Bad experience from Customer Service

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CaptainT

Re: Bad experience from Customer Service

Post by CaptainT »

MichaelScott wrote:To summarize: using a genrleman's folder as a salt water environment work knife and oyster shucker, concerned about knife wear on $300+ pants and upset that Spyderco's published warranty terms are applicable to him results in whining and ill-founded complaints in a public forum. Sell a pair of your pants and buy some domestic knife to serve your needs. Of course, it won’t be a Spyderco.
Well. I could reply something matching your tone and low level of argument. But since I am the raiser of standards, I will not.
Have a great weekend!
CaptainT

Post by CaptainT »

Today I received a very nice email from Spyderco that will close this matter in a good way.
Thank you all for your interest and comments. :)
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

CaptainT wrote:Today I received a very nice email from Spyderco that will close this matter in a good way.
Excellent.
But the idea of a repair center in Europe shouldn't die. As an example Leatherman does have a center in Spain.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

CaptainT wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
CaptainT wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
CaptainT wrote:
Uhu, must admit that I never really have looked under the clip of my Tasman. But on all knives that allow multiple clip positions the surface under the clip will be the same rough FRN surface that gives that awesome grip. Or am I mistaken here?
Mistaken.
still mistaken.
Proof me wrong then? I've checked all the FRN knives that I own, which is as few as it ever could be due to my distaste for the material. On both the Tasman and the Assist the clip press against a rough area.
you wrote ALL knives that allow multiple clip positions which is flat out wrong. a quick Google search is your friend. the delica 4 handle, dragonfly 2 handle, **** upgrade your tasman to the tasman 2 with new improved handle style of delica 4 and you will see the clip rests on a flat piece of frn so it won't shred pockets. FFS.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SG89

Post by SG89 »

CaptainT wrote:Today I received a very nice email from Spyderco that will close this matter in a good way.
awesome. you whined till you got your way.
Spydergirl88
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Am I correct in thinking that in order to have an official Spyderco-backed repair center in Europe, the bottom line would be; would the profit margin and customer-acceptance outweigh and make up for the costs and possible legal hassles involved, is that correct? There definitely do appear to be many Europeans who are fellow Spyderco collectors and users, at least on this forum, who would most assuredly be good customers for that?

Perhaps it could be a combination Repair/Warranty facility and also an outlet store there.

What size building and space would likely be required for this, in order to have repair mechanisms/machines and office space and everything associated with that?
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

BrianMcCord wrote:
jpm2 wrote:Take some measurements and find the parts local. If no bearings are available, convert it to washers only.
I tried this myself, but those pockets in the titanium are problematic. I will try and add a thicker set to counter the milled out pockets.
Either that, or stack them.
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Glad this worked out for you Bub! Ive been reading through the discussion and felt for your frustration. I was going to chime in and state that something needs to be done, but at this point it seems moot, and for that I am glad.

You were honest about why your knife is malfunctioning, and how it came to bet that way, instead of simply erroneously complaining about the craftsmanship and trying to utilize the Spyderco warranty in a dishonest way.

So what middle ground was met?

Again, glad it worked out for you :) :) :spyder: :spyder:
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
CaptainT

Post by CaptainT »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Would you like some cheese with that whine?
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

CaptainT wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Would you like some cheese with that whine?
Lamest. Joke. Ever.
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

tonijedi wrote:
Excellent.
But the idea of a repair center in Europe shouldn't die. As an example Leatherman does have a center in Spain.
and a very good one! :cool:

I wouldn't complain if Spyderco decided to set their EU center in Spain, :rolleyes:
maybe some day Sal would come to visit nand I could have my Spydies signed too, like Tim Leatherman does in his visits :D

kmoomoo2

Post by kmoomoo2 »

I called and spoke with a rep who told me my package had not yet arrived at spyderco's facility. I told the rep it had arrived, I have the delivery confirmation. The rep then stated it takes "up to 7 business days" for a package to be logged in. I told the rep it had been 9 business days (13 calendar days) since your company received my package. He then stated the "turn around time is 4 weeks". I asked if he meant 4 weeks from when it is logged in or from receipt of the package to which he replied "the turn around time is 4 weeks" (nice non answer to my question). He then told me to call back in a few days to check if it had been logged in yet or not.

So this is my first experience with the spyderco warranty department's customer disservice. Not real impressed and if this doesn't get corrected (have sent multiple emails) I can guarantee I will NEVER purchase another spyderco product again. Benchmade returns calls and email quickly and actually answers questions. Jury is still out, we'll see.
SpyderSeth

Post by SpyderSeth »

I got similar grief when trying to check whether my knife was received. I was even accused of being a difficult customer for asking the question (in a polite way).

To your final point, Benchmade never returned my call or email when I tried to inquire about purchasing a deep carry clip.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:39 am
Are you serious?
This guy wasnt bad at all. Yeah, maybe he whined a little bit, but nothing that deserves ridicule.
What's it to you anyway? Afraid Spyderco cant take care of themselves? This hammering of anyone that has the slightest gripe with Spyderco is getting pretty old.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:06 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:39 am
Are you serious?
This guy wasnt bad at all. Yeah, maybe he whined a little bit, but nothing that deserves ridicule.
What's it to you anyway? Afraid Spyderco cant take care of themselves? This hammering of anyone that has the slightest gripe with Spyderco is getting pretty old.
This was from 2018....so yeah it is pretty old
Spydergirl88
kmoomoo2

Post by kmoomoo2 »

I received an email response today from Ben ********* at Spyderco. He apologized for the lack of communication and updated me with the status (service completed and shipping out today {6-20-19}). Perhaps I have jumped the gun by painting Spyderco with a broad brush over this one issue. It was my first time contacting customer service and was very disheartening. I do own 4 Spyderco knives, all of them very good quality which is why (given the price-points {hundreds of $ each}) I expected stellar customer service. The follow up on a supervisory level was professional and has moved my initial opinion. I'll follow up when I receive my Rubicon back in hand.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

This is why we normally do not raise dead threads, especially like this one. It does no good for anybody and leads to wrong conclusions.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Captain, at risk of joining you at the firing squad, allow me to apologize on behalf of this community. Some of the comments here are unnecessarily combative, childish, and unwarranted. This is one of several touchy subjects that unfortunately always leads down a shameful path. I completely understand your concerns.

The central focus here should be how spyderco ended up handling the situation well and made a loyal customer happy. A win-win! Glad it got sorted out.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Pelagic wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:49 am
Captain, at risk of joining you at the firing squad, allow me to apologize on behalf of this community. Some of the comments here are unnecessarily combative, childish, and unwarranted. This is one of several touchy subjects that unfortunately always leads down a shameful path. I completely understand your concerns.

The central focus here should be how spyderco ended up handling the situation well and made a loyal customer happy. A win-win! Glad it got sorted out.
Kind of you to apologize on everyone’s behalf but the OP hasn’t logged in for a year. ;) Hopefully when he comes back he will see it. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, a year old, or 100 years old, still not cool. Just my opinion.
And, its never too late for an apology or good will. Good going Pelagic