Cru-wear Delica

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: Cru-wear Delica

Post by steelcity16 »

cycleguy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:56 pm
I got home from work mid afternoon and found my notice from DLT ... it said - extremely limited quantities limit of 1. Came here next and read that they were sold out. Just checked for myself and found the same.

CG

Still 21 in stock at KnivesPlus
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
PStone

Post by PStone »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:34 pm

Thanx, appreciate you took the time!! :)
So am I. I was only comparing specs online. I never took the time to actually measure. I have even avoided swapping either delica because I thought they had thinner stock this whole time and wouldn’t work with other variations’ parts. So right now, I actually feel it’s good to be wrong sometimes. :o
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

How does the wholesaler/distributor decide which dealers and how many???

Also, did the distributor determine the quantity limit of 1 ... as it appears to be the rule at the dealers???

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

cycleguy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:01 pm
How does the wholesaler/distributor decide which dealers and how many???

CG

My guess would be that the wholesaler commissions the run and determines the quantity based upon a back of the napkin demand forecast (PM2/Para 3 will always have a ton of demand so most seem to max out the quantity, where something like a Lil Native or Dodo they may be more conservative) in addition to how much money they can afford to tie up in a run and all of this has to be between some arbitrary minimum and maximum which I am guessing is between 300 (min order) and 1200 (max for each run). As for which dealers, I am guessing they go down the list of dealers they normally sell to and shoot them an email with the details and ask how many they want. Sometimes one dealer buys the entire run from the distributor.

These are all just guesses based on conversations I have had in the past with different dealers and distributors.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

only 2 left in stock at KnivesPlus!! :eek:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

It looks like River Edge Cutlery has them in stock, but the listing is only for people who reserved them.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Still "Coming Soon" at BHQ. Looks that that will be the last place to grab them.
PStone

Post by PStone »

Mine just got delivered. I gotta say, it’s pretty nice. Smooth open and close, nicely centered, and scary sharp. Had a generous coating of oil, and I sliced right through the rag while lightly wiping it down. And the grind lines on the blade seem almost like a work of art. I’d say the color is just a tad darker than the frcp maxamets. Very happy :D
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I received mine today. It's a really nice knife. I mean, the Delica is a great knife period. With tool steel this thing is even more fantastic. It's bitey as heck like M4 is. This is my first knife in Cruwear. The gray looks darker than the standard gray VG-10 Delica.

I don't know if this is the first Delica that has Sal's logo on the back, but I like it. I think the maker logos are cool on the back of knives.

The clip is a titanium model off of a Salt 2 that I stripped and heat anodized. I want the clip to be a bit more discreet.

-David
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Fred Sanford wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:42 pm

The clip is a titanium model off of a Salt 2 that I stripped and heat anodized. I want the clip to be a bit more discreet.

-David
I like how that clip looks David. I think I'm going start doing that to some of mine. Any info on how to strip and heat anodize?

Edit: Disregard, I just noticed you said it was a titanium model off a Salt 2
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Mine was delivered today as well, but of course I'm out of town until tomorrow! :rolleyes: LOL Just my luck!
-Nick :bug-red
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:50 pm
only 2 left in stock at KnivesPlus!! :eek:
Out of stock.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I'm out of town, too, so have to wait on mine. But from these pics, the scales actually look gray, not the dark blue-gray of the emerson dragonfly's "dark gray." Think this might be a good candidate for a RIT job...
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

As expected, had this one waiting for me in my mailbox!

Quick comparison shot between the VTOKU2 Blue/Grey FRN and the Cru-wear Dark Grey FRN. Also an all black Delica as a control comparison with black. The difference between the two grey FRN models is subtle but it's there.
VTOKU2 on the left Cruwear in the center
-Nick :bug-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Rivers Edge Cutlery has a few left going live at 12:00 PM EST
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:46 pm
As expected, had this one waiting for me in my mailbox!

Quick comparison shot between the VTOKU2 Blue/Grey FRN and the Cru-wear Dark Grey FRN. Also an all black Delica as a control comparison with black. The difference between the two grey FRN models is subtle but it's there.
VTOKU2 on the left Cruwear in the center
Thanks! Think I might try to make this one a blue-gray as well.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I played part time Rancher for about 5 days last week and over the weekend, taking care of a herd of 12 horses. Fortunately, my new Cruwear Delica arrived Sat afternoon. I tend to stray to other knives, but each time I switch back to a Delica, I am reminded how great of a design it is. While I was playing Rancher, I used the Delica alot.
It's got a great handle length with plenty of room (grooves fit my fingers well). While I do prefer a longer blade, the 3" length is a perfect length for all of my practical purposes. Back lock isn't sexy, but is dead reliable, hand agnostic, literally everyone knows how to use a backlock, single hand closeable, and has a bias to closed. Overall a thin and lightweight knife that does every job needed and is very unobtrusive in the pocket.
Cruwear is just icing on the cake.
Love it!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

My Cruwear Delica just arrived. I really like the dark grey. I think it's better than the blue-grey used on V-Toku sprints. Might have to think about moving my V-Toku Delica. I suddenly find myself with an abundance of Delicas. :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Anyone who didn't get one already good luck. I called Rivers Edge cutlery at 12:04 and they sold out within a minute.
Anyone know of another distributor?
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

In stock now at Knifecenter