My PM2 is cursed!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tps3443

My PM2 is cursed!

Post by tps3443 »

Someone on here said my knife was cursed, and to sell it immediately! They may be right.

Check this out.

This happen last Wednesday, and I accidentally stabbed my self. It bled like no bodies business, and since I can actually kinda use my hand now. I figured I’d share a current photo that I just took today.

It literally has a Wicked Edge, and tip too for sure! I’ve been one handed for a few days now.

It went in over a inch slicing bone, tendon, nerve, and cartilage around the knuckle of my index finger.

This is ultimately my fault, and I do not think it is really cursed. I love my knife! My Microtech OTF will be here Monday yay.

“My daily razor blade”
Microtech Stitch CTS-204P stonewashed blade
Microtech Dirac Delta CTS-204P Black DLC
^Wicked Edge guided system^
Chris_P_Bacon

Re: My PM2 is cursed!

Post by Chris_P_Bacon »

That would of been our good brother
Evil D wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:12 pm
Sell it and delete all pictures of it. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Had one just like this once. I've never been cut so many times by one single knife. It was possessed.
http://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php ... 6#p1344626

Can't say he didn't warn you :p
Currently have 163 :spyder: 's & 41 different steels.
Bench Stones Atoma Diamond Plate 140,400,600,1200. Naniwa Chosera 400,800,1000,3000,5000.
Shapton Glass 1000,6000. Suehiro Rika 5000. Shapton Pro 320,1000,2000,5000,8000.
Naniwa Bonded Diamond 400,600,800,1000,3000,6000. Venev Gen2 OCB Combo Diamond 800/1200.
Spyderco 306UF, 306CBN. Doublestuff2 303FCBN2, & 204MF Sharpmaker w/204CBN for Spidie Edges.
Want List Steels 15V, S125V, K490, M398, Magnacut, S390, SRS-15, Vanadis 8, Vanax SC, Vancron SC,
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

OUCH! That must have hurt badly. That is a sharp knife.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Do a search for "Darkside". Evil knife. Bad mojo.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

This was the first time I ever stabbed my self. And the morning after it happen, my hand hurt so severely I couldn’t even put a T-shirt on my self without experience extreme pain and discomfort. The simplest tasked turned in to one handed operation. This was by far the worst knife related injury I’ve ever had.
“My daily razor blade”
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

That edge is a thing of beauty.
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

Sober_Survival wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:04 pm
That edge is a thing of beauty.
Thank you. I did it myself.
“My daily razor blade”
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Imageexptic names

Got bit by a hair whittling byrd cara cara 2 a few months ago. From that cut to the tip of my finger is numb, and likely always will be to an extent. To say it bled was an understatement. I was breaking down a large piece of cardboard. I made a cut on a big piece and stopped at the fold. Repositioned my hands to cut again, and the flap came down and hit the spine of the knife as soon as I began to cut, tilting the blade toward my finger. I feel your pain. Best of luck healing.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

Pelagic wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:30 pm
Imageexptic names

Got bit by a hair whittling byrd cara cara 2 a few months ago. From that cut to the tip of my finger is numb, and likely always will be to an extent. To say it bled was an understatement. I ewas breaking down a large piece of cardboard. I made a cut on a big piece and stopped at the fold. Repositioned my hands to cut again, and the flap came down and hit the spine of the knife as soon as I began to cut, tilting the blade toward my finger. I feel your pain. Best of luck healing.
Thanks for sharing! That sure looks like a deep cut.
“My daily razor blade”
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

tps3443 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:45 pm
Pelagic wrote:
Imageexptic names

Got bit by a hair whittling byrd cara cara 2 a few months ago. From that cut to the tip of my finger is numb, and likely always will be to an extent. To say it bled was an understatement. I ewas breaking down a large piece of cardboard. I made a cut on a big piece and stopped at the fold. Repositioned my hands to cut again, and the flap came down and hit the spine of the knife as soon as I began to cut, tilting the blade toward my finger. I feel your pain. Best of luck healing.
Thanks for sharing! That sure looks like a deep cut.
Straight to the bone.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I don't have any pictures but I have a scar on the palm of my left hand from a goofy martial arts training incident where I almost put a knife clear through my left hand.

The tip did not completely pierce my hand, from the palm to the back-side of my hand. All of the tendons and muscle tissue were pushed up above the surface of my left hand. The tissue took a few days to settle back down. I had stitches to close the cut. The DR said, I saved myself many thousands of dollars and at least one operation to reattach severed tendons.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Mattysc42

Post by Mattysc42 »

Although it healed surprisingly well with a bit of scarring, I cut off a .5x1x1cm (Deep x Width x Length) chunk of my thumb, just barely missing the bone while testing a knife’s sharpness on a pallet strap.

Somehow, when the strap snapped, the the blade rubberbanded in a way that resulted in cutting me even when the finger in question was several inches behind the knife with the edge facing the other way.

BRING ON THE MANIX XL SPRINTS AND EXCLUSIVES! And 10v or K390ify the Golden lineup, please.

Top 5 folders I’ve owned: Serrated Caribbean Leaf, Shaman, Manix XL, ZDP-189/CF Caly 3.5, Native LW.
Top 5 steels I’ve owned: LC200N, K390, CPM S90V, M390, CPM REX45.
Top 3 steels I want more of: M390 class, A11 class (including K390), CPM REX45.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

The PM2 has got quite a stabby blade lol
Pelagic wrote:
I have some small amount of nerve damage to a finger as a result of a knife cut years ago, and strangely, the fingernail on that one doesn't grow quite evenly... Weird.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
awa54

Post by awa54 »

tps3443 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:47 am
Someone on here said my knife was cursed, and to sell it immediately! They may be right.

Check this out.

This happen last Wednesday, and I accidentally stabbed my self. It bled like no bodies business, and since I can actually kinda use my hand now. I figured I’d share a current photo that I just took today.

It literally has a Wicked Edge, and tip too for sure! I’ve been one handed for a few days now.

It went in over a inch slicing bone, tendon, nerve, and cartilage around the knuckle of my index finger.

This is ultimately my fault, and I do not think it is really cursed. I love my knife! My Microtech OTF will be here Monday yay.

I hope you had this looked at by a medical pro, if you damaged the tendon and nerves in your index finger that could wind up being a much more severe injury than just a "bad cut"...

I've had my share of sticks and slices (though more on sharp metal in cars than from knives), but none that actually cut in to a tendon and only one that permanently severed nerves (my left thumb tip is nerve dead from a kitchen mishap involving onions and an 8" chef's knife).

So much for the old adage of a dull knife being more dangerous than a sharp one!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
James Y

Post by James Y »

The worst-ever knife wound I ever got was 4 years ago, when a Cold Steel Code 4 closed on my right index finger, right onto the last knuckle before the finger nail. I went to urgent care immediately, and it had cut thr tendon. I was bizarrely calm throughout the whole ordeal, even more relaxed about it than the doctor who initially saw me. My finger was splinted for 2 months, then required more months of physical therapy. I really had to work hard to regain the ROM in my finger. I lost 4 months of work. My finger is mostly normal, except that the last joint on that finger will never straighten 100% to the degree that it used to (though it's pretty slight), and there is some scar tissue around that last knuckle, so there is some slight numbness there as well. It could have been much worse.

The knife itself cut me when I stupidly tried to one-hand close it, and the speed with which it slammed shut was like a guillotine. Yes, it was user error in my part, but it goes to show that if you're not careful, even a knife with the so-called "world's strongest folding knife lock" can still be dangerous during the unlocking phase. A word of advice: avoid one-hand closing a Tri-ad Locking knife, but if you think you have to, be extra mindful.

Jim
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Ouch. OP, I hope you heal well and fast.

We have a dangerous love affair with our hobbies. Often, we might take safety fir granted because we actually know what to do. This is a good reminder to be extra cautious.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
standy99

Post by standy99 »

I was a butcher for 20 years and had a few cuts ;) Seen some even worse ones by others :eek: ( watched a apprentice slice his nose in half breaking up a hindquarter of beef )
I won’t bore you with details of each.

Remember the Best cut is a clean cut with a sharp knife :D
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Dang TPS, heal well.
Have you named the demonic thing yet? I suggest Annabelle or Damian.