Cru-wear Delica

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: Cru-wear Delica

Post by Sharp Guy »

FK wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:38 am

How do we find how many remaining in stock at dealers ?
Add one to your cart and go to the check out screen. From there you can add a larger amount and update the cart. If they don't have enough to fill the order you'll get a message that says how many they have.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I have my CruDelica in my pocket again today. I have several Delicas including some really nice ones. I think this one might become my favorite daily driver.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Holland

Post by Holland »

Got one! Thanks for posting the links!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
racerx454

Post by racerx454 »

15 left as of now at BHQ. I believe they are the last dealer for these, so get them while the getting's good!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

racerx454 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:40 pm

15 left as of now at BHQ. I believe they are the last dealer for these, so get them while the getting's good!

I believe the 15 is just the max of what they show in stock and let you order. It has been sitting at 15 for hours. Based on the limited number that the other dealers had, and knowing that BHQ usually buys the most exclusives, I would suspect they had a decent chunk of these. I'd guess they bought half of the run. 300 out of 600. Just guessing at all of these numbers, but I don't think 15 is the real number in their current inventory. If you want one I would still grab one now and not take the chance because even if they have 200 left, they will be gone soon enough.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Yup not sure on their numbers either. I got one and called back to get another. Should show 3 left approx. Get em boys!
eddiebob

Post by eddiebob »

I got an order in for two from BladeHQ around 4PM CST. Went back to look at it 15 minutes later and it was sold out. Got my fingers crossed at this point.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

I just got my buddy to buy one at Blade H.Q. Roughly 5 PM Eastern time.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

looks like I missed this one after all... the USPS lost track of mine after it was sent out for delivery and they look to have all sold through :(
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

awa54 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:17 pm
looks like I missed this one after all... the USPS lost track of mine after it was sent out for delivery and they look to have all sold through :(
Mmmm... Hearing this sort of thing makes my blood pressure spike. I have to deliberately set aside the thought of all the times carriers (esp. UPS and USPS) have failed for me. The biggest issue I have with it is that they just don't seem to care when a mistake happens. Things go wrong, sure, and I can accept that, but the response is blasé blasé. I'm sorry about your Delica man :(
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
awa54

Post by awa54 »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:02 pm
awa54 wrote:
Mmmm... Hearing this sort of thing makes my blood pressure spike. I have to deliberately set aside the thought of all the times carriers (esp. UPS and USPS) have failed for me. The biggest issue I have with it is that they just don't seem to care when a mistake happens. Things go wrong, sure, and I can accept that, but the response is blasé blasé. I'm sorry about your Delica man :(

Fortunately my local P.O. isn't like that, after a call to the Postmaster I feel confident that if it's at the sorting center it will be found and delivered and I know our carrier well enough to be certain that there's no foul play in delivery. On top of that KnivesPlus has told me that they'll make good on delivering me a CruWear Delica if it doesn't arrive eventually, which is above and beyond my normal customer service expectations these days!
-David

JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

awa54 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:30 am
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:02 pm
awa54 wrote:

Fortunately my local P.O. isn't like that, after a call to the Postmaster I feel confident that if it's at the sorting center it will be found and delivered and I know our carrier well enough to be certain that there's no foul play in delivery. On top of that KnivesPlus has told me that they'll make good on delivering me a CruWear Delica if it doesn't arrive eventually, which is above and beyond my normal customer service expectations these days!
Well that's good ;)
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
awa54

Post by awa54 »

All's well that ends well, and my replacement CruLica arrived safe and sound!

Thanks again Knives Plus!

The only problem is that now I have to swap my Flytanium CF scales off the VG-10 damascus blade and on to the CruWear Delica... I suppose I'll survive the exertion ;)
-David

Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Two night ago I screwed up, went to cut some plastic vegetation they put in aquariums with my Cruwear Delica.

Went to slice through it and the blade skipped it was late and I thought hmm tough plastic so choking up on the knife bore down and really dug in.

Aww crap!!! Hidden metal wire, looked at the blade and yep sure enough plastic deformation without chipping. I thought way to go dummy!

Tried evening it out on a brown Spyderco bench stone and realized this is a slow boat to China.

Broke out the Wicked Edge pro3 decided well now is a great time to profile this exactly with a digital angle cube.

Started with 600 grit diamond paddles and worked the grit procession to .5 Microns. Blade is now a true 15 degrees per side and wow does it slice!

Love how little time it takes to make Cruwear hair popping and tree topping sharp. Repair and reprofile a cinch! Fantastic steel in a fantastic design!
NWPilgrim

Post by NWPilgrim »

awa54 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:11 pm

The only problem is that now I have to swap my Flytanium CF scales off the VG-10 damascus blade and on to the CruWear Delica... I suppose I'll survive the exertion ;)
That is amazing customer service from Knives Plus! Making good on a limited run knife the USPS lost. Impressive personal attitude.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

awa54 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Excellent! And thanks for sharing - always good to know who has great customer service. Good on Knives Plus!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I noticed that my Cruwear Delica is developing a patina quite a bit faster than any of my Golden Cruwear models are. Under basically the same conditions and care. I wonder if the heat treat protocol is is slightly different between Seki and Golden? Anyone else notice this?

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Interesting. Neither my Cruwear Manix or my Cruwear delica have developed much of a patina, but I do keep a very light coat of mineral oil on them usually. As an aside...nice collection!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Very surprising...though I do like that blue hue yours has developed.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:16 pm
I noticed that my Cruwear Delica is developing a patina quite a bit faster than any of my Golden Cruwear models are. Under basically the same conditions and care. I wonder if the heat treat protocol is is slightly different between Seki and Golden? Anyone else notice this?

Nice collection. Question: what did you do to create that finish on the pocket clips on the pm2 and para 3