St. Nicks Knives Exclusive hint - Lil Native?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cowboyfromhell

Re: St. Nicks Knives Exclusive hint - Lil Native?

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Definitely wanted one of these but funny how life gets in the way of being in front of a computer with c.c. in hand. Oh well, on a brighter note, I will enjoy that big green egg package I bought earlier today!! Life is good!
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Since it is an exclusive, St. Nick's can order another production run, so if you missed out and are willing to wait, you might get another chance eventually.

I was a little surprised this was such a small run as I had thought there was a higher minimum order required. REC had a small number in their exclusive Para 3, but I think that was a result of a large percentage of blades failing to pass quality checks at Spyderco itself.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

tbdoc4kids wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:21 pm
Since it is an exclusive, St. Nick's can order another production run, so if you missed out and are willing to wait, you might get another chance eventually.

I was a little surprised this was such a small run as I had thought there was a higher minimum order required. REC had a small number in their exclusive Para 3, but I think that was a result of a large percentage of blades failing to pass quality checks at Spyderco itself.
St. Nick's must have commissioned these when the lil native was brand new and its popularity uncertain. So I wonder if spyderco allowed (or required) a smaller batch given the higher risk.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

I see one on the bay already.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

[*]
Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:42 pm
Definitely wanted one of these but funny how life gets in the way of being in front of a computer with c.c. in hand. Oh well, on a brighter note, I will enjoy that big green egg package I bought earlier today!! Life is good!
That "tried" to happen to me -- at 4:00 PM CDT I was sitting in my wife's doctor's office taking part in a conversation, but I had rudely opened my laptop and quickly punched up the site and ordered one. To complicate things, his office is in a hospital and their server won't let you into sites which sell weapons :eek: but I luckily knew that already and had logged my laptop on to my iphone hotspot while in the waiting room :p I had already opened an account at SNK and amazingly, my address etc populated instantly when I selected the knife and clicked the checkout button. Google Chrome autofilled my CC info & BAM, I think I was checked out in ~ 30 seconds. Very lucky considering I've had trouble with my iphone hotspot lately. Can't wait to see the little fellow.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

DougC-3 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:49 pm
To complicate things, his office is in a hospital and their server won't let you into sites which sell weapons :eek: but I luckily knew that already and had logged my laptop on to my iphone hotspot while in the waiting room :p
My son was in the hospital last month for a couple of weeks and I was surprised at how many sites the hospital's firewall was blocking. I use a VPN when on public networks so I didn't realize what was being blocked until my son and wife couldn't access a bunch of sites that I was asking them to look at (mostly alternative medicine stuff) so I installed VPN software on their devices since we spent so much time there.

So tip for anyone that finds themselves in the hospital during an exclusive release, install a VPN (or use your phone as a hot spot) to make sure you get your knife. :D
-Turbo
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

MMGRenovations wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:44 pm
I see one on the bay already.
How much?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

I think it sold. $300
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

restless ghost wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:25 pm
I think it sold. $300
That's insane!! Granted the first exclusive for this model, but no way is it worth that much...at this point. Maybe a few years from now.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

restless ghost wrote:
I think it sold. $300
I don’t see it anymore but it was listed for $300
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

I just checked my email and I got a tracking number. Hopefully it will be here Monday. I can’t wait. I really hope I like this platform. This will be the smallest knife in my collection.
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:27 pm
restless ghost wrote:
I think it sold. $300
That's insane!! Granted the first exclusive for this model, but no way is it worth that much...at this point. Maybe a few years from now.
Well that one was worth $300, cause that's what it sold for ;)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

That is a bit ridiculous on day one but whatever... I was expecting it to be the first CC version I’d see on the Bay and was surprised it was a plain one (again... $300!!?? :confused:). I’m wondering if the total made was truly 350 if they even ran the CC versions. They have only not made CC versions of the SS Kopa in recent memory and I’m not going to be too happy if they did that again. (Also haven’t seen a CC of the Cruwear N5, and am much more hopeful they didn’t forget that one.)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Monty

Post by Monty »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:19 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:41 pm
Monty wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:17 pm
I snagged one, time will tell if it can hold up to replace my dragonfly salts. Some h1/lc200n sprints would be nice.
Agreed! Since there's a lw native salt, I wonder if we'll see a lw lil native salt one day.

Sal has already said months ago that Eric is working on a Lil Native LW, but I don't know if it was ever confirmed to be a backlock or a comp lock. If its a backlock, I would expect a Salt version to match the Native Salt. If it is a comp lock, I would be more surprised.
That's good news. A wood (teak?) handle salt version would be an interesting option for a low maintenance gentleman's pocket knife, especially in humid climates.
attila

Post by attila »

I also wonder what the actual number made was. On their Instagram, SNK said there were 367 for sale during this drop.

Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

They're boxed and ready to go...
-Turbo
archangel

Post by archangel »

timlara wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:36 pm
archangel wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:09 pm
timlara wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:06 pm
Wow. I'm impressed with their web site. I had no problem refreshing and watching the stock number dwindle in real time. I wish more dealers would be that upfront with the inventory status as it's nice to have it available.

Where do you see the quantity in stock?
It just says "out of stock" now, but during the sale, there was a "XXX in stock" message in that same spot. It was decrementing (very rapidly) every time I refreshed the page, which I don't think I've seen before on any other knife retailer's site.

Indeed, see it now at other knives there. Didn't see that while I was testing if I'd get one. Well, didn't really look for anything other than the order button. :D Thanks for explanation.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

bbturbodad wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:00 am
They're boxed and ready to go...
And...already someone on ebay asking $400 for one.
- Julia

archangel

Post by archangel »

MMGRenovations wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 pm
restless ghost wrote:
I think it sold. $300
I don’t see it anymore but it was listed for $300

Hahaha, there are too many sickos out there!
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:55 pm
That is a bit ridiculous on day one but whatever... I was expecting it to be the first CC version I’d see on the Bay and was surprised it was a plain one (again... $300!!?? :confused:). I’m wondering if the total made was truly 350 if they even ran the CC versions. They have only not made CC versions of the SS Kopa in recent memory and I’m not going to be too happy if they did that again. (Also haven’t seen a CC of the Cruwear N5, and am much more hopeful they didn’t forget that one.)
Yeah, Keithkevinken usually does youtube videos on any new CC spydies as soon as he gets them, but he hasn't posted either the lil native or the cruwear native. Wierd.
- Julia