It`s official folks: New Star Trek Series: "Picard"!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

It`s official folks: New Star Trek Series: "Picard"!

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

They are creating a new Star Trek series: "Star Trek: Picard". This will be more serialized than "The Next Generation", "Voyager" or others.

It is set about 20 years after the events of the last Star Trek The Next Generation feature film, "Nemesis", and will focus primarilly on what Picard as a retired Star Fleet officer is doing, though it will have all the original cast in it at times, allegedly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Picard

https://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-picard/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8806524/

If you remember, Commander Data the android was destroyed in Star Trek: Nemesis, sacrificing his android life to save the crew.
Naperville

Re: It`s official folks: New Star Trek Series: "Picard"!

Post by Naperville »

I'll have to check it out later. CBS would not show me the trailer b/c I'm using the Brave browser which deletes adds and prevents fingerprinting.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Sounds good to me!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm sorry I grew up on Captain Kook and Mr. Spook :rolleyes: And any new rendition of Star Trek is like counterfeit money to me. Really looking in retrospect I don't even think that Gene Roddenberry and the others even realized what they had until it was canceled. I've seen all the newer renditions of Star Trek and they are all dudds compared to the original IMO.
Now during the mid 70s there was a science fiction show with Martin Landeau and it had a similar theme to Star Trek and I wish I could remember the name of it because it was truly a great TV show.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I am a huge Star Trek fan. The latest show is the worst. I hope Picard will not follow in that vein. Too many snowflakes and immoral boobs writing fir the latest ST show. Even the newer movies just could not stay true to anything ST or good. The Undiscovered Country was the last really good movie. Some if TNG movies were okay. We needed aDeep Space 9 movie.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
I_like_knives

Post by I_like_knives »

Cant wait! I grew up watching TNG here and there. Not every episode. I mean, it interested me, but I was a kid, I had other things to do. Lol.

I watched the entire series on Netflix a few years ago. I enjoyed every minute of it. Then I tried to get into some of the other shows too. Voyager was decent, but I had a hard time sticking with the other newer ones.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:04 pm
I'm sorry I grew up on Captain Kook and Mr. Spook :rolleyes: And any new rendition of Star Trek is like counterfeit money to me. Really looking in retrospect I don't even think that Gene Roddenberry and the others even realized what they had until it was canceled. I've seen all the newer renditions of Star Trek and they are all dudds compared to the original IMO.
Now during the mid 70s there was a science fiction show with Martin Landeau and it had a similar theme to Star Trek and I wish I could remember the name of it because it was truly a great TV show.

Space 1999 for Martin Landau, where he was Commander John Koenig in charge of Moonbase Alpha? I agree, it was indeed a great science fiction TV show, especially the second season.
Last edited by Water Bug on Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Sounds interesting, but I'm more of a Captain Kirk fan. Captain Picard was okay, but Captain Kirk kept things action-packed.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!