Cruwear Micarta Native follow up to the Shaman??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Cruwear Micarta Native follow up to the Shaman??

Post by steelcity16 »

Since it seems like Spyderco is getting the Micarta issues sorted out here soon I am hoping we will see it on more and more models, which would make sense so they see a return on investment for all of the time and money they have spent working on this project. Since they are doing this work in Golden, I am going to throw out the Native as the next model that needs this treatment. It makes sense as the lil brother to the Shaman version, and the Native has never seen Cruwear despite many grizzled denizens of the Spyderco forum asking for it! :)

I'd like to see rough textured OD Green matte Canvas Micarta and both Satin and DLC blade options.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
A.S.O.K.A

Re: Cruwear Micarta Native follow up to the Shaman??

Post by A.S.O.K.A »

I think this would be a great idea. Say yes to the micarta dress
Every Steel Has Its Appeal :cool:

A.S.O.K.A Edge on Youtube
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would buy any Cruwear Native. Micarta would just make it better.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

I’m eagerly waiting for a Cruwear Native... I don’t know why it hasn’t happened yet.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I'd love to see some more factory Micarta. Natural Canvas would be my current preference.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Filoso- wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:59 am

I’m eagerly waiting for a Cruwear Native... I don’t know why it hasn’t happened yet.

One of the great mysteries in Spydieville! :confused: :( I really think this would be even more popular than the Micarta Shaman in the broader marketplace. This would be much more affordable and more pocket friendly. Not that the Micarta Shaman isn't going to fly off the shelves, because it will. But a Cruwear Micarta Native would be next level hype train! This would make a great full production knife once they have the whole Micarta thing nailed down and running like clockwork. I don't think they would be able to keep them in stock.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Would be into this, moreso with the Chief! I have been curious if we know anything about Spyderco currently working on linerless Micarta handled folders. I know they existed in earlier manufacturing generations, but currently I have only heard about it with the Shaman which has big ol' liners.

Do we think Spyderco has the ability and inclination to build linerless Micarta to their current quality standards?

The only linerless Micarta folder I've handled was a Buck 110. I will just say the build was not as good as the Bos heat treatment!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Enactive wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:33 am

I have been curious if we know anything about Spyderco currently working on linerless Micarta handled folders. I know they existed in earlier manufacturing generations, but currently I have only heard about it with the Shaman which has big ol' liners.

Do we think Spyderco has the ability and inclination to build linerless Micarta to their current quality standards?

I was thinking about this as well. I would assume they would go linerless if possible, but they could always use the linered platform of the S110V Native.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:43 am
I would buy any Cruwear Native. Micarta would just make it better.
Crucarta Native might be the only Native that would entice me to buy another. I like my Native Salt that much.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:36 am
Enactive wrote:

I have been curious if we know anything about Spyderco currently working on linerless Micarta handled folders. I know they existed in earlier manufacturing generations, but currently I have only heard about it with the Shaman which has big ol' liners.

I was thinking about this as well. I would assume they would go linerless if possible, but they could always use the linered platform of the S110V Native.
Totally! I like knives both with and without liners.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Enactive wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:38 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:36 am
Enactive wrote:

Totally! I like knives both with and without liners.

And with a steel like Cruwear, I wouldn't mind at all if it was based on the linered version for more strength. I'd buy either in a hearbeat!
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

I'm a huge fan of the Native so I would be all over this!!!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Micarta scaled Spydies can't come soon enough! :spyder:
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Once I have the shaman, I'd of course need to pair it with its little brother....
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:20 pm
Micarta scaled Spydies can't come soon enough! :spyder:
+1
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
kirilpetkov

Post by kirilpetkov »

photo of this year bladeshow 2019

Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Sadly this is going to be expensive... and “late 2019” delivery puts it’s release at a time while I’ll still be recovering from paying off my Blacktail takedown longbow.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I am ready for a matching Military, Shaman and Native. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

kirilpetkov wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 am

that's looking fantastic! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:18 am
kirilpetkov wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 am

that's looking fantastic! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D
Except that the blade is not stonewashed like on the S30V model... :(
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)