Paging DAYWALKER

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
greencobra

Paging DAYWALKER

Post by greencobra »

Hello DAYWALKER. Your from the islands. When I was Jr High age, I lived on Oahu for a few years. My dad was a civillian worker at Pearl Harbor. As time goes on, I think about my time there and have a desire to get back and revisit the places of my youth. I know from your posts you don't live on Oahu. I lived in Kailua, Waipahu, Pearl City and finally Honolulu. That would have been in Waikiki. Our apartment's back yard was Diamond Head. I remember one Christmas my parents gave me binoculars so I could watch the people walk around the rim. Wow, this is going back. We would have probably stayed on the Islands but a family emergency made the folks have to return to the east coast. Do you remember the Hawaii Islanders Baseball Team? I think they were a SF Giants farm club but not 100% on that. I don't think they are around now, are they? Spent a lot of summer nights watching them. Anyway, hello from Boston and thanks for the ramble.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha greencobra!!!

W :eek: W!!! Cool man! I lived in Kahala, do you recall them townhouses right across Kahala Mall? Then, I moved to Aiea, right above Pearlridge, Shopping Center, then to Alewa Heights...kinda more like Nuuanu or "Upper Kalihi". Got into most of my fights while i was living in this area. :mad:
Moved to the Big Island in 97...Honolulu was just getting TOO crazy for me. I dunno how you could have lived in Waikiki! LOL! What years if I may ask, did you live in those areas?

I remember the baseball team...I got a friend who is into all of that, so I can ask him about it. Back then, I was more into the surfing and "pre-XGames" BMX Freestyle and racing. :p

Good to hear from you greencobra! Feel free to PM or email me next time...LOL, when I saw the thread, I was like, "Oh great...he's gonna tell me to knock off the Star Wars postings!" LOL!

God bless ;)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)