Where is my Bow River ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pancake

Re: Where is my Bow River ?

Post by Pancake »

BornIn1500
Well now I am a bit confused. Because I have found some pictures with and without that front divot
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

Huh, well that's strange. I found the video that pic is from. It seems like they may have dropped that divot from the design. :confused:

https://youtu.be/Oi1Bu4SfwWM?t=113
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Well it doesnt matter. We just need the knife, thats it....I wonder what is going on with this model. like I get it, Sal want to have every knife to be perfect and some models like Paysan took a long time to perfect...but still,I just want to buy this one.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

I just wish we could get some info on the sheath or the drop date for this one.. anything would be welcome at this point..
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Just kidding, I know that Spyderco will make a sheath at some point.....
emanuel

Post by emanuel »

PLEASE, just give me the knife I don't need no sheath! :D
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

Come onnnnnnn.... give us some details!
fixall

Post by fixall »

BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

Not much talk about this on here anymore. I wonder if interest has waned or if we all just accepted we may not see this until next year.
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Any waiting has an apex,after which the interest drops close to nothing.I was sooo eager to get the BR,when i first see it,and now i'm between meh and don't bother.I doubt we will ever see the BR,on the market but at this point i wouldn't buy it anyway.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Whatever sheath they give it you can bet it will have a bad plastic smell hahaha
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

spyderwolf wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:20 am
Any waiting has an apex,after which the interest drops close to nothing.I was sooo eager to get the BR,when i first see it,and now i'm between meh and don't bother.I doubt we will ever see the BR,on the market but at this point i wouldn't buy it anyway.
This may be true for a $200 knife, but a $35 Spyderco fixed blade is going to move a lot of units. Especially if the sheath doesn't suck.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I know you're all anxious but why get upset about it? Do you think Spyderco's forgotten about it? My guess is there's been some issue that they're trying sort out before they deliver it. I'd rather they get it right than send out something below their high standards just to put something in our hands.

And as far as interest dropping, I'm sure it happens. I've gone to the mindset of...when it happens it happens. It's a Phil Wilson designed knife for $32. You bet I'll still buy it when it finally drops. I might even buy two, one for each hand. Stating that you doubt that we'll ever see it and you wouldn't buy it anyway is just childish. Up to you though, nobody's forcing you to buy anything.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Yeah, I'm not upset about it although it would have been cool to have for my camping trips that are pretty much over for the year. Oh well, like someone else said a $35 fixed blade Spyderco is too cool to not give it a try. I'll be grabbing one if and when it releases.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Cscottsss wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:02 am
Yeah, I'm not upset about it although it would have been cool to have for my camping trips that are pretty much over for the year. Oh well, like someone else said a $35 fixed blade Spyderco is too cool to not give it a try. I'll be grabbing one if and when it releases.
Camping is a year round pleasure :D

hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I have big hands. :unicorn
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Vivi wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:10 am
Cscottsss wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:02 am
Camping is a year round pleasure :D
I agree. I live in a cold part of the country and I camp all winter. :)

Technically it is a hunting knife and we still have a little time left here before hunting season. I don’t find the Southfork’s handle to be hand filling enough for camp work. I predict that the Bow River handle will be similar. It is a great handle for game processing and camp food prep though.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I'm still excited to try it. I love beater fixed blades.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Supacede

Post by Supacede »

spyderwolf wrote:

Don't forget your signature quote, spyderwolf..
:D
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Supacede wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:55 pm
spyderwolf wrote:

Don't forget your signature quote, spyderwolf..
:D
My post was inspired by it :)
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:47 am
I know you're all anxious but why get upset about it? Do you think Spyderco's forgotten about it? My guess is there's been some issue that they're trying sort out before they deliver it. I'd rather they get it right than send out something below their high standards just to put something in our hands.

And as far as interest dropping, I'm sure it happens. I've gone to the mindset of...when it happens it happens. It's a Phil Wilson designed knife for $32. You bet I'll still buy it when it finally drops. I might even buy two, one for each hand. Stating that you doubt that we'll ever see it and you wouldn't buy it anyway is just childish. Up to you though, nobody's forcing you to buy anything.
Beautiful thing,a child mids is,like Yoda said.Let me know how you like it,maybe it will came out with a laser blade.