NFL Preview of 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Sober_Survival

Re: NFL Preview of 2019-2020

Post by Sober_Survival »

We hung on to JDR too long, Blake Bottles too long, Gus Bradley was a flop... Tom Coughlin is getting **** together though, year before we made it to the AFC championship.

Man... I don't think Tyreek Hill is gonna play another snap in the NFL. I hope he doesn't.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Gruden is a good coach... AT ALL. He's great as a commentator, but he won his SB in Tampa with Dungys team.
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

by the way, Bortles nickname around the Jax Beach bars / clubs really was Bottles. Drank like a fish.
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Will be very interesting to see what happens with Hill. Take him out of the equation, and that offense is much less terrifying. The guy can do it all, and all of it with INCREDIBLE speed. Really a joy to watch, and nightmare to play against in fantasy football haha.

I also wonder if Williams can really hold up and be THE GUY at runningback this year?? He played great when given the opportunity last year, but makes me wonder why he was a career backup. Maybe it's the system? I just wonder how he will fare for a full 16 game slate. Kind of like James Connor started to fall off a bit for the Steelers down the stretch last year, not used to the full season of wear and tear. Only time will tell!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sober_Survival wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:58 am
We hung on to JDR too long, Blake Bottles too long, Gus Bradley was a flop... Tom Coughlin is getting **** together though, year before we made it to the AFC championship.

Man... I don't think Tyreek Hill is gonna play another snap in the NFL. I hope he doesn't.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Gruden is a good coach... AT ALL. He's great as a commentator, but he won his SB in Tampa with Dungys team.
Oh I kindly and respectfully disagree with you about the Tyreek Hill situation. Now before he got this lawyer that he has now I would have agreed with you 100%. But this new lawyer he's got has been doing some dealing under the table and has also been cutting some deals. If worse comes to worse they will get his girlfriend to plead guilty to the whole thing just so he can stay in a Chief's uniform and keep bringing in the big bucks. Because if they end up having to play it that way they will still be in the driver's seat so to speak. Before he got this present attorney I thought his NFL career was over>> I don't think that at all now. Because if they were going to give him the ax I think it would have already been done. No they are making a deal behind the scenes I'm sure of it.

And in spite of all the insanity the majority of the Chief's fans still want him back on the field. I'm predicting maybe a 4 game suspension and him having to get some high dollar counseling and possibly community service>> but other than that he'll be back. At this point I would be truly shocked if anything worse than that was to happen. Or he might not even have it that bad. Because if the NFL would have had enough to dump him out of the league I think it would have already been a done deal>> and it isn't>> and I don't think it will be either>> because the legal system is already dropping the case for the most part. Also the Mainstream Media witch hunt is pretty much over at this point too. It's all in the hands of the NFL at this point and like it or not Mr. Hill is also a big part of their bottom line>> $$$$$$$

But we'll know within the next 3 weeks I'm certain of that.
Knifemom117

Post by Knifemom117 »

I am really hoping my Vikings can pull through this year. I was not overly impressed with Cousins last year and I personally think we should have kept Keenum. I'm unsure if the bet stands this year but in previous years my boyfriend and I (we like different teams) said that if the Vikings get a ring then so do I. SKOL!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I was wrong>> I thought for sure that Tyreek Hill was going to get suspended for at least 4 games. But we just got the news that the NFL has released Tyreek Hill for training camp starting a week from today. The radio stations are really buzzing here today. I'm actually surprised that he didn't at least get some type of suspension. I knew that Hill was going to be back on the team but not getting any time off really did surprise me a lot.

Yes it's official the Tyreek Hill saga is now officially over. He'll be in uniform for the opening game.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I thought for sure he would face some kind of suspension too. Kind of crazy to think that he isn't actually. :confused:
Not a good look for the league, in my opinion.

If anything though, this has me even more hopeful that Josh Gordon will be reinstated and back on the Patriots roster week 1!
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:57 pm
I thought for sure he would face some kind of suspension too. Kind of crazy to think that he isn't actually. :confused:

If anything though, this has me even more hopeful that Josh Gordon will be reinstated and back on the Patriots roster week 1!
I just knew in my gut that when he got that new attorney that they were up to something. The entire scenario completely changed, the attitude of the media seemed to change and more and more Chief's fans were changing their minds and wanting him back.
Here's my bottom line: The NFL is all about tickets, gate receipts and pay TV contracts>> and Tyreek Hill was a cash cow in all three of those categories. I do believe that some type of behind the scenes deal was made. Because I bet if he even gets so much as a speeding ticket they will come down hard on him. This may be his very last chance. But trust me they made a deal of some sort. I know how these attorneys work..
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mushroom wrote:

Talk about the biggest waste of talent ever! He is a freakish athlete and one heck of a football player...when he rarely has his head on straight. He has to the opportunity to play with the greatest franchise over the past 20 years or so now, the greatest quarterback of all time throwing him the ball and to be coached by the greatest coach of all time...imo, even though I hate to admit those things haha :p

Someday he's going to reflect on himself in his 20's and realize the amazing opportunities he had, and literally smoked them away. Pretty sad.

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Knifemom117 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:16 am
I am really hoping my Vikings can pull through this year. I was not overly impressed with Cousins last year and I personally think we should have kept Keenum. I'm unsure if the bet stands this year but in previous years my boyfriend and I (we like different teams) said that if the Vikings get a ring then so do I. SKOL!
I've always kind of liked the Vikings. I was really highly disappointed that Brett Favre wasn't able to pull of a Superbowl for them. He had a good team behind him and all the vital players in place and he almost pulled it off. I do believe that the Saints truly did do some type of bounty hunt on him to injure him at all costs. And I do believe that Sean Payton was behind it. Payton for sure deserved that suspension he got.

It's also crazy that when Favre was 43 years old that the Rams tried to get him to come out of retirement. Even at that age they considered him better than most.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:43 am
Mushroom wrote:

Talk about the biggest waste of talent ever! He is a freakish athlete and one heck of a football player...when he rarely has his head on straight. He has to the opportunity to play with the greatest franchise over the past 20 years or so now, the greatest quarterback of all time throwing him the ball and to be coached by the greatest coach of all time...imo, even though I hate to admit those things haha :p

Someday he's going to reflect on himself in his 20's and realize the amazing opportunities he had, and literally smoked them away. Pretty sad.
Not sure by what you mean by all of that :confused: Are you talking about Tyreek Hill or Josh Gordon?? Because Hill didn't get suspended>> they've let him back into the league. Oh I agree with you that Hill has a bad behavior problem. But again it never fails to amaze me to see what a really good attorney can pull off in the USA.
But these guys with super talent truly do get treated differently than most players do. If this would have been some no-name lineman or some mediocre defensive player I do believe his punishment would have been completely different. But don't forget this is America>> the land where lawyers make super deals under the table. Money talks and BS walks>> as Don King would say ONLY IN AMERICA BABY!!!!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I was talking about Josh Gordon. I should have been more specific...though talking about the greatest franchise, quarterback and coach should have been a dead give away :p

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:43 am
Mushroom wrote:

You're right, it's really disappointing to see so much talent be wasted. Fortunately, I think much of what you said may have sank in with him after his most recent incident. (At least I hope)
I've been staying updated on team news as much as I can and have heard good reports about his health and recovery. There have also been reports and posts on social media showing him running routes and catching with Brady, which is promising to see!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I heard that Tyreek Hill already reported to ARROWHEAD Stadium yesterday. It's apparently a completely done deal. Strangely enough it's as though the fans have completely forgotten the incident. And when it all broke out I was doubtful he would ever play again in a Chief's uniform.

They say that Patrick Mahomes is just elated that he is back. I've heard on the local sports radio station that Andy Reid is also happy as a clam. I just hope he can keep his head because I really think if he messes up again it will be the end of his career. Because I even doubt if this new lawyer of his can pull two rabbits out of the hat.

It's really hard to predict or even figure out the NFL commissioner :confused: Because they sure didn't cut Adrian Peterson any slack :(
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Jd and others: Very sad what happened to Mitch Petrus:

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-giants- ... 17323.html

He was a great player and died of heat stroke :(
Knifemom117

Post by Knifemom117 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:45 am
Knifemom117 wrote:
I've always kind of liked the Vikings. I was really highly disappointed that Brett Favre wasn't able to pull of a Superbowl for them. He had a good team behind him and all the vital players in place and he almost pulled it off. I do believe that the Saints truly did do some type of bounty hunt on him to injure him at all costs. And I do believe that Sean Payton was behind it. Payton for sure deserved that suspension he got.

It's also crazy that when Favre was 43 years old that the Rams tried to get him to come out of retirement. Even at that age they considered him better than most.
The Saints 100% stole that superbowl from us. They had bounties out for sure and I'm still bitter.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Knifemom117 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:09 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:45 am
Knifemom117 wrote:

The Saints 100% stole that superbowl from us. They had bounties out for sure and I'm still bitter.
Yeah I tend to agree with you. They just couldn't stand the fact that a 40+ year old QB (Brett Favre) was about to eat their lunch. Sean Payton in my opinion should have been ejected from the league period. He probably even got paid under the table in his year off if the truth were known. But even as bad as the Saints team coaches were you still can't compare that to the outright cheating that Lord Brady & Co have done over the past few years. With owner Kraft being the commissioner's best bud you don't have to look much further IMO.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:59 am
Jd and others: Very sad what happened to Mitch Petrus:

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-giants- ... 17323.html

He was a great player and died of heat stroke :(
Yeah I saw that. It brought back the memory of the Minnesota Vikings player Corey Stringer died virtually the same way. IT just goes to show you that even these highly conditioned athletes aren't as bullet proof as we might think.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:28 pm
Yeah I tend to agree with you. They just couldn't stand the fact that a 40+ year old QB (Brett Favre) was about to eat their lunch. Sean Payton in my opinion should have been ejected from the league period. He probably even got paid under the table in his year off if the truth were known. But even as bad as the Saints team coaches were you still can't compare that to the outright cheating that Lord Brady & Co have done over the past few years. With owner Kraft being the commissioner's best bud you don't have to look much further IMO.
You're right JD, supposedly knowing about someone letting a couple PSI out of a ball in an absolute blow out game and being ratted on for something that every team in the league was doing is NOT comparable to paying off players to intentionally try to injure the opposing quarterback. Bountygate was simply deplorable and incomparable, I agree.

I really hope there aren't any Chiefs fans with laser pointers at the Patriots vs. Chiefs game this year... :rolleyes:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:30 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:28 pm
You're right JD, supposedly knowing about someone letting a couple PSI out of a ball in an absolute blow out game and being ratted on for something that every team in the league was doing is NOT comparable to paying off players to intentionally try to injure the opposing quarterback. Bountygate was simply deplorable and incomparable, I agree.

I really hope there aren't any Chiefs fans with laser pointers at the Patriots vs. Chiefs game this year... :rolleyes:
Unfortunately we play the Evil Empire at their stadium this Dec. But I do think things are looking up since they got the Tyreek Hill situation in the rear view mirror. Two friends of mine who have been at training sessions of the Chiefs have told me that Mahomes looks even better this year than last. IF they don't avenge their loss with the new defensive line up which was sick last year they'll have some soul searching to do for sure.
If the Chiefs can win their first two away games of the season I don't see any team stopping them for the next 8 weeks after this coming season. I'm really worried about that opening game with Jacksonville because Foles is a much better QB than most people realize. He could really screw us on that first game at Jacksonville. I still think Mahomes might be the best new QB since Brett Favre entered the league. Also my friends told me that our new wideout "Hardman" can run almost as fast as Hill can>> I'll admit I will have to see that to believe it but they watched him train for an hour and they are sure sold on him. They also told me that Kelce looks letter perfect this year in training >> the guy just gets better every year. He might end up being better than Tony Gonzalez was if he keeps it up. He reminds me a lot of Jason Witten in his younger days with Dallas.

I heard something about a Laser pointer incident last season but I'm not completely sure what happened. I would truly pitty them if ARROWHEAD security were to catch them doing any thing like that here. They have a pretty tough security crew at ARROWHEAD for any kind of tom foolery.