St. Nicks Knives Exclusive hint - Lil Native?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mstach07

Re: St. Nicks Knives Exclusive hint - Lil Native?

Post by Mstach07 »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:28 am
bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:00 am
They're boxed and ready to go...
And...already someone on ebay asking $400 for one.
Actually has 2. $400 each
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Damned flippers. Needs to be a way to authenticate buyers are human and not bots used by the flippers.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Mstach07 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:17 am
JuPaul wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:28 am
bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:00 am
They're boxed and ready to go...
And...already someone on ebay asking $400 for one.
Actually has 2. $400 each
Oh no way! Is that him on ebay, or does he sell somewhere else?

Edit: disregard. Thought this was in reference to keithkevinken, but now see it was a response to the ebay seller.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Congrats to all that were highly excited about this knife and managed to score one. Boo to the ebay profit pigs!!!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
soulspy

Post by soulspy »

I got one because I love my OG Lil Native. I plan to use the heck out of it, like all of my knives!
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

this is exactly what i’ve been saying about sprints and exclusives. it works fine for dealers, but it doesn’t work for customers because people are horrible. i’d rather they just focus on making more production knives instead of lining the pockets of dishonest flippers.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I had to work, so I missed this one. Bummer. I really wanted to try the Lil Native, and 4v is one of my top steel choices.

Hopefully they'll do another run at some point. :(
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

TomAiello wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:37 pm
I had to work, so I missed this one. Bummer. I really wanted to try the Lil Native, and 4v is one of my top steel choices.

Given how popular this model in particular and St. Nick's exclusive line in general is, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a rerun at some point.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:20 pm
TomAiello wrote:

Given how popular this model in particular and St. Nick's exclusive line in general is, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a rerun at some point.
I don't think they will. I was talking to one of the guys at St. Nicks and he confirmed what I suspected, they commissioned this knife when the S30V compression lock one had only been out a few months. It was also in the wake of their Delica not selling as well as they had hoped. That's why the run was so small. They weren't even sure if people would like the Lil Native in general, let alone an exclusive. It would take so long to get another batch made, they're not likely to do another. I think they'd rather move onto other things.....

.....which might be another exclusive dropping next month (or soon after). And though he would not give any hints what so ever, in reading some Instagram posts, and the companies reply to them, I think I've got a decent idea what it might be. Something that came out around the same time as the lil native. Rhymes with Shaman.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

TomAiello wrote:
I really wanted to try the Lil Native, and 4v is one of my top steel choices.

I think I can help, I'll send you an email :)
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:49 pm
I don't think they will. I was talking to one of the guys at St. Nicks and he confirmed what I suspected, they commissioned this knife when the S30V compression lock one had only been out a few months. It was also in the wake of their Delica not selling as well as they had hoped. That's why the run was so small. They weren't even sure if people would like the Lil Native in general, let alone an exclusive. It would take so long to get another batch made, they're not likely to do another. I think they'd rather move onto other things.....
That's interesting. I forgot about the Delica: I was thinking about the (seemingly) extremely popular Para 3 CPM 4V model; but you're right, that one didn't do so well for them. But I think they have a winner with this red G-10/CPM 4V combo, and now that the Lil Native's popularity seems to be established, perhaps they will give it another try.
ZrowsN1s wrote:
.....which might be another exclusive dropping next month (or soon after). And though he would not give any hints what so ever, in reading some Instagram posts, and the companies reply to them, I think I've got a decent idea what it might be. Something that came out around the same time as the lil native. Rhymes with Shaman.
Hopefully some day we'll get to see the whole Golden family get this treatment!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

The next one is gonna be awesome.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
The Meat man wrote:
TomAiello wrote:

.....which might be another exclusive dropping next month (or soon after). Rhymes with Shaman.
Ruh roh! Gonna have to make a hard choice: micarta or red g10? I've been waiting on a sprint to try a Shaman, too, and both cruwear and 4v are very appealing to me. Might come down to which drops first, and if I manage to snag one.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:34 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
The Meat man wrote:
TomAiello wrote:

.....which might be another exclusive dropping next month (or soon after). Rhymes with Shaman.
Ruh roh! Gonna have to make a hard choice: micarta or red g10? I've been waiting on a sprint to try a Shaman, too, and both cruwear and 4v are very appealing to me. Might come down to which drops first, and if I manage to snag one.

Definitely getting both of these. Been waiting for a good Shaman and now it sounds like we will have two pretty soon. Can't wait for this if it is true! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I hope it's true. Could not confirm. Go read the comments on their IG posts about the Lil native. Between those and hearing another one is coming soon, and hearing it's a model that came out around the same time as lil native, shaman seems likely. Dodo is my top priority, but no word on when that's droppin.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
araneae

Post by araneae »

TomAiello wrote:

Ditto. Sucks that they made an insanely short run of these and dropped them during work hours. Not the best business decision either- they sold out in <4 minutes, could have made at least twice as many available and sold all of them same day easy. Worse that the flippers probably snagged 1/4 of them.

4v is a steel I need to try and I love the black/red. Plus my name is Nick... I will just have to hope for a P3 lightweight that drops when I can actually be online.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

TomAiello wrote:

Work is eventually going to ruin my chances of getting the perfect knife, i can feel it.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

You have to keep in mind that when they commissioned this run, they had no idea if this knife would be popular or not, they're previous release didn't fly off the shelves, and it's really really expensive to get an exclusive run made. It's a big gamble for a business to put up that kind of cash.

Yes they probably could have made twice as many and sold them all, but how were they supposed to know that a year ago? Think of the financial consequences for them if it didn't sell. Cut them a little slack for the small run. They're next run is likely to be small too, for the same reasons. Now that their runs are getting traction, maybe they'll expand the numbers a bit. But remember if they commission a big run today, it will be months before you see it.

TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

This one is running about $250 (so sales price +$115) on real sales on eBay. There are some listed much higher, but the actual sales look to be around $250.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

the most i’ve paid for a pocket knife is around $150 and even that’s a stupid amount of money for a pocket knife in my opinion. there are some that i want that cost more than that, but i’ll likely never own them. i can’t imagine ever paying so much for such a small knife.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C