Sun and Moon Chaparall :O !!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Baron Mind

Re: Sun and Moon Chaparall :O !!!

Post by Baron Mind »

Scale swap, face palm. A novel thought anyway. Maybe a custom scale maker will take up the challenge, the demand will be huge! 😂

No, I plan on carrying it exactly as is
flasharry

Post by flasharry »

Oh My - want!
"You never know what lonesome is, 'til you get to herdin' cows"
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

You could certainly swap the scales, but I don't think it will look any different.
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

I like the idea of a Yin and Yang scaled knife...

I did a Serrata with one blue G10 scale, and the other side was black canvas Micarta...called it Bruise...

( Black and Blue :) )
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

https://youtu.be/ScWvTKqxe4c

I like what he had to say about the back lock in the video.

That Sun and Moon looks interesting, especially since I love the Chaparral.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Huh. No thanks on the sun and moon scales. But it’s cool to see the Dodo return.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

araneae wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:49 pm
It looks awesome in person. Some fun stuff in the proto case this year.

Sounds like Shaman fans have a lot coming this year. Waved D'fly is dropping any minute, Endela is real close, wharncliffe D'fly is not quite there yet although I officially requested a hap40 run today.
May I ask: What was said about the Shaman in the vid? Must have missed that...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:14 am

Concerning backlock: Yes, I liked that too.. And honestly was a bit amazed, when the Blade HQ guy mentioned he couldn´t close a backlock one handed (at all) ?!? I mean, as a person involved with knives by profession?

/ Sun and Moon Chap: I like it! If I ever start to collect Chaparrals (and to be honest, I sometimes feel like it... :rolleyes: ), the Sun and Moon would be the next I´d get after the FRN I already have.
Last edited by Wartstein on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Looks great. Definite "must have" for me, and probably a Chaparral I'll carry occasionally as well.

God'sMyJudge wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:23 pm
Is it weird that I want to buy 2 and swap scales so they match?

Only because, in order for that to be possible, the backs of the scales would have to be identical to the fronts. As it stands, the front has the grooves for the clip and a bevel around the edge, while the back probably has the same recess for the lockbar pivot screw that the CF and RN scales have, so I severely doubt it would work.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:32 am
Doc Dan wrote:

Concerning backlock: Yes, I liked that too.. And honestly was a bit amazed, when the Blade HQ guy mentioned he couldn´t close a backlock one handed (at all) ?!? I mean, as a person involved with knives by profession?

/ Sun and Moon Chap: I like it! If I ever start to collect Chaparrals (anss to be honest, I sometimes feel like it... :rolleyes: ), the Sun and Moon would be the next I´d get after the FRN I already have.
Pretty sure I learned how to close a backlock one-handed when I was 12... Buck 110
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:51 am
Wartstein wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:
Pretty sure I learned how to close a backlock one-handed when I was 12... Buck 110
I was a little older I guess.. ;)

And to be fair: One can most likely still be a good knife-sales-person without being able to close a backlock one handed.. Just I personally can´t imagine working in a KNIFESHOP and NOT being an expert on any lock, given all the folders around me... :rolleyes:
jdw

Post by jdw »

I am sure that I would be quickly fired from a knife shop for playing with the merchandise.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

jdw wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:50 am
I am sure that I would be quickly fired from a knife shop for playing with the merchandise.

That, or you would be so broke you wouldn't be able to afford a vehicle or bus to even get to work...but you'd have just about any knife you wanted in your collection :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Rpp

Post by Rpp »

Why yuck
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

jdw wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:50 am
Right! Totally off topic, but interesting food for thought (only half serious though): Maybe a total knifeguy should really NOT work in a knife shop... I think I could not help myself constantly wanting to actually try and USE each new Spyderco model, different locks, steels and so on.. would drive me crazy I guess... :D
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:27 am
araneae wrote:

Sounds like Shaman fans have a lot coming this year. Waved D'fly is dropping any minute, Endela is real close, wharncliffe D'fly is not quite there yet although I officially requested a hap40 run today.

I believe he is saying he heard that in person at the show. I would assume we will see a DLC version of the BHQ M4 this year. I know of one dealer exclusive Shaman that is supposedly going to drop in August. The CRUWEAR Micarta version is still in the works as far as I know. And based on how many people keep asking for a Rex45 Shaman I would think we may see one of those this year or next year. An LC200N Shaman Salt seems like a good bet at some point as well, but maybe not this year.

My first Shaman will be whatever comes first out of the Cruwear/Micarta or the August dealer exclusive. :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:51 am
Wartstein wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

/ Sun and Moon Chap: I like it! If I ever start to collect Chaparrals (anss to be honest, I sometimes feel like it... :rolleyes: ), the Sun and Moon would be the next I´d get after the FRN I already have.
Yeah, 8 or 9 for me. I just can't imagine this, especially with a Spyderco. One hand closing of back locks is easy as can be. Of course, I do not use Eric's method because I might do that to another brand and cut myself.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

I was going to suggest that one could dye the white scale black. That wouldn't work, unless there is a way to mask the red spot from the dye??
Last edited by Spydersense on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:40 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:27 am
araneae wrote:

I believe he is saying he heard that in person at the show. I would assume we will see a DLC version of the BHQ M4 this year. I know of one dealer exclusive Shaman that is supposedly going to drop in August. The CRUWEAR Micarta version is still in the works as far as I know. And based on how many people keep asking for a Rex45 Shaman I would think we may see one of those this year or next year. An LC200N Shaman Salt seems like a good bet at some point as well, but maybe not this year.

My first Shaman will be whatever comes first out of the Cruwear/Micarta or the August dealer exclusive. :)
Thanks!! Cruwear / Micarta would be great. Though for me it´s the MICARTA that is appealing, more than the Cruwear... ;)
ferider

Post by ferider »

Fascinating to see that the Harrier is better build than the Endela. I guess the cost reduction that comes with LW builds doesn't matter much in China. :)
Last edited by ferider on Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.