PM2 Red G-10 M390 at DLT Trading?!?!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sober_Survival

Re: PM2 Red G-10 M390 at DLT Trading?!?!

Post by Sober_Survival »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:28 am
I'm not new to this, I understand how it works. I've seen plenty of times where someone on here, on this forum, misses their chance at an exclusive/sprint due to work, family matters, etc. Then if they really want said knife, their forced to pay a crazy inflated price from some grimey person on Ebay...*EDITED*. You're clearly only buying the 2nd to sell it for a small profit down the road. A lot of work just to make a quick buck. It's not good for the knife community for you to try and score a quick buck. I know people do this, but they don't just throw it out there like you do, almost bragging about it.

Laughing at $40?? I bet that's all you would get. After Ebay fees and the fact that items are being taxed now, people are less apt to spend as much on bids. So yea, I bet you get a whopping $40 profit...

A flipper with a Psalm in his signature...how ironic :rolleyes:
*EDITED* Comment neither appropriate or welcome. - TazKristi
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:25 am
Sober_Survival wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:14 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:17 am
Sober_Survival wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:16 am

Stoked. I'm gonna buy 2, then sell one around Christmas. 🎄
:rolleyes: :mad:

So you can have 2 and then make like $40 on the other one in the future? While someone that really wants one that they would actually use, misses out on the drop by a few minutes and can't get one, or would have to pay a substantially inflated price on the secondary market...not cool man, not cool. Not something I'd be bragging about on here.
$40? 🤣

My bad, I forgot that I am the only person that buys 2...

You do realize that the purpose of offering an item in very limited quantities is to greatly increase their collectibility and or value, right?
I'm sure you're not the only person who will buy two, but given how fast these will sell out and the very real possibility that someone who wants one will not be able to snag one because others are buying two with the intention of selling one for a profit, I would also not suggest broadcasting that plan on a forum like this. Of course, the free market tends to neutralize any moral arguments about this subject (in other words, you are of course free to sell if others are willing to buy), but telling is forum about your intent to do so might breed a certain amount of resentment that this forum tries hard to avoid. Just my two cents, subject to inflation lol.
Thank you. I understand what you are saying. I certainly wasn't trying to 'brag' about anything. Just stating my plans, I really didn't put much thought into it because people talk about buying / selling all the time. -Chris.
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm actually, typically in a pretty good mood. Other than reading about your sketchy ways, I'm having a great day! I can see you're not though :)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:23 am
Let's not go overboard on this, guys.

Remember the outcry back when the BladeHQ Exclusive Shaman was dropped? There was a lot of complaining about the "flippers" who bought 3, 4, 5 knives or more just to sell on the secondary market. It turned out that 90% or so of those sales were people who only bought 1.

And since when has buying something to sell for a profit been a crime?

With limited quantity items, there will ALWAYS be people who missed out. Period. Even if every single person just bought one to use, there will still be plenty of people who didn't get one. That is life. It's just the way things are, and you can't change it.

What the secondary market does, is ensure that those knives will still be available even after the dealer is long sold out. Think about it. If every person bought just one knife, to use, the poor people who missed out initially would never be able to get one. Those who wish to outlaw ebay knife flippers are actually doing a disservice to the people who missed out, by denying them a second chance at buying the knife they wanted.

I maintain that having a knife available at a $60 markup, is better than not having any knife available at all.

Just my controversial $0.02. ;)

Thanks for speaking rational in your reply.
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:47 am
I'm actually, typically in a pretty good mood. Other than reading about your sketchy ways, I'm having a great day! I can see you're not though :)
Right. We'll go with that... :rolleyes:

Oh, is it a small $40 profit, or a huge, outrageous price on eBay? Your contradiction wasn't clear...
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sober_Survival wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:48 am
The Meat man wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:23 am
Let's not go overboard on this, guys.

Remember the outcry back when the BladeHQ Exclusive Shaman was dropped? There was a lot of complaining about the "flippers" who bought 3, 4, 5 knives or more just to sell on the secondary market. It turned out that 90% or so of those sales were people who only bought 1.

And since when has buying something to sell for a profit been a crime?

With limited quantity items, there will ALWAYS be people who missed out. Period. Even if every single person just bought one to use, there will still be plenty of people who didn't get one. That is life. It's just the way things are, and you can't change it.

What the secondary market does, is ensure that those knives will still be available even after the dealer is long sold out. Think about it. If every person bought just one knife, to use, the poor people who missed out initially would never be able to get one. Those who wish to outlaw ebay knife flippers are actually doing a disservice to the people who missed out, by denying them a second chance at buying the knife they wanted.

I maintain that having a knife available at a $60 markup, is better than not having any knife available at all.

Just my controversial $0.02. ;)

Thanks for speaking rational in your reply.

I would say that his post was calm, yes, but not rational. Let's say that there are 1,200 of these knives produced and exactly 1,200 people who want one. If the first 600 people who click their mice fast enough get 2 each, and then relist their extra for $249.95 (netting maybe a $50 profit after fees and shipping), the 600 people left out now have to pay an additional $90 to get a knife that they could have purchased for $159.25 had everyone just bought the one knife they planned on using.

As far as being available down the road on the secondary market for people new to the hobby in the future, plenty of the 1,200 people would get bored with the knife eventually or decide they need a quick few bucks to pay a bill and sell it then. So no worries about them not being available later on, albeit at a higher market driven price.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

allhatnocattle wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:13 am
Ya’ll pretty fired up over a pocket knife huh?
Lmao. Yeah so 'fired' up over here. You got me.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

And just like that...”server error”
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

Crashed their server.
ihped1

Post by ihped1 »

Dazen wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:01 am
And just like that...”server error”
For the entire website. They know what they're doing.
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

server error. LOL
Username827

Post by Username827 »

Maybe they will do another run :rolleyes:
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

Lunch break maybe?
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

They said they are in contact with their provider and should have it up shortly.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

They are trying to fix it as thousands of people hit refresh, refresh ...
setldown

Post by setldown »

mayong

Post by mayong »

PM2 sprint = ddos attack.
Police | Calypso | Caly 3 & 3.5 | PM 2 | Para 3 | UKPK | Endura | Dragonfly | Sage 2 | Sage 5

"While this test doesn't simulate any logical use of a knife as a tool, since it was a concern of some of our customers, we began incorporating it into our testing protocols." - Michael Janich
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

Yea, you watching BHQ? This is going to happen to you too on the Dodo run.
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

All of you on lunch break, get back to work, so I can buy this knife :D
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

What a joke...it's just a.friggin knife