Almite Walker CZ06PS Experimental Photos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
UK KEN

Almite Walker CZ06PS Experimental Photos

Post by UK KEN »

Hello All!

I have just picked up a knife to add to my collection :D It is the Walker CX06PS Experimental. The blade is AUS-8 and was made in Seli-City Japan. The handle is almite coated aluminium and is almost black! Looks good! The box is marked 1/98.

I haven't seen another of these for sale so when it became available I grabbed it! Thanks Danny!

Regards, Ken
Attachments
WALKERS.jpg
WALKERS.jpg (89.88 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
WALKER 2.jpg
WALKER 2.jpg (98.01 KiB) Viewed 2590 times

Post by 224477 »

Ken,

congratulations to the new piece! :)
Looks good!
timlara

Post by timlara »

:eek: AWESOME, Ken!! :eek:

I've never seen one of those before! (Very nice job on the photos, as well!)

Congrats on the catch!
Tim
Rob

Post by Rob »

Wow! Great score, Ken!

I think that I'll have to get myself one of the "new" Almite Walkers this year :D

Cheers, Rob
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

UK Ken, Nice find! The charcoal black Almite coated Walker was an exclusive for Ironstone (which is now the Spyderco Factory Outlet) in late 1997, early 1998. They are difficult to find - I've seen very few surface in recent years. :D

Joyce @ Spyderco
UK KEN

Thank you!

Post by UK KEN »

Joyce Laituri wrote:UK Ken, Nice find! The charcoal black Almite coated Walker was an exclusive for Ironstone (which is now the Spyderco Factory Outlet) in late 1997, early 1998. They are difficult to find - I've seen very few surface in recent years. :D

Joyce @ Spyderco
Joyce

Thank you for the information. I had looked through "the book" but couldn't find a mention of it so these details are useful for me. :)

Regards, Ken
butch

Post by butch »

well i had found out alittle late about how hard cx06 are to find. had the frn walker so i had to have the exp6 loved the first one so much got more as that was all spyderco had left the first one has long been used up as is the 2nd the pieces are all thats left. i keep the 3rd on me all most all the time. that brings me to now, i had just found out how few there were made about a year ago and have been kicking my self lucky for me i still have one nib and it will stay that way. cant wait to get the new ones so i have some more users but know you know what happened to 4 cx06ps Image
davec

Post by davec »

Ouch, Butch! It's good to know that you really use your knives hard! :)
butch

Post by butch »

i have just started looking for :eek: dress / safe queen :spyder: s been use n since 88 i think, frn endura was the first but i do love my walkers. sure is hard to tell from the pic
Senate

Post by Senate »

Ken, I think I'm gonna start hanging around the BB forum a little more... ;)

Butch, please put the remaining CX06 yu got in a drawer and wait for the official release later this year, you're killing us dude! :)
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Ken,

Have you not had enough of "rubbing my nose in it" over on Brit Blades because I lost out, you have to do it here as well!!!!!!!! :mad:

God bless and good score! :p

Simon.
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
UK KEN

Well Hello!

Post by UK KEN »

Simon G wrote:Ken,

Have you not had enough of "rubbing my nose in it" over on Brit Blades because I lost out, you have to do it here as well!!!!!!!! :mad:

God bless and good score! :p

Simon.
Simon

I wondered when you were going to drop in ;) Sorry mate, I had to have a bit of a gloat! It is usually me that misses out on these ones. :D

Cheers, Ken
Spidernoir

Post by Spidernoir »

Do we know the release date on the new Walkers?
The General

Post by The General »

Good catch Ken! I saw it for sale and thought Woo Hoo then Doh as someone had beat me to it! :eek:
My real name is Wayne :D
UK KEN

Early Bird!

Post by UK KEN »

The General wrote:Good catch Ken! I saw it for sale and thought Woo Hoo then Doh as someone had beat me to it! :eek:

Hello Sir!

Only 12 other people had looked at the post when I first looked at it. Some knives you just have to bite the bullet and grab'em! The fact that I'd not seen one before made the decision to buy pretty easy. :) I haven't been visiting British Blades very frequently recently so I suppose luck plays a part too.

"To think.....I almost hesitated!" ;)

Ken
CKE

Post by CKE »

Congrats Ken. Never seen one of those before. Great pics too :)
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha UK KEN!!!

Great pics of a great knife! The :spyder: Walker is one of my faves...

BTW, what is that cut-out on the right side scale for? Sorry, I have not been getting much sleep, and I just worked the Special Holds Unit so... :o

God bless :cool:

PS: I'll let you know "when!"
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
UK KEN

One for Spyderco!

Post by UK KEN »

DAYWALKER wrote:Aloha UK KEN!!!

BTW, what is that cut-out on the right side scale for?
Hello Chad

Good to hear from you mate :D As far as the cut out is concerned....I had wondered about that myself. It seems to serve no mechanical purpose other than (just a guess) to provide a method for pushing the lock into place if ever it became too weak through use to properly engage it's self :confused:

Regards, Ken
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Brother!

Hmmmmm, interesting. Does anyone know for sure?! BTW, keep up the great work on your site!!!

God bless you UK KEN! :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

No worries Daywalker, for one time Ken is wrong. It is there to provide room for your finger when the knife is closed. If it was not there you could not do the Spydie-drop with it.