Scary: Zombie Outbreak Apocalypse Revisited: What would you do?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Crux

Re: Scary: Zombie Outbreak Apocalypse Revisited: What would you do?

Post by Crux »

I have 2 DP-12's which pretty much means "game over" for zombie hoards.

Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Turn off the TV ;)
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

awa54 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:45 pm
Turn off the TV ;)
Hahaha!

That reminds me of Bill Cosby's skit on (I think) "I Started Out As A Child" LP back in the late 60's or early 70's. The Chicken Heart That Ate New York City, was the name of the gag. He was at home listening to the evening horror show on the radio and this chicken heart escaped the lab and was eating the city. He set the house on fire, smeared jello on the floor, to trip the monster. His dad slipped, broke his arm, then said, "Why don't you turn off the radio?" Bill said, "I hadn't thought of that." Too funny.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Crux

Post by Crux »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:18 pm
awa54 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:45 pm
Turn off the TV ;)
Hahaha!

That reminds me of Bill Cosby's skit on (I think) "I Started Out As A Child" LP back in the late 60's or early 70's. The Chicken Heart That Ate New York City, was the name of the gag. He was at home listening to the evening horror show on the radio and this chicken heart escaped the lab and was eating the city. He set the house on fire, smeared jello on the floor, to trip the monster. His dad slipped, broke his arm, then said, "Why don't you turn off the radio?" Bill said, "I hadn't thought of that." Too funny.
BC was awesome. :)
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Here is something you may find interesting.

When I saw this years ago I thought “zombies” could be a hop skip and a jump away from this. :eek:
https://youtu.be/XuKjBIBBAL8

If you have ever played a video game called “ The Last of Us “ they play on this idea and it was quite a good game.
Last edited by BLUETYPEII on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

With the looming threat of "Artificial Intelligence" aka "A I" I've often wondered if they would use that technology to launch a fake "Zombie Outbreak" or an all out Zombie war. And the rank & file human/citizen might even be fooled into thinking such a thing. With the conditioning that they are doing with all these very popular Zombie TV shows and people like Max Brooks even writing books on the subject it's truly made me wonder what this Zombie Craze is really all about.

Truly the sky wouldn't even be the limit with what they could do with "A I". I shutter to think what black-ops military operations are already doing with "A I".

Heck yes they could truly fake a Zombie Outbreak with "A I" and don't doubt it for one nanosecond :(
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

JD, good points. Think about this, I would also like demoncase and others to comment:

Eric Drexler, a founding father of molecular nanotechnology, predicted that once artificial intelligence gets advanced and is combined with nano replicators able to arrange atoms and molecules into consumer goods, you can make a "genie machine". This would be an intelligent computer brain that understands human speech, languages, history, and desires, and which has direct access to these assemblers. Anything within the laws of physics and chemistry that you ask for it to make for you, it will make.

Let's say you, JD, said "Computer (like on Star Trek), I want a 1990s limited edition ATS-34 bladed Spyderco folder" and the AI has access to all of the historical records of Spyderco and the specs, images/pictures, etc, and if you had to, you could give it fresh details, and the Genie Machine assembles the appropriate atoms into the brand new knife. A more advanced version able to work with subatomic particles: protons and electrons, could make it through transmutation.

On the surface, it seems almost paradisal, doesn't it my friend? The machines make what we want and work for us and all of us can sit back and relax, or, spend our time focused on doing what our hearts desire. But here is the scary side, as you point out:

What if these same AIs who are "Computer Genies" turn on us, or, are programmed by evil people to turn on other people, and instead of making anything you want for your satisfaction, they make horrible monsters, like biomechanical zombies or viruses that have a 100 percent kill rate, and other nasties. There is always a dark side to these things.

According to the Terminator fiction, Sky Net "went bad" because it examined the bloody history of mankind and determined that man is too dangerous to it (SkyNet) and it decided to terminate the entire human race.

There are those AI advocates who down play this and say "Don't worry. The machines are just machines and we can keep them under our control."

There is one man who is a computer scientist and he seems to think the future of mankind is to be the "pampered pets" of advanced AI.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Ever read about the Beast and his image? This could well be AI.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:58 am
You know the more I think about that DOC the more I'm wondering if the "Mark of The Beast" mentioned in the Book Of Revelation in the Bible might just indeed be an "Artificial Intelligence". Because I've never ever heard so many top names or corporate leaders, politicians and heads of state go on to say that they fear something as much as they do the newer technology of "Artificial Intelligence". Elon Musk has been recently quoted as saying "it's Already Too Late" concerning "A I".
That would explain how one person could rule the entire earth from the city of Jerusalem ( The Anti-Christ). That would also explain how everyone who takes the "Mark Of The Beast" could be tracked and monitored on a global basis. Truly if they implemented a sophisticated form of "A I" it's now easy to see how all of that could easily come about.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 am
Doc Dan wrote:
You know the more I think about that DOC the more I'm wondering if the "Mark of The Beast" mentioned in the Book Of Revelation in the Bible might just indeed be an "Artificial Intelligence". Because I've never ever heard so many top names or corporate leaders, politicians and heads of state go on to say that they fear something as much as they do the newer technology of "Artificial Intelligence". Elon Musk has been recently quoted as saying "it's Already Too Late" concerning "A I".
That would explain how one person could rule the entire earth from the city of Jerusalem ( The Anti-Christ). That would also explain how everyone who takes the "Mark Of The Beast" could be tracked and monitored on a global basis. Truly if they implemented a sophisticated form of "A I" it's now easy to see how all of that could easily come about.
And how the image of the beast can do what living things do.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:59 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 am
Doc Dan wrote:
And how the image of the beast can do what living things do.
Yeah that's a great point as well. Because I'm willing to bet that there are some black-ops military applications that can replicate living things already available for their uses with the use of "A I" technology. When it comes to high tech the stuff that we consumers have available is old news compared to what the governments and military factions already have at their disposal.

And getting back to this real life science fiction scenario of Zombies on the attack might just be a reality at some point. But it's hard to accurately say just how they would opt to use such a dangerous technology.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

An island is still the best idea really.

That or someplace VERY cold and stays very cold for most of the year.

Either place and then just wait it out.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Zombies move real slow and I have a lot of knives so I'd say I'd have a new hobby to occupy my time. :)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Ankerson wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:06 am

Very interesting observations "Ankerson". I've wondered why there has been such a huge migration of rich people who have bought real estate up in Montana and other normally cold states here in the USA. It also makes me wonder now more than ever why all of the current news and theories as to what it going on in Antarctica. There isn't even a week that goes by where I don't hear news about what has either been discovered or what has happened in the continent of Antarctica.

But the extreme cold would be a big hurdle for them as you've said.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:23 pm
Ankerson wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:06 am

Very interesting observations "Ankerson". I've wondered why there has been such a huge migration of rich people who have bought real estate up in Montana and other normally cold states here in the USA. It also makes me wonder now more than ever why all of the current news and theories as to what it going on in Antarctica. There isn't even a week that goes by where I don't hear news about what has either been discovered or what has happened in the continent of Antarctica.

But the extreme cold would be a big hurdle for them as you've said.

Well the rich people buying up land etc has come to a grinding halt for the most part.

Since the GOV shut down that land thing were they pay people not to plant etc. all that was really was a way for the rich to get over and basically have the GOV pay for the land they bought. So in effect they would buy up large amounts of land and the GOV paid them not to use it, that's on a per acre and yearly. So what happened was they would buy up enough land that the GOV would in effect be buying it for them so it would be basically free if they bought up enough acreage. The GOV shut that down however so it's a good thing. So it was groups that were buying it all up hundreds of thousands of acres. So what ended up happening was they would get the land and the GOV would end up paying for it, and they would also write it off on their taxes on top of it, so it was basically giving away money to rich people... Ands they can turn around and sell it later and make even more money off it all at the expense of the tax payers. So it was a massive tax write-off for the rich, they finally closed that loophole. :rolleyes:

It was good that someone was paying attention and finally caught onto it and saw it for what it really was then shut it all down. It went on for decades however before someone got in there and saw what it was.

Antarctica, I wouldn't worry too much about that and the media pushing their agendas, they have been pushing that global warming agenda harder than ever lately. You can't open a news feed on the internet or watch the news etc now and not see something on it. :rolleyes:

The Planet is covered by 2/3rds water to 1/3 land so the polar ice caps could actually melt and not have any effect on the Ocean levels in reality. So them trying to say the Ocean levels will rise to the points they are saying they will is false, the math just doesn't add up and it never did.

The weather does one thing continuously, it changes and it does it in cycles over periods of 10's, 100's, 1,000's or Millions of years.

It's been doing it for Billions of years before humans were on the planet, that is a fact and it will continue to do it until the Sun dies a few Trillion years from now.

To me it's like those flat Earth types. ROFL... :rolleyes: :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Ankerson what amazes me is how big and popular that "Flat Earth" movement has gotten in the past 4 to 5 years. With the weather differences of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and the day and night differences in different parts of the globes I don't see how anyone can come up with "Flat Earth. Even their biggest spokesperson "Mark Sargent" who by definition is a fairly intelligent guy for the most part but his reasoning as to why he thinks the Earth is flat doesn't make any sense to me at all. I did watch a couple of their videos and I've listened to two of Mark Sargent's radio interviews but the Flat Earth folks don't have any valid evidence what so ever to back up their claims IMO. If that were true then modern day aviator's would have discovered and confirmed that a long time ago. But it does amaze me how fast that movement is growing and becoming really popular on some college campuses :confused:

It's ironic because that was the premise of Magellan's voyage around the entire planet was to finally prove that the earth was a sphere. It's truly unbelievable how that movement has gained steam :confused: Because no other planet we know of is flat. They are all spheres as far as we know.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:47 pm
Ankerson what amazes me is how big and popular that "Flat Earth" movement has gotten in the past 4 to 5 years. With the weather differences of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and the day and night differences in different parts of the globes I don't see how anyone can come up with "Flat Earth. Even their biggest spokesperson "Mark Sargent" who by definition is a fairly intelligent guy for the most part but his reasoning as to why he thinks the Earth is flat doesn't make any sense to me at all. I did watch a couple of their videos and I've listened to two of Mark Sargent's radio interviews but the Flat Earth folks don't have any valid evidence what so ever to back up their claims IMO. If that were true then modern day aviator's would have discovered and confirmed that a long time ago. But it does amaze me how fast that movement is growing and becoming really popular on some college campuses :confused:

It's ironic because that was the premise of Magellan's voyage around the entire planet was to finally prove that the earth was a sphere. It's truly unbelievable how that movement has gained steam :confused: Because no other planet we know of is flat. They are all spheres as far as we know.

They don't need evidence... ;)

I am not surprised at all about the following at all these days.

Kinda like Global Warming, there really isn't any real evidence, not really. ;)

But all that stuff is the current agenda so here we are. :rolleyes:

Just don't even think about disagreeing with any of them on anything, don't even dream about it, not these days. ;)

You will be attacked full force.... And called every current buzz word in the book.

I ignore them personally, completely.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Ankerson wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:14 pm
JD Spydo wrote:

Just don't even think about disagreeing with any of them on anything, don't even dream about it, not these days. ;)

You will be attacked full force.... And called every current buzz word in the book.

Yeah you've probably got the best advice for dealing with "Flat Earthers". Anyone with any common sense would immediately know that if the earth was truly a flat disc shaped object then it would be day time on the entire planet during the day and Nighttime on the entire planet at night. You're right it's really a waste of time and truly an insult to one's intelligence to even attempt to argue the point. But It still amazes me as to how a movement like that can grow legs and draw so many people into it as quickly as this movement has :rolleyes: But it is a curious example of history repeating itself in a way. Plus I used to be good friends with a Military Pilot who flew some big birds and some really high tech, experimental aircraft. He told me that there are a lot of places he flies over and he's at a height to where you can clearly see the curvature of the earth in some places. Case Closed ;)
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:58 pm
Ankerson wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:14 pm
JD Spydo wrote:

Yeah you've probably got the best advice for dealing with "Flat Earthers". Anyone with any common sense would immediately know that if the earth was truly a flat disc shaped object then it would be day time on the entire planet during the day and Nighttime on the entire planet at night. You're right it's really a waste of time and truly an insult to one's intelligence to even attempt to argue the point. But It still amazes me as to how a movement like that can grow legs and draw so many people into it as quickly as this movement has :rolleyes: But it is a curious example of history repeating itself in a way. Plus I used to be good friends with a Military Pilot who flew some big birds and some really high tech, experimental aircraft. He told me that there are a lot of places he flies over and he's at a height to where you can clearly see the curvature of the earth in some places. Case Closed ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean.

What I can't believe is that IMO that people have gotten more stupid (If that is even possible) as time has gone on. :rolleyes:

They blindly follow whatever the current agendas seem to be no matter how absolutely moronic they really are.

The really amazing part is that it seems to be world wide and that is mind blowing to me how that could possibly even happen. :confused:

My personal opinion is that society in general is going down the drain faster as time goes on. I am glad that I am as old as I am now that I likely won't have enough time left to see it all collapse completely.

Putin said something lately that is shockingly true and I agree with him on it. He is basically on the outside looking in so to speak so he tends to see it for what it is. The current agendas are wreaking Society as a whole to keep it short, seems he is watching it all go down the drain and he is paying attention.

If things keep going in the direction that they are something massive will happen, it won't be good.