Spyderco warranty service a big disappointment!!!!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
antichristina

Spyderco warranty service a big disappointment!!!!!!

Post by antichristina »

:mad: In the past Spyderco has always been a leader as far as cust serv goes on knives. Today was a Huge let down When Amanda wanted me so Send 20$ in for repairs that have been covered the the past plus the standard 5$ for return shipping. This knife was not abused in any way belive me as a former :spyder: employee, & collector club member I have seen abused cutlery. Military liners have always been a problem that's why the went to the new pivot pins ect.....

Sad to see the end of an era and being on the short end of the stick or handle however you see it.
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

I must say it is a surprise to read your experience. I have only ever heard good things about Spyderco's Customer Service. Personally, I have never had need to experience myself but have always had confidence should the need have arisen because of the so many recommendations.

Simon.
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
ken

Post by ken »

antichristina:
antichristina wrote::mad :
Sad to see the end of an era and being on the short end of the stick or handle however you see it.

Bummer about your experiences...maybe there were some bad employee relations there! Just kiddin'. What knife and what were the problems?

Although you experienced what you think is wrong I've seen more positive comments. I guess it depends on what end of the knife your on! So I'm not sure about an end of an "era" in good customer service.

Frankly I've never have used W/R I figured if it broke than it would be time for a new one.

don't give-up,
ken
ken
CKE

Post by CKE »

Maybe they have had to tighten up W&R services. What was the repair for?? I personally have never had to use W&R so I can not say. Sorry to hear this though.
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
wotanson

Post by wotanson »

Sent my Dodo back last month, great communication, great service and I did in fact do most of the damage myself so I ponied up the $25 bucks and have to say...it was a bargain. Cheers, Rob
HOW BOUT THEM RED SOX!!
ODIN, GUIDE MY SWORD TO ETERNAL VICTORY!
druid

Post by druid »

I just get a knife back from w/r and they did a very good job. The tip was blunted and I knew it was going to have to be reground, so I offered to pay a little extra and they declined. A knife came back today Sharp and pointy :)
there was even a little personal note saying we got your cricket hopping again. Thank you Amanda
why
MeJoomeok

Post by MeJoomeok »

someone is bitter. :D

ken, i think you're right...even though you were just joking. i think this fella/gal is one of those people that just wants to bad mouth :spyder: cause he/she was fired. which is too bad. he/she seems to want to use his/her powers for evil rather than looking for good in people. i mean just look at his/her handle, it's even negative. it's a shame that this person can't let go of what ever happened. what? this girl did you wrong some how?

pitiful
You can't have everything. And if you do, you're missing something.
Hannibal Lecter

Gee, Do You Think So?

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

MeJoomeok wrote:someone is bitter. :D
I believe you might be right. :p

This seems entirely atypical of Spyderco; there is quite a bit more to this story than is being posted.

---
Ta,

Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

druid, or anyone really, going to steer the thread a bit to the right, sorry guys, but I have to send a knife back. Do I need to contact the factory first for authorization or just send it along?
KBR

Post by KBR »

greencobra, it is usually better for you to call Warranty and Repair before sending a Spydie back to the factory.

Not really for 'authorization', but rather so they will know ahead of time the reason for you sending it in. ;)
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
Zrexxer

Post by Zrexxer »

For those that haven't been around the forums that long, antichristina is a known troll who Sal himself speculates might be a disgruntled former employee. The name was created specifically to bash Christina, the manager of the SFO at the time.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Yeah,he is a troll.Allthough my last 2 dealings with W and R on NIB knives was not good.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Was the $20 charge not communicated beforehand? I also think it is part of the warranty information, a standard repair fee. Doesn't really matter, as a former employee you should have known the ins and outs of the W&R dept., or at least not be surprised by the charge. If you didn't, well....then that tells us something :D

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
JD Spydo

Both Sides

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I have an open mind. I always like to hear both sides of an issue. However I just recently sent 2 knives back to warranty/repair and I can only say very good things about Spyderco. One of the knives that I thought might not have been repairable got totally replaced because of a component still being under warranty ( which really surprised me). The other knife which was an older one and needed replacement parts was repaired in in top notch fashion.

About 2 years ago I got a Spyderco "fine" benchstone from a dealer and when I went to use it I seen that it had ripples ( very small though) on it and I sent it back to the factory. I had actually sent it back just for them to look at it. I didn't even know what to expect. Within 5 days I had a brand new one in the mail. I have 2 other times that I have dealt with the warranty/repair department. I won't go into details: because it just is not necessary. All in all I can only say "VERY POSITIVE" things about Spyderco. :) :spyder:
KBR

Post by KBR »

Although my last experience with W&R wasn't too pleasant(at first), Amanda did make it up to me by;

1.) expediting the repair to my Millie,
2.) sending the Spydie back via UPS Next Day Air,
3.) sending along with it a Spyderco cap,
4.) returned my second return-shipping money order.
5.) and also included a handwritten apology for not repairing the liner correctly the first time

This is the first time that I have had some issues with W&R. My previous experiences had ALWAYS been positive, until this one time. I won't hesitate to deal with them again just because of this.

antichristina, why don't you tell us the WHOLE story about these 'repairs'? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
timlara

Post by timlara »

Exactly what I was going to say, KBR!!

"How about the WHOLE story?"

In my experience, 99% of the time, people who air grievances like this in a public forum have not even ATTEMPTED to rationally discuss the problem with the concerned party first. Rather than directly calling someone who might actually be able to provide a solution (and may not even be AWARE that a problem exists), the type of person I'm describing will instead just fly off the handle and childishly bash away in an attempt to damage the reputation of the company involved.

To me, it almost always makes it look like the "victim" knows full well that their "complaint" was unreasonable and that they are trying to intimidate the company into caving in and giving them what they want just to shut them up. This type of thing usually comes from someone who was trying to get something for nothing...the sort of person who buys an ice cream cone on a hot day and then tries to sue Baskin-Robbins because it melted on their 90-minute trip home in the sun.
Tim
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

One thing to keep in mind is that it is Warranty and Repair. Warranty is normally done at no, or at least minimal, cost. Repair is usually done at cost, not free. In this case, I guess "the devil is in the details"

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
Hannibal Lecter

Troll or...?

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

Zrexxer wrote:For those that haven't been around the forums that long, antichristina is a known troll who Sal himself speculates might be a disgruntled former employee. The name was created specifically to bash Christina, the manager of the SFO at the time.
Is antichristina a female as the name suggests? That would make her a "trollop" wouldn't it? :confused:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :o

---
Ta,

Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
redhawk44p

Post by redhawk44p »

Their less than honest intent could be hidden in their name Antichristina =anti-christian. Then again maybe not.
Buddha-boy

Post by Buddha-boy »

For me the "Anti" says enough! :)
Free your mind, and you will find peace