is some rumbling about a St. Nick’s shaman exclusive, but that’s just an unconfirmed inference from St. Nicks Instagram posts. Agreed on the dlc M4 bhq exclusive, I assume it’s only a matter of time. Probably after the dodo.
Wow, a St. Nick's Shaman is actually a thing? I thought I was just dreaming! Wow... I need to set aside funds now just in case that comes to fruition. I don't have any social media so I'm often in the dark.
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

Pelagic wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:34 am
Woodpuppy wrote:
Wow, a St. Nick's Shaman is actually a thing? I thought I was just dreaming! Wow... I need to set aside funds now just in case that comes to fruition. I don't have any social media so I'm often in the dark.

Nothing confirmed, but St Nick's has hinted around at it on their Instagram. There's even a post where St. Nick's states another exclusive will be out in the coming weeks. We'll see :D
DukeNiemand

Post by DukeNiemand »

buccilli15 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:53 am
Pelagic wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:34 am
Woodpuppy wrote:

Nothing confirmed, but St Nick's has hinted around at it on their Instagram. There's even a post where St. Nick's states another exclusive will be out in the coming weeks. We'll see :D
Yep they've hinted at it a few times recently. The hard use oriented design of the Shaman is just begging for the 4V treatment.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DukeNiemand wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Yep they've hinted at it a few times recently. The hard use oriented design of the Shaman is just begging for the 4V treatment.

Agreed. This and the Micarta Cruwear Shaman will be legendary hard use Spydies. Now we just need some dealer to do a DLC CPM-3V Shaman with OD Green Matte Canvas Micarta for the hard use steel trifecta!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:02 pm
DukeNiemand wrote:

Agreed. This and the Micarta Cruwear Shaman will be legendary hard use Spydies. Now we just need some dealer to do a DLC CPM-3V Shaman with OD Green Matte Canvas Micarta for the hard use steel trifecta!
man, that would be fantastic.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The people want more REX45!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bagsnatcher

Post by bagsnatcher »

Mattysc42 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:37 am
Blade HQ did a jade m4 version early in the year, so it’ll probably be a while before another one (probably dlc) from them. I’ve heard talk of an exclusive this month but no details of what materials or where.

I know that a wood handled shaman and cruwear/micarta shaman are in development as I’ve seen pics from an interview with Eric Glesser.
The Cruwear & Micarta would be at least a 3x purchase for me (1 for wear, 2 for storage).
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Only confirmed that I've seen is the Cruwear/Micarta. Others are at this time rumors, but I guarantee we'll eventually see a DLC M4 from BHQ.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Eric is as sly as his father!

Check out his Shaman review (https://youtu.be/xiy8GYzned0) with the “Oh, by the way...” bit in the last minute.

I hope there will be more vids like this for other models. Is this his first such one? Seems to be. [EDIT: Ah! I see he’s done one other, on the Chief.]

Anyhoo, the Cruwear Shaman with micarta scales has now moved from my dreams to my radar, given the material evidence.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Genotoxic

Post by Genotoxic »

Dont tell me they're releasing a red g10/dlc 4v shaman... that'll bankrupt me trying to get it here in Canada but it'll be such a sweet knife I don't know if I can resist.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I have no idea how 4v will like salt air or sweat, even with dlc coating. That said, I'm trying to track down a paysan so that might preclude the 4v shaman anyway.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:22 pm
I have no idea how 4v will like salt air or sweat, even with dlc coating. That said, I'm trying to track down a paysan so that might preclude the 4v shaman anyway.
It will certainly require some maintenance. But DLC does an excellent job of hindering corrosion. You see some reports of rust but most people seem to view it as virtually rust proof.

This is the ONLY downfall of this potential model though. Incredible ergonomics, solid build, VERY tough steel, VERY strong steel, great sharpenability, and at ~65 HRC, edge retention will be more than satisfactory. This is my most anticipated model by far and I don't even know if it's going to happen. I have a s30v Shaman on the way to keep me appeased in the meantime, haha.
Pancake wrote:
Nate wrote:
You are a nobody got it?
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

yeah, at this point I'm at the 'try before you buy' stage for tough non-stainless. Bare Cruwear has proven itself to be impervious to my pocket conditions where M4 would pit and rust, and even DLC-coated M4 had visible spotting on the DLC. From all reports, 4V is even more sensitive than M4.

I may try to track down a loaner lil native to see how it holds up.
levs18

Post by levs18 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:02 pm
DukeNiemand wrote:

THIS! Micarta and DLC 3V would be the perfect shaman.
bagsnatcher

Post by bagsnatcher »

Any more intel on this? I reached out to St. Nick's but didn't get a reply.